ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial application: Personal assets

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dknov007
Newly Registered

Initial application: Personal assets

Post by dknov007 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Hi,

I saw several posts where people were mentioning regarding including information about their personal assets and bank account statements along the initial HSMP application.

I know that there are no hard rules regarding what documents need to be included with an application, but I wonder what will I be planning to prove by including such information?

Thanks,
David

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Initial application: Personal assets

Post by MWazir » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 pm

dknov007 wrote:Hi,

I saw several posts where people were mentioning regarding including information about their personal assets and bank account statements along the initial HSMP application.

I know that there are no hard rules regarding what documents need to be included with an application, but I wonder what will I be planning to prove by including such information?

Thanks,
David
Bank statements are definitive evidence for proof of salary along with wage slips and tax documents.

Personel assets are not normally shown in an HSMP application. Maybe in the particular case you saw, the applicant was claiming points for spouse and was submitting it as part of the evidence - for example a joint ownership or mortgage

dknov007
Newly Registered

Post by dknov007 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:16 pm

Hm...So if I am planning to proove my income by providing salary slips and tax papers...bank account information and assets mentioning will not actually make my case considerably stronger, correct?

On the other hand I saw that form needed for EC does mention available funds and that's where it might become handy, right?

David

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:23 pm

dknov007 wrote:Hm...So if I am planning to proove my income by providing salary slips and tax papers...bank account information and assets mentioning will not actually make my case considerably stronger, correct?

On the other hand I saw that form needed for EC does mention available funds and that's where it might become handy, right?

David
Your bank statements are an important type of evidence. They show your salary debits. Personal assets will not have any bearing there. Liquid assets are more handy during EC as you rightly pointed out.