ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending and receiving documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dknov007
Newly Registered

Sending and receiving documents

Post by dknov007 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:47 pm

Hi,

I have noticed that many people on this forum are awfuly concerned about sending/receiving documents to/from HSMP team and everyone is thinking about arranging a courier for that...

I had been sending many letters in my life and none of them ever got lost so far...England is pretty much advance country :D , so I wonder why would people put so little faith into its mail system?...and if you're sending it from a large city outside of UK where postmail system is working smoothly, I say you have nothing to worry about.

I assume that documents that had indeed been lost, were lost BEFORE they were actually sent out by HSMP team (due to a negligence maybe) rather than during a mailing process itself.

Am I mistaken, should I be paranoid?

Thanks,
David

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:06 pm

I had been sending many letters in my life and none of them ever got lost so far...England is pretty much advance country , so I wonder why would people put so little faith into its mail system?...and if you're sending it from a large city outside of UK where postmail system is working smoothly, I say you have nothing to worry about.
I dont really want to burst your bubble - England is no doubt as you say an advanced country. However, I dont hold the same opinion about the Royal Mail. Royal Mail looses about 14.4 million letters a year according to the PostWatch. Also note that some oversea postal systems are notoriously bad.

Notwidthstanding that, even if its conceded for a minute that normal mails dont get misplaced, its very natural for anyone to be cautious. These are documents an applicant accumulates over his life time. Some of them are irreplaceable. If by spending a little extra money an applicant can ensure safe passage to and fro for his documents, then why not?

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:18 am

It is not always possible to arrange courier to pick up documents from HO. As HO says they will send the docs by first class post after assessment, as the name suggests, it might be quite reliable. Isn't it?
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

stanC
Newly Registered

Post by stanC » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:01 am

First class postage does not really guarantee anything, this is just different level of postage. There's second class stamp which I don't really know what is the differences. When I used to stay in UK, I usually used first class stamp. Unless the letter is not important and within the city i.e. London to London then I used 2nd class.