ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAC responses mostly for cutting tier 1 to protect tier 2

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

push
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by push » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 pm

ukswus wrote:
push wrote:
ukswus wrote:here is what will happen, in all likelihood:

http://news.efinancialcareers.co.uk/new ... emId-28860
Seems like a muddled up articles. What have the firms got to do with Tier-1?
what do you mean? tier 1 is now the only alternative to companies whose sponsorship certificates have run out for hiring overseas stuff.
No, the preference for companies is still Tier-2 for obvious reasons. They are actively lobbying for protecting Tier-2 & not Tier-1. Effectively this means, if it came to it, Tier-1 could be sacrificed in favour of Tier-2.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by mtuckersa » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:29 am

[/quote]No, the preference for companies is still Tier-2 for obvious reasons. They are actively lobbying for protecting Tier-2 & not Tier-1. Effectively this means, if it came to it, Tier-1 could be sacrificed in favour of Tier-2.[/quote]

Govt never does the obvious, so expect Tier 2 to be slashed

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

I think Tier 1 individuals probably pay more tax than Tier 2 as they probably earn higher salaries. Ok I am generalising here but I doubt govt would cut off the hand that feeds them

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Lets wait till MAC's recommendations are out.
regards,
push

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 pm

'Some businesses have been left in a situation where they are unable to sponsor anyone at all on a Tier 2 visa.'

This is exactly what I have come across as I mentioned in my previous post about the company have 5 x Tier 2 visas and now 0. I am not speculating I am presenting facts here

Source
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-10- ... permit.htm

Tier 2 visas have already been slashed no need to wait for MAC to tell us

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm

The immigration cap has so far affected Tier 2 visa applications more than Tier 1 visa applications. Some businesses have been left in a situation where they are unable to sponsor anyone at all on a Tier 2 visa.

letmec2006

Post by letmec2006 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

mtuckersa wrote:'Some businesses have been left in a situation where they are unable to sponsor anyone at all on a Tier 2 visa.'

This is exactly what I have come across as I mentioned in my previous post about the company have 5 x Tier 2 visas and now 0. I am not speculating I am presenting facts here

Source

Hi mtuckersa

I dont see what you are saying??

But Teir 2 is capped already which is old truth, there is cap going to be inplace for ICTs, and dependants wont be capped like in the interim period.

This is my theory because of seeing the media coverage

May be the following article may be of some use in line with your article you mentioned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... itain.html

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:46 pm

mtuckersa wrote:'Some businesses have been left in a situation where they are unable to sponsor anyone at all on a Tier 2 visa.'

Source

You dont seem to get it mate. The link you provide above does not lead to the article from which you have quoted.

You still need to wait for MAC's recommendations as what you are seeing now is the "interim cap" and MAC will recommend as to what the permanent cap should be (kicks in next year).
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 pm

For the sake of clarity - interim caps were put in place to mitigate against a flood of applications ahead of the intended permanent caps next year.
regards,
push

letmec2006

Post by letmec2006 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm

push wrote:For the sake of clarity - interim caps were put in place to mitigate against a flood of applications ahead of the intended permanent caps next year.
Push
I agree with that, but I feel it is practically easy to make a permanant cap when the interim cap just brought in few voices against, from 1 politician and few companies

Just a pilot you see...

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:18 pm

push wrote:

Source

You dont seem to get it mate. The link you provide above does not lead to the article from which you have quoted.

You still need to wait for MAC's recommendations as what you are seeing now is the "interim cap" and MAC will recommend as to what the permanent cap should be (kicks in next year).

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-10- ... on-cap.htm

here is the correct link MATE!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 pm

letmec2006 wrote:
push wrote:For the sake of clarity - interim caps were put in place to mitigate against a flood of applications ahead of the intended permanent caps next year.
Push
I agree with that, but I feel it is practically easy to make a permanant cap when the interim cap just brought in few voices against, from 1 politician and few companies

Just a pilot you see...
Thats what I have been saying - lets wait till MAC recommendations are published. Anything said before that is just a hearsay/speculation.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 pm

mtuckersa wrote:
push wrote:

Source

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-10- ... on-cap.htm

here is the correct link MATE!!
I have already seen that but what is the point? As I said, we are still seeing interim caps and need to wait till MAC's recommendations are out and a decision is taken on the same.
regards,
push

cisco3181

Post by cisco3181 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 am

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 am

I am almost certain that if there is any relaxation, that it will apply to ICTs only. Possible at the expense of even stricter cap on Tier 1.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Cameron is assuring business houses today.
Cameron will leave the definition of 'highly skilled needed' on business houses tomorrow.

My belief is Tier-1 immigration will suffer the most.

Mayan12

Post by Mayan12 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Why is MAC delaying it's publication of the new rules. Is it in anyways related to the FTA agreement between India and EU?