ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

And so the Process Begins:

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Couture
Newly Registered

And so the Process Begins:

Post by Couture » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Alright guys, thanks for past advice..now my partner and I have some sniffs of work probably after christmas so we are going to jump in feet first and start getting a file prepared for her Visa application. I thought it a good idea to initially post here a list of things we intend to include and maybe some of you can comment on anything we missed or if theres something I dont need, or something would be insufficient etc.

So - ex employer is saying theres a chance our positions could come up again - easy for me because i can jump across the ocean and start work immediately so we want to make it a no brainer for ECO to process my partner. We are getting married soon (not for visa), she is going to do her english test etc.

Heres our list:

Proof of relationship
- marriage certificate
- bank statements showing dual salaries
- emails
- photographs together
- gym membership with joint names
- my divorce decree from previous

Proof of income
- letter of job offer for me*
- letter of job offer for her*
- bank statement showing cash from sale of assets (car, TV, furniture)
- receipts from sale of assets
- bank statement showing savings (wont be much)
- Letter from each of us stating our profession and expected annual salaries *in absence of job offer letter for either of us

Miscellaneous Suporting Documents
- Passed english exam
- letter from landlord showing cost of rental in UK (zero) and details of house
- her CV and Degree
- monthly outgoings vs income analysis
- Her passport shows past Irish visa - is this useful at all?

Thats all I can think of and pretty much all we can get our hands on. Any opinions on this would be hugely appreciated. Shes starting to build her file this week.

Thanks guys

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Assuming the application will be made in the UK, what is her current UK immigration status?
John

Couture
Newly Registered

Post by Couture » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm

John wrote:Assuming the application will be made in the UK, what is her current UK immigration status?
Application will be made from here in Mexico mate. She has no status as yet, shes a foreign national, non EEA..soon to be my Mrs.