ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about permanent residency in Denmark

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mDanish
Newly Registered

Questions about permanent residency in Denmark

Post by mDanish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:09 pm

I am looking for some information regarding permanent residency in Denmark. Is it possible if I can take my wife along with me to Denmark if I apply for Work permit or Green Card scheme? Also, my wife is 3 month pregnant at the moment. If my baby is born in Denmark while I am on work permit or under Green card program, will my baby get citizenship as he/she was born in Denmark? Looking for some clarification before I apply.

Dash_of_Salt
Newly Registered

Straightforward

Post by Dash_of_Salt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 pm

In regard to the first question, no they will not allow her. However they offer visa exemption to people accompanying family all the time so you might as well try. I have a feeling your situation would be approved.

Additionally, yes your child would be able to get the citizenship, but you'd have to go through quite a bit of paperwork, and it's not guaranteed. Maybe even stay in Denmark a while and get your citizenship as well.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

So much rubbish

Post by eldane » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 pm

I have never heard so much BS as what has come from dash_of_shite.

To obtain Danish nationality you must have been permanent resident for 9 years and pass a citizenship test which I just barely passed even being danish citizen.

Your child will become same national as the one the mother holds. Mind you you are not entitle to health services for 6 months after arriving in Denmark as you have quarantine per national legislation. This is even true for myself living abroad if I should return back to Denmark.
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/citizens ... tional.htm

Health charges are VERY high in Denmark and your wife may not even be able to get a international health insurance as she is pregnant.

Bringing you wife is possible not far for so easy as a dash_of_shite tends to think.

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t ... scheme.htm

You must have full health insurance covering you and any accompanying family members until you are covered by the Danish National Health Insurance.

You must document that you are able to support yourself during your first year in Denmark. Documentation can be a recent bank statement in your name which clearly states in which currency, and on which date, the statement was issued. If you wish to apply for a residence permit for accompanying family members, you must also document that you are able to support your family members. This documentation must be in either your own or your spouse's/partner's name.

Family members

If you hold a residence permit under the greencard scheme, your spouse, registered partner or cohabiting partner, as well as any children under the age of 18 who are living at home with you, are also eligible for residence permits. Your family members must be able to support themselves and you must live together in Denmark at the same address. Your spouse, registered partner or cohabiting partner is allowed to work full-time for the entire period his or her permit is valid.

Becoming a Danish citizen:
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/citizens ... isfied.htm

regards,

Eldanes
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..