ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnancy and Tier 2 sponsorship / leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash8
BANNED

Pregnancy and Tier 2 sponsorship / leave

Post by Ash8 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Hello,

My wife is on Tier 2 visa.
Can you please tell me the rules if she gets pregnant. Will the company have to get her new VISA as the current (tier2) visa says she is working full fulltime. In that case she will not be working.
I heard that the company has to apply for a new visa and as she is on Tier 2 which is work visa so will her job be safe during her maternity period. Will that effect her Permanent Residency application.
Also the rules till now say that workpermit holders (tier2) can get PR after 5 years if they apply after 2006. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:32 pm

Unless the employer withdraws sponsorship, there is no effect on Tier 2 leave to enter / remain, irrespective of whether the migrant is pregnant or not. The migrant is entitled to statutory maternity leave and statutory maternity pay in accordance with the terms and conditions of her employment.

If the current leave expires during maternity leave, apply for extension with sa valid (new) CoS from the employer before current leave expires.

regards