ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposed Civil partner visa--how much money/savings required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webb80
Newly Registered

Proposed Civil partner visa--how much money/savings required

Post by webb80 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi, my partner who is from the USA and I are in the process of gathering out info to apply for her UK proposed civil partner visa..we have all evidence required and supporting documents..just wanted to know if there is an exact amount required that she must have in her account? if not what do you think the recommended amount would be?
She has a job offer for when we have got the FLR visa.
Any info would be appreciated as we dont want to be ruefused if we dont have enough in ther account yet...
Thankyou

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Proposed Civil partner visa--how much money/savings requ

Post by ElenaW » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:19 pm

webb80 wrote:Hi, my partner who is from the USA and I are in the process of gathering out info to apply for her UK proposed civil partner visa..we have all evidence required and supporting documents..just wanted to know if there is an exact amount required that she must have in her account? if not what do you think the recommended amount would be?
She has a job offer for when we have got the FLR visa.
Any info would be appreciated as we dont want to be ruefused if we dont have enough in ther account yet...
Thankyou
Your account is the one that matters. Your US partner's not so much. You need atleast £102/week after rent and council tax so if she's got a job offer and you've got a job you should be fine. Savings are never required but always a plus.
I tell it like it is.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:21 pm

There is no set amount for your partner to hold in her account. The focus will be on your ability (as sponsor) to support her financially once she arrives in the UK. Your bank account and finances will be paramount.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Elena...you beat me by a whisker! :wink:

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Casa wrote:Elena...you beat me by a whisker! :wink:
Hehehehe 8)
I tell it like it is.

webb80
Newly Registered

Elena and Casa

Post by webb80 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Thank you both for your replies...do you mean we need to have £106 per week between us after mortgage etc..as I am on disability/ESA and dont get that myself but with partners saving until she can start her job we will have more than that between us per week..will this be sufficient if i explain that i am waiting for surgery but intend to return to work immediately afterwards?
Than ks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Elena and Casa

Post by ElenaW » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 pm

webb80 wrote:Thank you both for your replies...do you mean we need to have £106 per week between us after mortgage etc..as I am on disability/ESA and dont get that myself but with partners saving until she can start her job we will have more than that between us per week..will this be sufficient if i explain that i am waiting for surgery but intend to return to work immediately afterwards?
Than ks
Yes this is sufficient.
I tell it like it is.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:01 am

From May this year I have been helping my sister out as she was getting work done to her house.

That is the reason why I was spending all my money she has got 3 kids.

Shall I say this in the letter also I have money saved in a saving account total of £25000 what has not been touch from 2008.

What is the best way round this.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

Yas2010...what are you doing in Webb80's thread? Please can you continue to post in the thread you have running at the moment.