ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family member renewel after 6year on Stamp4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flatpack

EU Family member renewel after 6year on Stamp4

Post by flatpack » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 am

Hi,
i was on stamp 4 for more then 6 years, it is expired with my password so after renewal of my passport, i went to immigration office to extend my stamp4 (I got this stamp in 2003 after successful application from department) but now I’m told apply again in DOJ by filling Form EU3 and send it to DOJ with all required documents because law is changed in 2007, Now my previous visa is expired for 4 weeks at this stage, and i already applied for naturalisation last year. so what to do this stage? go ahead and apply in DOJ by filling that form or i have to get some temporary stamp as i don’t want to stay illegal even for a day. As you all know how things are in Tipperary office.

Sorry for my poor English but i m in real panic and I m loosing my nerves over this and don’t want to pay some solicitor. Any input is much appreciated.

forget to mention i m working so my wife she is here in ireland more then 9 years and never was on SW so i.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 pm

good question..i will wait for the answer from someone...

As i have to apply in may 2011 as well...however, i have 2 more years after

fatty patty

Re: EU Family member renewel after 6year on Stamp4

Post by fatty patty » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:15 am

flatpack wrote:Hi,
i was on stamp 4 for more then 6 years, it is expired with my password so after renewal of my passport, i went to immigration office to extend my stamp4 (I got this stamp in 2003 after successful application from department) but now I’m told apply again in DOJ by filling Form EU3 and send it to DOJ with all required documents because law is changed in 2007, Now my previous visa is expired for 4 weeks at this stage, and i already applied for naturalisation last year. so what to do this stage? go ahead and apply in DOJ by filling that form or i have to get some temporary stamp as i don’t want to stay illegal even for a day. As you all know how things are in Tipperary office.

Sorry for my poor English but i m in real panic and I m loosing my nerves over this and don’t want to pay some solicitor. Any input is much appreciated.

forget to mention i m working so my wife she is here in ireland more then 9 years and never was on SW so i.
You should be applying for LTR to cover stamps in your passport untill your citizenship application is pending. It's for those who have stayed on stamp 4 for around 5 years. Have a look at this...

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... _Residency

If you are EUfam 4 then i am pretty sure EU3 is the right form...and i dont think you won't be illegal as your case is going to be under process with them.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 am

fatty patty thanks for reply, i was in immigration office last week and i was told i have to fill out eufam3 and apply to DOJ, but my worry is what about now? I m I don’t have visa already 4 weeks gone by now and I m hoping it will not effect my naturalisation application. i m in middle of moving my job as well so new employer would be seeking some sort of proof or copy of letter stating i can work in ireland.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 am

It says on the leaflet that EU3 takes 6 months to process. I assume you get some kind of letter/ref no. after lodging your application with DoJ, that letter should suffice in your case, as you are still EU spouse/family member + you have been given EU stamp before. You dont need to worry that much...1 month over isn't that big deal man, i know people who were 4-5 months over and received their stamps. Its not ideal to be late but hey shit happens.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:52 am

my bankstatment is in overdraft now, i think i should wait for my next pay and then get bankstatment in next two weeks, and hope for good.
thanks for reply m8