ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about travel under Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lamaya
Newly Registered

Question about travel under Student Visa

Post by lamaya » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am

Hi!
My student visa expires January 17th 2011, I'm going to apply for Post Study Work but there are no appointments for the rest of this year. I want to go back home for the Christmas Holidays. I could apply by post but they can't assure me I would get my passport on time for my travel. My question is: If I return early January 2011, would I be able to enter the UK even though the process for my PSW is not started?
Thanks so much for your help!!

CC.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 am

If you are no longer a student, then they may refuse entry under 321A.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lamaya
Newly Registered

Post by lamaya » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 am

ok thanks! I looked up your reference and 321A is oversatying. If I enter the UK again before my visa expires, how is that overstaying? I'm planning on applying in person in January before my visa expires...Do you still think I can have a problem?
Thanks!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Grounds on which leave to enter or remain which is in force is to be cancelled at port or while the holder is outside the United Kingdom wrote:321A. The following grounds for the cancellation of a person's leave to enter or remain which is in force on his arrival in, or whilst he is outside, the United Kingdom apply;

(1) there has been such a change in the circumstances of that person's case since the leave was given, that it should be cancelled; or
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lamaya
Newly Registered

Post by lamaya » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Thank you for your advice :)

gws14l
Newly Registered

Post by gws14l » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:47 am

what if I haven't graduated yet, but have finished my study. For example : I will finish my study in September, but will be graduated in January. During the time between September and January, can I go back to my country? ah ya, and my visa willbe expired in February.

any thought?

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 am

@gsw

Most probably they won't let you enter on the visa which has an expired CAS, mean course has been finished.

What they will do, they will get a written application from you on the college / university name with your full home country address, in which you need to states that you result and final document should be sent via post to your home country address. They will send you back home and submit application to your college / university on your behalf.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

gws14l
Newly Registered

Post by gws14l » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

that sounds bad...i have to be very careful in considering this then...

thx