ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eligibility for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitin2k
Newly Registered

eligibility for ILR

Post by nitin2k » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi all,
I have a query regarding my eligibility for ILR, would appreciate if anyone with reliable information on the same can respond to it.
I came to the UK in June 2006 on work permit. Since then I have travelled out of Uk for work and holidays. I have following two queries:
1. In year 2007, I went to India for holidays (between project, but returned on the same work permit) for 94 days in a single trip. Does this disqualify me from applying for ILR by 2011 June?
2. Due to my work as consultant, I have travelled out of UK for business a lot and as a result my total number of days out of the UK since June 2006 has exceeded the limit of 180days. This is including business and holidays abroad.
Any advise on the above will be very helpful. Kindly, do please give reliable information or share your experiences.

Cheers
Nitin

Hi,

can I break these absence of 94 days in days required for business purposes and unpaid leave.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Nitin
Last edited by nitin2k on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:08 am

1- could be a problem.
2- it should be ok as long as u can justify the absences.

nksg

Re: eligibility for ILR

Post by nksg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:59 pm

1. If you were paid in UK for the period of 94 days, should be OK. Just take a letter from your employer confirming the same...
nitin2k wrote:Hi all,
I have a query regarding my eligibility for ILR, would appreciate if anyone with reliable information on the same can respond to it.
I came to the UK in June 2006 on work permit. Since then I have travelled out of Uk for work and holidays. I have following two queries:
1. In year 2007, I went to India for holidays (between project, but returned on the same work permit) for 94 days in a single trip. Does this disqualify me from applying for ILR by 2011 June?
2. Due to my work as consultant, I have travelled out of UK for business a lot and as a result my total number of days out of the UK since June 2006 has the limit of 180days. This is including business and holidays abroad.
Any advise on the above will be very helpful. Kindly, do please give reliable information or share your experiences.

Cheers
Nitin

nitin2k
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR

Post by nitin2k » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi,

I had been worried about my ILR application due to my absences of more than 90 days on one ocassion from the UK.

I now want to inform all the members that I was successfully granted ILR on 16th June 2011. Based on experiences posted from other members, I also decided to go to Solihull and boy..oh.boy was I right in doing so.

Turns out that Solihull is the best place to go for your PEO appointment because the fee is taken only after the case worker is certain that the application is successful.

Based on my experience at Solihull, I will advise anyone who have any such doubt about their application should try and book his PEO appointment at Solihull.

Cheers..
Nitin

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Congratulations Nitin...

Could you please let me know the documents you've asked for..?

nitin2k
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR

Post by nitin2k » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Documents that I was asked for

1) WP Approval Letters for the last 5 years since I had been on WP
2) Last 3 months pay slips
3) Current employers Reference Letter (it should mention the SOC code as per the new UKBA guidnace on code of practice)
4) KOL Pass notification letter for me & my wife
5) Proof of cohabitation for last two years ( in my case I provided council tax bill for 2009 & 2011)

6) Letter from past employer confirming that all the absences from UK were either business travel or paid annual leaves.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers..
Nitin