ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay to issue COS for tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Has anybody gos intial COS for tier 2 recenly

infoneeded
Newly Registered

Post by infoneeded » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:00 am

My employer is still waiting to hear from october panel of UKBA on allocation of CoS for new joiner.

Let's see.

towerrounder
Newly Registered

COS Received

Post by towerrounder » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi All I received on Thursday. My PSW expires at the end of the month so it was late but in time.

The company had to apply for an additional COS for me, and its taken around a month and a half for the home office to get back to us.

They are an existing A rated sponsor and I've been working with them for just over two years.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi towerrounder,

Did you get a CoS?? was your CoS request for switching from PSW to tier 2 (Genera)?

Regards,

towerrounder
Newly Registered

PSW to Tier 2 (general)

Post by towerrounder » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 am

Hey pokale2600,

Yes I did. Switiching from a PSW to a Tier 2 (General)

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:18 am

Hello towerrounder,

Thanks for ur reply.

i read you got CoS for switching from PSW to tier 2 i think your are the only one so far who recived CoS in this category. can you please let me know f your request for COS was by normal post or you tried any other route including lawyer. agents etc

Will be great help you get back to me. My visa application is with UKBA which was sent without CoS. Hoping to get CoS (PSW to tier 2) from next month panel before they refuse my visa,

regards

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Re: PSW to Tier 2 (general)

Post by roadkill1979 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:25 pm

towerrounder wrote:Hey pokale2600,

Yes I did. Switiching from a PSW to a Tier 2 (General)

what did you mentioned on extra notes space or covering letter.
did u mentioned you are working for the firm for more than 2 years or you mentioned you are working for more than 6 months.

I got refusal from Sept panel(monthly limit reached allocating the priority cases) and then October panel (filled wrong section ''1'')
in both sept/Oct my visa was more than 60 days.
Now for November my visa is less than 60 days. let hope for the best.
9th December visa expiry.

towerrounder
Newly Registered

Hi guys

Post by towerrounder » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:42 pm

I unfortunately don't know much of the details as I used an reputable agency to handle all of that for me. They were expensive but they have been worth it. Although they mainly handled my application they also assisted the company with the paper work in obtaining the COS. I believe the agency had already experience failed applications who submitted without a COS certificate.

I don't know exactly what they wrote but I believed they just mentioned that I was switching from a PSW. I think they also mentioned that they I had been working there a while and therefore they didn't not need to do the resident labour test.

If you read some of my earlier post you'll both see that I thought I had no chance in my company obtaining an additional COS for me. Then this past Thursday (after I left work) I got a call from HR informing me that they had their COS allowance increased to 1. The immigration cap reduced this to zero when it was introduced. Whether this was down to the application made on my behalf for a cos, or something else I can not say for sure. They are an existing A rated sponsor who already employed one other person who required a work permit.

They applied for the COS about a month and a half ago by post, and I believe they were still waiting for a reply. It was only on the off chance that my company's HR phoned to enquire about the COS application that they were told that they had a COS to allocate.

I wish I could help more, but I honestly don't know why my company was allocated an additional COS for me. We did nothing out of the ordinary.

Feel free to ask though and I help if I can.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Re: Hi guys

Post by roadkill1979 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:04 pm

towerrounder wrote:I unfortunately don't know much of the details as I used an reputable agency to handle all of that for me. They were expensive but they have been worth it. Although they mainly handled my application they also assisted the company with the paper work in obtaining the COS. I believe the agency had already experience failed applications who submitted without a COS certificate.

I don't know exactly what they wrote but I believed they just mentioned that I was switching from a PSW. I think they also mentioned that they I had been working there a while and therefore they didn't not need to do the resident labour test.

If you read some of my earlier post you'll both see that I thought I had no chance in my company obtaining an additional COS for me. Then this past Thursday (after I left work) I got a call from HR informing me that they had their COS allowance increased to 1. The immigration cap reduced this to zero when it was introduced. Whether this was down to the application made on my behalf for a cos, or something else I can not say for sure. They are an existing A rated sponsor who already employed one other person who required a work permit.

They applied for the COS about a month and a half ago by post, and I believe they were still waiting for a reply. It was only on the off chance that my company's HR phoned to enquire about the COS application that they were told that they had a COS to allocate.

I wish I could help more, but I honestly don't know why my company was allocated an additional COS for me. We did nothing out of the ordinary.

Feel free to ask though and I help if I can.
-Cos from all the sponsors were taken back from 31 august if they haven't used it.
-now all sponsors send request to consider on monthly pannel for Cos allocation according to their need.(I hope u know this)
-can u tell me how (which form) your company used to apply for Cos 1.5 months ago.
-My company applied twice when my visa was more than 60 days and got refusal.One of the eligibility is ''your visa should be less than 60 days to expire''.
Now I am within this 60 days and we applied using COS(AR) form
I am working for the firm for more than 2 years.
++Can you tell me which agency you used for your case ?
Any idea was it COS(AR) form for your company's CoS ?
Thanks

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 am

Hi,

I am waiting for Nov 1st panel meeting decision. This is the second time my employer is applying for the cos request. I have been working for this employer for over 9 months, when i was offered permanant contract the company just had Tier 2 A rated intra company transfer status, so they had to apply for general status, my hr applied for general status in july and immigration took 4 months to decide the out come of license application. There was some question on authority signatures and finally they approved the license on 6 oct and sponsor register was updated on the same date. My employer submitted the first cos application in sept for oct panel meeting prior to the license approval and got rejected on 4th oct. Now we have got a license and application for cos request is been send few weeks ago for the coming panel meeting. My psw expires on 7 th nov and I have no clue on wats gonna happen in the coming panel meeting.

I would be very thankfull for your valuable advice on my case.

Thanks
Pavan

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 am

pavan_thampi wrote:Hi,

I am waiting for Nov 1st panel meeting decision. This is the second time my employer is applying for the cos request. I have been working for this employer for over 9 months, when i was offered permanant contract the company just had Tier 2 A rated intra company transfer status, so they had to apply for general status, my hr applied for general status in july and immigration took 4 months to decide the out come of license application. There was some question on authority signatures and finally they approved the license on 6 oct and sponsor register was updated on the same date. My employer submitted the first cos application in sept for oct panel meeting prior to the license approval and got rejected on 4th oct. Now we have got a license and application for cos request is been send few weeks ago for the coming panel meeting. My psw expires on 7 th nov and I have no clue on wats gonna happen in the coming panel meeting.

I would be very thankfull for your valuable advice on my case.

Thanks
Pavan
In the last two attempts to get CoS for me my company got refusal within 1st week of that month. So they are quite quick in my case to respond.
Once with a detailed letter explaining my visa should be 60 days to expiry and secondly they issued CoS to more deserving applicants at that moment mostly work permit extension cases.
In our second attempt as my visa was still more than 60 days we tried to fill it on COS(AR) form section 1, which was the reason they said the form is filled wrong, fill the appropriate section ( I think section 3 with more explanation in the next page space) and send again for Nov meeting.
Now we applied and my visa is less than 60 days and correct section is filled, lets hope for the best.
I am working for my company for more than 2 years and 2 years is Full time on my PSW.
Company wrote a covering letter as-well for my importance to the business.
My visa is expiring on 9 December. So if not this time than I have one more chance before I apply my visa for Tier 2 without CoS and get few more weeks to enjoy X-Mas ;) and New years Eve

Good Luck to all.

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:48 am

My hr manager contacted immigration and he was told that if the application is successfull the sponsor management system will be updated within 48 hours.

Any updates please post.

many Thanks
Pavan

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

pavan_thampi wrote:My hr manager contacted immigration and he was told that if the application is successfull the sponsor management system will be updated within 48 hours.

Any updates please post.

many Thanks
Pavan
:oops:
So after the meeting we get result by post and if CoS is granted then Sponsor management system will be updated as-well.

Few more days and then I'll update my situation.
Take care
For some reason I can't concentrate on my work now :wink:

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:02 am

Dont worry mate, every thing will be alright in next couple of days. Lets hope for good and also be prepared if the worst happen.

Thanks
Pavan

Genuinealb
Mood:
Albania

Post by Genuinealb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi guys,

I am switching from WP to tier2. I have been working for this company for over three years now. My visa expires on 1st of November.
The sponsors licence application has been rejected three times for some silly mistakes and minor issues.
We sent the application for the fourth time 3 days ago.

I am going to apply for Tier 2 and send a covering letter to explain everything.

I have spoken to this solicitor and he was pretty confident that if I get them to be my case representative, the HO might hold on to my application until my employer get the licence and cos.

Do you guys think is worth paying this solicitor or no? I qualify under transitional arrangements so there is not a lot of paperwork involved. (Tier 2 application form, passport, 2 photographs and Cover letter). Or shall i send other papers as well.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to you all.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Genuinealb wrote:Hi guys,

I am switching from WP to tier2. I have been working for this company for over three years now. My visa expires on 1st of November.
The sponsors licence application has been rejected three times for some silly mistakes and minor issues.

I am going to apply for Tier 2 and send a covering letter to explain everything.

I have spoken to this solicitor and he was pretty confident that if I get them to be my case representative, the HO might hold on to my application until my employer get the licence and cos.

Do you guys think is worth paying this solicitor or no? I qualify under transitional arrangements so there is not a lot of paperwork involved. (Tier 2 application form, passport, 2 photographs and Cover letter). Or shall i send other papers as well.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to you all.
-Were you on work permit from the same current company or you are changing.
-If you had three years work permit before then definitely you will get two more years if same company is happy to keep you and you over come the code of conduct pay level with job description.
-Can you tell me why previously your Cos requests were rejected ?so that other people be ware for these mistakes....

-I think if you applied 3 days ago your Cos request will be heard on December panel.
your visa expires on 1 November.You must Send your application before that (complete or incomplete)
if your Cos is not accompanying your application then write a covering letter your self and also from your company HR department, explaining the Cos delay and your previous attempts and reasons which should be eliminated so that UKBA hold on to your application till the out come.
If I were you and if I am sure that i'll get the Cos I'll apply myself with HR dept letter and my personal letter of explanation.

Genuinealb
Mood:
Albania

Post by Genuinealb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:08 pm

roadkill1979 wrote:
Genuinealb wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Good luck to you all.
-Were you on work permit from the same current company or you are changing.
-If you had three years work permit before then definitely you will get two more years if same company is happy to keep you and you over come the code of conduct pay level with job description.
-Can you tell me why previously your Cos requests were rejected ?so that other people be ware for these mistakes....

-I think if you applied 3 days ago your Cos request will be heard on December panel.
your visa expires on 1 November.You must Send your application before that (complete or incomplete)
if your Cos is not accompanying your application then write a covering letter your self and also from your company HR department, explaining the Cos delay and your previous attempts and reasons which should be eliminated so that UKBA hold on to your application till the out come.
If I were you and if I am sure that i'll get the Cos I'll apply myself with HR dept letter and my personal letter of explanation.
I was on work permit for the same company for more thsn thrre years. Started part time when I was student for 6 months and then got the WP. The company wants to keep me in its team.

However the situation is a bit more complicated than what you say. My employer has been rjected the sponsors licence. Along with the sponsor's licence application they have sent the COS (AR) form.

First time we sent copies of company paperwork. - rejected
Second time we sent signed coppies by a member of public - rejected
Third time we sent certified coppies by a solicitor (solicitor didn't put his name but the name of solicitors office) - rejected for the reason in brackets.
Fourth time we sent certified coppies by a solicitor with the name of signatory and the stamp. - waiting

Thanks

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 am

In the priority list for cos under special consideration seems the position of my application is 5th

SOOO How much is my chance???????

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:23 am

U should be happy I am no 6 in the list. Number of tier 2 is capped to 18000 this year. In the last panel meeting they just approved 108 (Tier 2 extension) out of 2000 applications. Chances are very slim for new tier 2 application. I have no clue about the coming panel meeting on monday 1st Nov. There are also exceptional cases were few have got allocation for making new tier 2 application. Lets hope for a positive result.

Thanks
Pavan

dr_smmr

Post by dr_smmr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 am

pavan_thampi wrote:U should be happy I am no 6 in the list. Number of tier 2 is capped to 18000 this year. In the last panel meeting they just approved 108 (Tier 2 extension) out of 2000 applications. Chances are very slim for new tier 2 application. I have no clue about the coming panel meeting on monday 1st Nov. There are also exceptional cases were few have got allocation for making new tier 2 application. Lets hope for a positive result.

Thanks
Pavan
@pavan

Thanks for information.
This 18000 allocation is for july 2010 to march 2011...isnt it?

If it is true have u got any idea how much COS already allocated in the mean time.

regards

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:51 pm

i know it might sound crazy, but herez my story,
my employer started filling out form in sponsorship mngmnt system n called me to help him out in putting details but that bleming system wont let us proceed and kept on asking to choose dates for cos, we tried everything but cudnt.. then later he just went to the limit link and it said 0 limit and then he put request for one last week friday..
then he called them today that wat is going on, and the guy there said that they hav put a stop on all tier2 cos until april next year(i dunno if its correct or not) and he told him(my employer) to print a form and send it exactly 60days before when my visa is expiring.. wich seems quite odd to me, looking at the posts i read earlier, that they are doing a monthly allocation of cos now.
and now my visa is expiring on 9feb11 and this is getting me quite worried, as me and my employer dont know wich way is rite, either apply for a cos again or wait till my visa is 60days to expire..

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:55 pm

anyways where do u put that employee is on psw, coz i cudnt find anywhere for that, and another question, my employer is raising my salary in december and now we are confused dat shud we put the new salary on the form or shud we put the old one?

munchkin616
Newly Registered

Post by munchkin616 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:02 pm

dr_smmr wrote:In the priority list for cos under special consideration seems the position of my application is 5th

question... how do you know where you are in the priority list? can you explain this please? :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:45 pm

munchkin616 wrote:
dr_smmr wrote:In the priority list for cos under special consideration seems the position of my application is 5th

question... how do you know where you are in the priority list? can you explain this please? :)
Given in this post. In your case, I guess it will be (e).

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 am

Hey, not fair.. nobody has replied to my post.. :(