ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAS NUMBER

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogeeta75
United Kingdom

CAS NUMBER

Post by yogeeta75 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Hello,
Can u please advice

Actually my college is an a rated sponsor
I have applied for a CAS number on the 24 aug 2010
as at today the 28/10,i have not received it
The college is saying when they r contacting UKBA-UKBA is telling them to wait and hence i have to wait as well..

Now i have already overstayed for 35 days
what can i do now??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:20 pm

yogeeta75 wrote:Now i have already overstayed for 35 days
what can i do now??
Return to your home country.

regards

yogeeta75
United Kingdom

Post by yogeeta75 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:42 pm

I would have but the college said that it will not be counted as overstaying as the application was done on the 24/08 befor the current visa expires and ukba knows that the application for CAS number is pending..

i have sent the extension application to ukba without the CAS number as advised by college,it was returned to me saying invalid and asked me to apply again..with CAS number

do i still need to go back?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Now that your visa has expired and that your application has been returned as invalid, you have no legal right to remain in the UK.

Even if you get the CAS number and apply again, it will be at UKBA's discretion whether or not to assess / consider your out-of-time application. If they do assess it but refuse it again you'll be adding on to your days in UK as an overstayer and time spent in UK as an overstayer may influence any future Entry Clearance application(s).

Consider returning to home country within 28 days (of receiving the refusal due to invalid application) and apply for EC from home country once you receive CAS.

regards