ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:49 pm

southdublinar is ther any news.

alex725
Newly Registered

Post by alex725 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:49 pm

[quote=
I say this because, I got my citizenship by keeping the flame burning...
Nana[/quote]

Hey Nana,
How often did you posted to INIS your up-dated information?And how long did it take for you to get Certificate of Naturalization?
Thanks
Last edited by alex725 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex725
Newly Registered

Post by alex725 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:51 pm

posted by mistake

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 pm

nanette wrote:People who applied and are still waiting for more than 2 years.
Do the following to get their attention:

If you are working
0. send a letter requesting an update on your file.
NOTE:
in the letter also state that you included a recent document clarifying your employment situation (listing document included in the envelop)
1. Send them your latest P60
2. Send them your last 3 months payslips
3. Send a Social Welfare letter stating that you are NOT in receipt of any employment benefit.
4. Send them your lastest GNIB + passport copies (if applicable)
5. A copy of birth cert (translated and legalised...this cost around 30 euros)
6. Send it via registered post

I say this because, I got my citizenship by keeping the flame burning...Make them know and understand that you are still around and contributing.

Nana
Hi Nanette,
you seem experienced to me regarding the citizenship issue, and I have a question which is confusing me, I hope you can help me through your experience.
I applied on July 2009 and become unemployed on Feb 2010 (after working and paying taxes and prsi for 6 years) right now i have 2 options.
first is to leave Ireland and go abroad for working (as Ia pplied for so many jobs but nothing gone ok) and the catch is I signed the declartion in the application about my intention to leave in Ireland for the rest of my life and I'm afraid if I leave the country they will discared my application.
second is to stay in Ireland but I'm getting unemployment benefits ( the PRSI i paied erlier) and the catch is I'm burdon on the state right now.
What's your opinion and the other readers in this forum as well?
peace on you

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:19 am

If you are working
NOTE:
in the letter also state that you included a recent document clarifying your employment situation (listing document included in the envelop)
3. Send a Social Welfare letter stating that you are NOT in receipt of any employment benefit.

I say this because, I got my citizenship by keeping the flame burning...Make them know and understand that you are still around and contributing.

Nana
Hi Nanette,
I did all the above when INIS asked for Additional Docs 6 months ago. When i asked for status on Phone, they said they're waiting for Gardai vetting report. how long do you reckon this would take? i lived at 4 addresses all in South Dublin but the Gardai report is taking forever. Prospective teachers get theirs' in 3 weeks :twisted: INIS insist that's the only report required. I've given up hopes of getting it this year..

aya101

Post by aya101 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:35 pm

nanette wrote:It would be nice if you elaborated more about you situation.

i dont work ,i have sent many emails

is not very clear.

Questions for you Aya101

1. When did you apply ?
2. When did stop working?

Nana

aya101 wrote:i dont work ,i have sent many emails!

i have posted about this before,I applied 2 weeks ago on the 14 of oct and Im a student.It was returned to me on the 30 of september due to not having the correct documents and I then had gotten these documents and sent them on the 14th and I still havent recived a post or email.I emailed a lot of times but no reply

can i be irish
Newly Registered

Post by can i be irish » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:10 pm

i have posted about this before,I applied 2 weeks ago on the 14 of oct and Im a student.It was returned to me on the 30 of september due to not having the correct documents and I then had gotten these documents and sent them on the 14th and I still havent recived a post or email.I emailed a lot of times but

wait aliitle while more and have some patience, u r not only one whose stressed. they work wen and what they want

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:18 pm

alex725 wrote:[quote=
I say this because, I got my citizenship by keeping the flame burning...
Nana
Hey Nana,
How often did you posted to INIS your up-dated information?And how long did it take for you to get Certificate of Naturalization?
Thanks[/quote]

Hi,

I applied in August 2007 and was approved in November 2009.
After I got asked for my p21, payslips etc... in Feb 2009, I was calling every 2 weeks. When I changed Jobs, I wrote to them add more payslips/P60 to prove this etc..

The Certificate took less than a month after I paid the 950 euros...Passport took 5 days or so.

Nana

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:29 pm

aya101 wrote:

is not very clear.

Questions for you Aya101

1. When did you apply ?

Nana

i have posted about this before,I applied 2 weeks ago on the 14 of oct and Im a student.It was returned to me on the 30 of september due to not having the correct documents and I then had gotten these documents and sent them on the 14th and I still havent recived a post or email.I emailed a lot of times but no reply
i have posted about this before ----> The attitude man...You are not polite. We are here to help and be nice. I am starting to wonder what did you write in those emails to INIS.

It is always good to give an introduction about yourself for every post to put out there....no one will go thru yoour history of posting.

Did you reply or just update your existing file?
This what I would do if I was you:

INIS does not respond to emails...Use the phone to contact them OR better send them a register post letter.

NOTE:
If you are a student on your own, it is going to be very difficult for them to accept you. But you should not stop from trying.

The reason to this is that, you will need 5 years residency in Ireland (stamps on your passport should show that) and student time DOES NO COUNT.

Good luck.
nana

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi All,

I have a quick question, the additional documents that we normally sent to INIS when they request for , so do those additional documents copies need to be certified by a solicitor, or do you just send them by making a copy of orginals.

Please advise

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 pm

no news friends....applied in March 2007...no word whatsoever...

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:06 pm

HamzaCork wrote:Hi All,

I have a quick question, the additional documents that we normally sent to INIS when they request for , so do those additional documents copies need to be certified by a solicitor, or do you just send them by making a copy of orginals.

Please advise
You will legalize your birth Cert and marriage cert when this is coming from a different country. Example: Birth Cert from France will have to translated in English and legalised or certified [/b]

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:12 pm

southdubliner wrote:no news friends....applied in March 2007...no word whatsoever...
You shoud have received your citizenship long ago...If you are still working then write to them just give up an update about your employment situation again

Example:
I am writing to you to give an update situation of my employment. I've been employed by xyxyz from o'connell street since 2000. I hold a position as a senior C++ programmer.
I've enclosed the latest payslip of the last 3 months.

I would also to take to opportunity to enquire the status of application with you as it has been more than 2 years (Re: waiting time as per your website is 23 months) now.

Your sincerely,
southdubliner

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:20 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:

If you are working
NOTE:

Nana
Hi Nanette,
you seem experienced to me regarding the citizenship issue, and I have a question which is confusing me, I hope you can help me through your experience.
I applied on July 2009 and become unemployed on Feb 2010 (after working and paying taxes and prsi for 6 years) right now i have 2 options.
first is to leave Ireland and go abroad for working (as Ia pplied for so many jobs but nothing gone ok) and the catch is I signed the declartion in the application about my intention to leave in Ireland for the rest of my life and I'm afraid if I leave the country they will discared my application.
second is to stay in Ireland but I'm getting unemployment benefits ( the PRSI i paied erlier) and the catch is I'm burdon on the state right now.
What's your opinion and the other readers in this forum as well?
IRISH PHAROE,
Your case reads 2 options:

1. Go abroad and work there.

This will impact your citizhenship...

2. Stay in Ireland and continue to look for a job.

As soon as I get a job, update the citizenship dept (acknowlegding in your letter that you took employment benefit), send a letter from Social Welfare but also your latest payslips.
NOTE:
I would recommend waiting at least 3 months (3 payslips). And in your later you can state you'd stop taking employment benefit 3 months ago.
IMPORTANT:
It should be very important to state why you've been taking
employment benefit. For example, I was made redundant on the 3rd of july 2008 to NO FAULT OF OWN and applied to employment benefit to help out while I looked for employment elsewhere...And then say that your situation has changed you are now employed by xyz for the last 4 months and you've included 3 payslips for the last 3 months etc...

If you still want to be irish (get an irish passport), I would recommend that you fight hard to get a job here in Ireland (even something with a low salary to get you pass the citizenship and see after that).

Get out of employment benefit as soon as you have a job and above all DON'T LIE, just tell the truth as you know it.

Nana

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:

If you are working
NOTE:

Nana
Hi Nanette,
I did all the above when INIS asked for Additional Docs 6 months ago. When i asked for status on Phone, they said they're waiting for Gardai vetting report. how long do you reckon this would take? i lived at 4 addresses all in South Dublin but the Gardai report is taking forever. Prospective teachers get theirs' in 3 weeks :twisted: INIS insist that's the only report required. I've given up hopes of getting it this year..

HOTSPURS,
the request for Garda checks on you is treated as a customer. So you are a customer to the Garda via INIS. They will treat your case quickly as well....Be patient and keep calling them at least twice a week.

After my docs were requested on feb 2009, I got the citizenship in Novem 2009 and I also had multiple addresses (including Cork). So that took roughly 8-9 months after the additional docs.

Be patient you are very close. Don't drink and drive and don't get police attention. Keep working has they might ask for the latest Payslips before sending it to minister (the government needs money right now).

Nana

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 am

Hello

I have applied in June 2007, never been asked for additional documents. Working since arrived in this country (2001). I have written to INIS couple of time for update. Earlier this year they replied as usual and "waiting for reply from an outside agency". Last month enquire again and got reply "No decision has be reached in your case, will inform you as soon a decision"

Its now 41 months are gone since i applied and still waiting.

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:02 am

southdubliner wrote:no news friends....applied in March 2007...no word whatsoever...
I was thinking my application is delayed but i feel there are lot of people waiting even longer. I dont know how this INIS is working but seems they are not fair with people in Q. looks like its kind of a lucky draw...

I have LTR since 2006 and applied in June 2007 but mate you are senior then me.... :cry:

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm

...hi all....i'm new here- i've applied for naturalization during 2009- got a ref. nr. in June '09- how long does it take to process ? I've got LTR until end of 2014, tanx.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Latan wrote:...hi all....i'm new here- i've applied for naturalization during 2009- got a ref. nr. in June '09- how long does it take to process ? I've got LTR until end of 2014, tanx.
26 months

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... sing_Times

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:10 pm

...tanx ACEFORM- does that INCLUDE further processing-time, taking the oath, payment, the issue of the certificate...and finally the passport ? That means i've got 10 months to go !! Happy dayz indeed !! :D

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Latan wrote:...tanx ACEFORM- does that INCLUDE further processing-time, taking the oath, payment, the issue of the certificate...and finally the passport ? That means i've got 10 months to go !! Happy dayz indeed !! :D
I am sorry to be a party pooper but no Latan it doesn't :lol: . From application to decision would not mean oath/fees payment/passport it only means after making an application and getting ref no. it will take 26 months to reach a decision. :cry: And 26 months is just say on the citizenship poster...its actually way more than that in good few cases here.

Latan

Post by Latan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 pm

....oh well- reminds me of National Service back home....."hurry up and wait !! " Thank you all for info, anyway i'm good 'till oct.' 2014...

aya101

Post by aya101 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:09 pm

nanette wrote:
aya101 wrote:

is not very clear.

Questions for you Aya101

1. When did you apply ?

Nana

i have posted about this before ----> The attitude man...You are not polite. We are here to help and be nice. I am starting to wonder what did you write in those emails to INIS.

It is always good to give an introduction about yourself for every post to put out there....no one will go thru yoour history of posting.

Did you reply or just update your existing file?
This what I would do if I was you:

INIS does not respond to emails...Use the phone to contact them OR better send them a register post letter.

NOTE:
If you are a student on your own, it is going to be very difficult for them to accept you. But you should not stop from trying.

The reason to this is that, you will need 5 years residency in Ireland (stamps on your passport should show that) and student time DOES NO COUNT.

Good luck.
nana
i have read your reply and Im very disappointed in what you have taught of me,first I have tried to give all the details and im going to give them again.
i applied on the 14th of october ,i needed to do a birth affiidivit.I havent worked before.I lived in ireland for 10 years and im 18 years old living with my parents and siblings.I tried post and Im still waiting for a reply as Im studying on tuesday and thursdays from 9 to 4.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:53 pm

aya101 wrote:i applied on the 14th of october ,i needed to do a birth affiidivit.I havent worked before.I lived in ireland for 10 years and im 18 years old living with my parents and siblings.I tried post and Im still waiting for a reply as Im studying on tuesday and thursdays from 9 to 4.
If you are 18 then you are not a minor applicant and are classed as normal applicant (normal applicant wait is 26 months). If as you said that you have sent your docs into them and the final piece of jigsaw was your birth cert then you should receive a reply from the department soon regarding an application number (unless you are missing something again for which they will return your app). Patience is a virtue :!: (i dont have much of it meself).

If you are unsure and want an update on your app...don't email to the department, they simply don't reply to emails. IT/technology that is so last decade as far as INIS concerned :wink: . Good old letter is the only form of effective communication with INIS and infact with any Public services department and as nanette said "register it".

Becoming Irish
Newly Registered

Post by Becoming Irish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am

fatty patty wrote:
aya101 wrote:i applied on the 14th of october ,i needed to do a birth affiidivit.I havent worked before.I lived in ireland for 10 years and im 18 years old living with my parents and siblings.I tried post and Im still waiting for a reply as Im studying on tuesday and thursdays from 9 to 4.
If you are 18 then you are not a minor applicant and are classed as normal applicant (normal applicant wait is 26 months). If as you said that you have sent your docs into them and the final piece of jigsaw was your birth cert then you should receive a reply from the department soon regarding an application number (unless you are missing something again for which they will return your app). Patience is a virtue :!: (i dont have much of it meself).

If you are unsure and want an update on your app...don't email to the department, they simply don't reply to emails. IT/technology that is so last decade as far as INIS concerned :wink: . Good old letter is the only form of effective communication with INIS and infact with any Public services department and as nanette said "register it".
This is true and fair advise. I can also confirm that INIS dont reply emails. I did send them few earlier but never had a reply. Best way to contact them is over phone (if you are lucky to get through) or write them but again you will not going to get a proper answer/reply but formal wordings.