ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - Past Earning Points?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanji
Newly Registered

URGENT - Past Earning Points?

Post by nanji » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:10 am

Dear all,

I am a student of MS in Paris, France. I am a Paksitani national. Before that I have more than 3 years of high level experience. I quit my job in April 2003 for coming to france in June 2003. I was a full time student in the french language course from April 2003 to Septemeber 2003 (From July to September the course was in France, I have all the proof i.e. certificates etc. with dates of both the language courses). After that my masters session started in sep 2003. Now its more than a year that I have been a full time student (including the french language course and everything). But in general it is supposed to be a one year masters degree finishing in sep 2004.

I can prove that my earning power from April 2002 to April 2003 surpasses 5000 GBP.

Now the problem is that since according to the FAQ in the Guideline leaflet:

23.3 Q: I have been studying for the past year, and cannot show earnings for that period. Will my salary before studying be taken into account?
A: Where you have been a full time student in the last 12 months, we will count your earnings for the 12 months immediately prior to you becoming a student.
Am I eligible for the past earnings section or not? If I don't consider my past earnings I have 55 points.

In my case, will my earning power be considered or not? I would really appreciate an answer from one of the expert moderators.

One more thing is that does an experience of industrial work placement in a multinational company for a masters degree count towards graduate level work experience. I am not being paid a full salary its just a stipend in order to support you to live.

I would really appreciate an early answer. Thanks in advance!!

Nanji

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:35 pm

nanji wrote:Am I eligible for the past earnings section or not? If I don't consider my past earnings I have 55 points. In my case, will my earning power be considered or not? I would really appreciate an answer from one of the expert moderators.
Yes - HSMP Team will review your earnings pre-course start.
nanji wrote:One more thing is that does an experience of industrial work placement in a multinational company for a masters degree count towards graduate level work experience. I am not being paid a full salary its just a stipend in order to support you to live.
It will be considered if you can show via documentation from the employer that the role is noramlly carried out by a graduate. Based on my personal experiences reputable MNC's usually place interns in positions akin to graduate roles so it looks hopeful. However it must make up a full year component in the work experience matrix either on its own or when added up with prior work experience.

nanji
Newly Registered

Post by nanji » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:04 am

Thanks Kaya for replying so quickly! I really appreciate!

Now my almost all the docs are ready and I might be applying in the next two weeks. Just waiting for the translations to arrive!

nanji