ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Visa Stamping while in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kibria

HSMP Visa Stamping while in UK

Post by Kibria » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:22 pm

Hi

I have a UK work permit and I would be coming to UK on that. Beffore coming I want to apply for HSMP here inPakistan.

My questionis that when my HSMP is approved do I have to come back for HSMP visa stamping?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:08 pm

You can switch in country if you are on a work permit.

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:05 am

Thank you MWazir for the quick reply.

I will be coming to UK to search for new job while on work permit of the current company. My current employer has kindly agreed not to cancel my work permit untill I get a new sponsor.

So, will it matter to HOme Office that the person is not on payroll of the company when my HSMP gets approved back n Pakistan

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:13 am

Kibria wrote:
I will be coming to UK to search for new job while on work permit of the current company. My current employer has kindly agreed not to cancel my work permit untill I get a new sponsor.
Isn't that illegal ?
Kibria wrote:So, will it matter to HOme Office that the person is not on payroll of the company when my HSMP gets approved back n Pakistan
How will you show your last 12 months earning?

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Its not illegal beacuse I have a valid work permit. I was transferred overseas for an assignment and my past 12 months earnings are of Pakistan (i.e. my salary was being paid in Pakistan while here)

Now I am returning back to the company in UK. I have necessary documentation to prove the transfer between the offices. (however if you have further information share please let me know about it)

While filing the application since I have spent 12 months here therefore I will show PK earnings.

My concern was that if HSMP gets stamped then will the work permit be changed to HSMP visa in UK or I have to go back to the country.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:53 pm

Kibria wrote:Its not illegal beacuse I have a valid work permit. I was transferred overseas for an assignment and my past 12 months earnings are of Pakistan (i.e. my salary was being paid in Pakistan while here)
Are you going to work for the same company over here in the uk?
Kibria wrote:My current employer has kindly agreed not to cancel my work permit untill I get a new sponsor.
because your above statment is contradicting

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:29 pm

Kibria,

Its firstly wrong for your employer to continue with your work permit even though they have no intention of currently employing you. The Home Office states that they must be informed when the employee is no longer working. If they find out they will promptly cancel your work permit while being very tough on your company over issuing future work permit visas.

Unfortunatly its unlikely that they will come to know and this system is often abused especially where the company has overseas branches. They get intra-company transfers done and pay a pittance back home and avoid paying taxes in this country. They continue with work permit visa with a tacit understading with the employee where the employee wants to work else where.

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:58 pm

Thank you olisun, MWazir for pouring the details

I will check on this first thing.