ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefit how often they pay?was my CHB backdated?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boloney

child benefit how often they pay?was my CHB backdated?

Post by boloney » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:05 pm

My daughter was born on 02/09/2010, she was registered 28/09/2010, after that I send Child Benefit form with Birth Certificate. They send us another 4 forms to fill up about week after, we had some trouble with them because they been asking stupid questions about our Polish tax reference numbers, they where difficult to find them, so that took us about week to return the forms. I did`t hear anything about the claim since them, today I checked my account on-line and found payment made to me `Counter Credit CHB BGC` for 101.50 GBP, so after 4 weeks claim was made they make payment for 5 weeks Child Benefit, could that be backdated or it is to date?if that is backdated when will I get money to date?Olivia is 8 weeks now, so they should make payment for about 160 GBP, but they pay only 101.50 GBP.
Anyone have any knowledge about this?
Thanks in advance.

Mariam79
Newly Registered

Post by Mariam79 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 am

Usually they backdate it automatically to the first Monday after your Baby was born

The money you recieved will be backdated and you should recieve regular payments every 4 weeks. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/childbenefit/chbcalc.htm here you can see when your next payment is due but you need your child benefit nr which you should get with the letter they send you. If you haven't recieved it yet, it should come soon

I had with both my children first the money in my account and then a few days later I recieved the letter

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Mariam79 wrote:Usually they backdate it automatically to the first Monday after your Baby was born

The money you recieved will be backdated and you should recieve regular payments every 4 weeks. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/childbenefit/chbcalc.htm here you can see when your next payment is due but you need your child benefit nr which you should get with the letter they send you. If you haven't recieved it yet, it should come soon

I had with both my children first the money in my account and then a few days later I recieved the letter
Thanks
Received letter today. Now everything is clear :)
how you said they paid from first monday after baby was born.
Thanks again :)