ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU immigration near impossible...

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dash_of_Salt
Newly Registered

Unfortunately...

Post by Dash_of_Salt » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm

Unfortunately allowing free travel from 2nd world countries would be impossible as it is their home countries which prevent that (2nd world implies communist or similar countries). Furthermore, citizens from 3rd world countries would be much less likely to provide something for the country they are trying to enter.

I don't think this is fair either, which is why I'm a huge advocate for foreign aid. We need to bring these 3rd world countries up to our standard of living.

ST701
Newly Registered

Post by ST701 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Dash_of_Salt wrote:Unfortunately allowing free travel from 2nd world countries would be impossible as it is their home countries which prevent that (2nd world implies communist or similar countries). Furthermore, citizens from 3rd world countries would be much less likely to provide something for the country they are trying to enter.

I don't think this is fair either, which is why I'm a huge advocate for foreign aid. We need to bring these 3rd world countries up to our standard of living.
Are you for real dude? I am not sure where all of your claims are coming from?
Dash_of_Salt wrote:I understand living in Europe is not a right, and I never claimed it was. It is a privilege, however it is an under-appreciated privilege and often the result of birth alone, something someone doesn't earn.
So what makes you a first world country citizen? Is it something you have earned through your hard work or is it the RESULT OF BIRTH ALONE?
Dash_of_Salt wrote:I'm also not considered what they would call "highly-skilled". I have a Bachelors degree in Film, but again, a job as a film critic or a small scale job in the film industry probably wouldn't cut it.
I am sure it is your hard work that makes you think its unfair on you that you don’t see possibility of migrating to EU. There are lots of people in the so called third world countries who can bring in much more than you can to any potential migrating countries.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:I intend to get out, and will do whatever I can.
your intentions are pretty clear so at least stick to what you say. And to be honest as MelC said on earlier there are lots of genuine people struggling with their visas because of creative and deserving people like you. Good luck.

lifeart

Post by lifeart » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:38 am

Forgive me for saying this, but Canada is NO walk in the park when it comes to immigration. It is just as difficult to get into Canad the it is to get into anywhere else.

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: Unfortunately...

Post by hunpak » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:47 am

Dash_of_Salt wrote:Unfortunately allowing free travel from 2nd world countries would be impossible as it is their home countries which prevent that (2nd world implies communist or similar countries). Furthermore, citizens from 3rd world countries would be much less likely to provide something for the country they are trying to enter.

How old are u mate? :lol:
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

Dash_of_Salt
Newly Registered

Post by Dash_of_Salt » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Are you for real dude? I am not sure where all of your claims are coming from?
My claims stem from history, when the terms were created the first world referred to the U.S and it's allies. Second world referred to Communist Russia and it's allies. Third world referred to those who were uninvolved at the time. These definitions have changed; thefirst world now involves free democracy, the second world involves countries who aren't solely democratic but who still have independant and powerful economies. Third world countries refer to those who have minor influence, or who suffer from lower standards of living than in the first two (on average)
So what makes you a first world country citizen? Is it something you have earned through your hard work or is it the RESULT OF BIRTH ALONE?
You completely failed to see my comparison. I'm not comparing first world country citizens with anything but others of the same group. Who are the most priveleged in regard to immigration/emmigration out of the first world? Obviously EU, which is the point I was making. I wasn't trying to say I wasn't born into it, I'm simply saying that you were born into even more. It becomes even more obvious now how unappreciative you are of it.
I am sure it is your hard work that makes you think its unfair on you that you don’t see possibility of migrating to EU. There are lots of people in the so called third world countries who can bring in much more than you can to any potential migrating countries.
You fail to see the basic differences between first and third world. There may be a percentage who can contribute from third world countries, but it's not even close to the prevalence of education and high standards of living in the first world. Plus, I know they'll probably bring in more than me and that's part of my critique. It should be possible to move to EU even if you're only average. Remember that many of your own citizens are probably much less qualified than others to work in their own countries as well.

On a final note, yes I am getting out and will do whatever I can. Obviously you didn't read the majority of this post as that was resolved. Even if it wasn't, whose fault would it be for driving me into this situation? Not mine! It's EU stiffs.

Oh, and my age was also stated really early on in this post... newbs.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 pm

All the first world nations already have a visa wavier agreement between
them, so you can travel for 3 months without hassle.

To extend this to longer resident rights could indeed benefit each
nations certainly economically, but every country, be it 1st, 2dn or 3rd
world all have xenophobia and beloved to overcome.
While it makes sense from an economic point of view, the politics
and local peoples would never accept it. That's the problem.

Dash_of_Salt
Newly Registered

It's true...

Post by Dash_of_Salt » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Definitely true. There is a xenophobic attitude throughout most of the world. However when I look to the EU it shows me things aren't that far off. I mean, they already abolished borders between many countries, and allow very free travel and work. This shows me open borders in many countries could be possible/tolerable.

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: Yes you did lol

Post by wunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:54 am

Dash_of_Salt wrote:majority are against immigration in some form
Correction: against illegal immigration.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:Most western EU nationals have the ability to live and work on pretty much every continent.
Not true.
If EU nationals want to live and work outside EU - they need to apply for same work permits / green cards as everyone else. It's only short-term travels that are free.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:Canada is very similar, with one exception, that being Europe.
Again, not true.
Same situation as with EU nationals.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:it is an under-appreciated privilege and often the result of birth alone, something someone doesn't earn
As other posters pointed out, your Canadian citizenship is also not earned - and clearly not appreciated.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:I simply believe there should be a chance for a citizen of another first world country to earn entry, not have it made impossible right at step one (the work permit)
But work permit is that chance - you just haven't earned it yet.

In any case, if you are thinking about being an illegal immigrant in UK - you should know following:
- you won't be able to work in your chosen field
- finding any job will be very hard, and most likely the only ones you will find will be low paid menial jobs
- you won't be able to legalize for 10-14 years, during which you could be caught and deported at any time (and as Canada is a first world country, you won't be able to apply for asylum/refuge to avoid deportation)

Dash_of_Salt
Newly Registered

hmm...

Post by Dash_of_Salt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:53 am

against illegal immigration
No, it's against immigration. In fact people have a higher chance of losing their legitimate job to a legal immigrant than an illegal one, and that seems to be the biggest concern.
Not true.
If EU nationals want to live and work outside EU - they need to apply for same work permits / green cards as everyone else. It's only short-term travels that are free.
Again, you fail to see my point. Let me say this another way. EU is the hardest continent to gain residence/citizenship in. Thus you have attained citizenship within the hardest continent from birth.
Again, not true.
Same situation as with EU nationals.
Damn, it's a lot easier to gain citizenship in a country like Canada or Australia than it is in the EU. Failure to see the same point as above.
As other posters pointed out, your Canadian citizenship is also not earned - and clearly not appreciated.
So you're just going to reverse what I've been saying? Nothing I've said has implied I don't appreciate my own citizenship. I am perfectly aware I got it by birth. I even mentioned the ridiculousness of the fact that after one phone call I've found out a grandfathers birth place was in England. Just because I find this idea of 'privelege' by birth ridiculous doesn't mean I don't appreciate what I've gained from that same privelege.

And I'm aware of the legal implications of trying to gain my citizenship illegally. If you read my post, you also would have realized I don't have to do it anymore :). I'm happy you took the time to catch up on it.

Oh, and...
But work permit is that chance - you just haven't earned it yet
Apparently I didn't have to earn it. This system is fundamentally flawed, admit it.

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: hmm...

Post by wunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 am

Dash_of_Salt wrote:No, it's against immigration. In fact people have a higher chance of losing their legitimate job to a legal immigrant than an illegal one, and that seems to be the biggest concern.
To be honest, I have no idea. I don't think there is some general sentiment about that: some people are against immigration in general, some - illegal immigration, and most don't really care.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:EU is the hardest continent to gain residence/citizenship in. Thus you have attained citizenship within the hardest continent from birth.
EU citizens do not just appear from nowhere, you know. They had parents who built their countries - and those parents surely would want their children to reap the results of their achievements, not some stranger from elsewhere.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:Damn, it's a lot easier to gain citizenship in a country like Canada or Australia than it is in the EU.
That's because Canada or Australia are underpopulated migrant countries and have a lot to gain from new arrivals. It is completely opposite situation to EU.
Dash_of_Salt wrote:If you read my post, you also would have realized I don't have to do it anymore :). I'm happy you took the time to catch up on it.
Well, your latest rant was written after your discovery! :wink:
Dash_of_Salt wrote:Apparently I didn't have to earn it. This system is fundamentally flawed, admit it.

I'm happy that you have found a legal way, good for you!

And I don't see system as "fundamentally flawed" - I came to EU under "work permit" myself and the system worked pretty good for me :wink:
(so yes, I earned my place here)

Dash_of_Salt
Newly Registered

Don't see it...

Post by Dash_of_Salt » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:19 am

I understand those who get work permits earn there stay, fair enough. What industry are you in? I'm an arts graduate, something in very low demand. My skills in my industry are equivalent to say, someone in information technologies or communications technologies. Regardless, this other candidate will have a much easier time finding themselves a job.

When you look at it in this light, it becomes based around luck. If you picked the right industry for post-secondary, you win. Unfortunately not many people are old enough to understand the implications of that decision down the road.

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: Don't see it...

Post by wunder » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 am

There is no luck in that at all - somehow most people are wise enough to select a good career for themselves (and in any case it is never too late to retrain/relearn). And in some EU countries (like UK) there are ways to get work permits that are not linked to particular industry - just to one's success in it.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Reciprocation

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 pm

Dash_of_Salt wrote:Canada has very leniant immigration terms. In fact, one need only prove he can support himself and he'll often find he ends up with a permanent residence.
I can tell that you have never tried to immigrate to Canada! I hope you do not apply the same level of critical skills to immigrating to Europe.

If you want to go to Europe, then go on a working holiday visa. Check it out. See if you really like it. And work to find a way to stay for longer...
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Re: Reciprocation

Post by Nimitta » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Dash_of_Salt wrote:Privelege? Canada has very leniant immigration terms. In fact, one need only prove he can support himself and he'll often find he ends up with a permanent residence.
Leniant? Not anymore, and it has been some time since the terms ceased to be such. What you said is true for some SELECTED occupations, and the list of those is shrinking, shrinking, shrinking...

My husband and I feel about the US and Canada just the same you feel about Europe. We've been there and we absolutely loved it. We do not like Europe that much, but even Candian immigration programs do not look promising in our case although we are fully capable of supporting ourselves and can prove it. Would not that be nice if citizens of two given countries could exchange citizenship! :-)