ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Computer science degeree matters?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cbe23_0071
Newly Registered

Does Computer science degeree matters?

Post by cbe23_0071 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi,

I am a mechanical engineering graduate working in the Software background for the past 6 years with a big MNC.

I am in data warehousing domain and in Ab initio tool. I also have 1 year work experience in DWH in UK too.

And I have applied for Tier 1 hoping for a good job over there. Will there be any hiccups in securing a job in UK with this state. does really they need only employees with software engineering degree. Please post your views on this.

Thanks in advance.

cbe23_0071
Newly Registered

Post by cbe23_0071 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Is this not the right question or not the right forum. I was basically on Tier 2 for 1 year through an indian company. As you guys might be in the recruitment team, you will be aware of the unstated requirements which the employers might expect. Pls help me to know more about what they expect about Qualification... KP and other senior members, pls shed some light on this.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:30 am

In my experience majority of employers in UK ignore the degree (except for the fact that you have some) and look only for relevant work experience.