ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA and non EEA for partner visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yuka
Newly Registered

EEA and non EEA for partner visa

Post by yuka » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:54 pm

my boyfriend (from Norway) and me ( from Japan) have been living
together more than 2 years now. my boyfried hasnt get resident permitt,
cause that is not necesarry. I'd like to get partner visa, however,
Home Office staff confuse me. I asked them over the phone 4 times.

3times they said,
I can apply partner visa for free with application form EEA2.

but , once they said.
my boyfriend has to get resident first for free, and I can apply for partner visa with paying £335.

my current visa expires in the end of June, may be there is not enough time my boyfriend get resident before applying partner visa.

if you are or were in similar situation, please advise me!!!!

Thank you

gaman

Post by gaman » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:14 am

Please look at this page and read the relevent topics and you will find all your answers.
You do not have to pay and you can apply for EEA family permit if you qualify.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:31 pm

gaman wrote:Please look at this page and read the relevent topics and you will find all your answers.
You do not have to pay and you can apply for EEA family permit if you qualify.

How long as the Norwegian partner been living in the UK? If more than 5 years, it may be advantageous for him to get Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and then sponsor for a spouse visa under normal UK rules.

yuka
Newly Registered

Post by yuka » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:38 am

Thanks for advice.

my boyfriend has been living in London for 4 years. Yeah, it would be great if he gets residence permit before partner visa.but , I'm worried he can get resident permit before my visa exipres if he apply resident permit now.

so I checked the webpage which gaman suggested, I understand we can apply for partner visa without his resident permit, right?(I'm not sure coz my English level...)

Please help!

happyfamily
Newly Registered

Post by happyfamily » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:29 pm

hello!

among what i know so far i don't think EEA's partner can apply for an EEA2.
you can check on this url
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... onals.html
it's said :
Under European Community law, your family includes:
.your husband or wife;
.your, or your husband's or wife's, children or grandchildren (if they are under 21 or, if they are over 21 and dependent on you); and
.dependent relatives, for example, your husband's or wife's parents and grandparents.
so could you let me know please if i'm right or wrong and i hope everything will be fine for yuka and her boyfriend.

[/url] http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... onals.html

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 pm

happyfamily, even if you are right now, you will certainly not be right as from 30th April ... merely 8 days time ... when new EEA/EU regulations come into force.

Reading those new regulations it will be clear that an unmarried partner will certainly be able to apply under EEA/EU legislation.
Yuka wrote:my boyfriend has been living in London for 4 years.
When is his five years up? If he is entitled to get a Permanent Residence sticker in his passport then you could indeed apply for an Unmarried Partner's Visa .... rather than applying under EEA/EU legislation.
John

sweet_dolly
Newly Registered

Post by sweet_dolly » Sat May 13, 2006 6:48 am

Dear all,

What's the difference between if the man apply ILR or only EU member? What's the adventage ILR get for applying spouser visa?

HRgirl
Newly Registered

Post by HRgirl » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Hi!

Can someone please re post the link as it no longer works.

I need to advise an EEA national on bringing his non-EEA wife to the UK and, as per usual, the search facility on the IND website is playing silly beggars....

:roll:

Thanks

x