ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIMIT ON TIER 1 VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FRISKYFRE
Newly Registered

LIMIT ON TIER 1 VISA

Post by FRISKYFRE » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:21 am

I have a tier 4 student visa and My graduation is on the 28th of Jan 2011, and my student visa expires Jan 31st 2010, I intended to apply for post study work visa, but I got a job in my country,now I have 2 questions:

1..Are there any limits to the post study work visa, (i.e) can I apply for it even when I know I might not use it because I am going back to my country,if I apply for it just incase I want to visit and I don't use it to work or stay in the uk, will I have problems when travelling to the uk on holidays with the visa,maybe for visit or something like that,

2..I intend to travel for christmas this year and I might be asked to go back when coming back to Uk for my graduation because my student visa expires soon, in a situation like this, what are my best options. help please as my visa is gradually running out.
thank you :? :?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: LIMIT ON TIER 1 VISA

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:18 am

FRISKYFRE wrote:can I apply for it even when I know I might not use it because I am going back to my country
You may.
FRISKYFRE wrote:if I apply for it just incase I want to visit and I don't use it to work or stay in the uk, will I have problems when travelling to the uk on holidays with the visa,maybe for visit or something like that,
If practice of "visiting" UK on Tier 1 (PSW) catches the eye of an immigration officer at port of entry, you may be denied entry under 321A(1). PBS is for allow visa national to live and work in the UK. For visiting the UK, there's visitor visa.
FRISKYFRE wrote:I intend to travel for christmas this year and I might be asked to go back when coming back to Uk for my graduation because my student visa expires soon, in a situation like this, what are my best options. help please as my visa is gradually running out.
Apply for visitor visa before (re)entering UK (to attend graduation). Return to home country before expiry of visit visa and apply for PSW from there (if you wish to).

regards

FRISKYFRE
Newly Registered

Post by FRISKYFRE » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:30 pm

thanks a lot.
I would like to know, what are the chances that i will get the visiting visa in my home country.

ajmal

Post by ajmal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:15 pm

FRISKYFRE wrote:thanks a lot.
I would like to know, what are the chances that i will get the visiting visa in my home country.

Proof of Job offer letter or Job in your home country and proof of your Graduation degree Ceremony.

You will easily get visit visa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:35 pm

FRISKYFRE wrote:what are the chances that i will get the visiting visa in my home country.
IMHO, if you fulfil the eligibility criteria and can provide documentary evidence as required there is no reason why you should not be granted a visa.

regards