ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ku
Newly Registered

Post by ku » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi ReadingMI

You are one of the luckiest applicant to receive ur ILR in a short time scale,may i ask what documents did you send with your ilr aplication,apart from life in the uk test certificate and passports,have you sent any other supporting docs? were you continuing your studies while ur application with ukba??

EMC2

Re: Information

Post by EMC2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:31 pm

syed ali wrote:
EMC2 wrote:
syed ali wrote:Hi Every one,
Today i hv got indefinite leave to remain in post after almost 16 weeks, Thanks God, Thank u guys as well to guide me all the way in this process.
Just to let you know my SAR file was showing application raise date is later than the expiry date for example at one occasion my visa was expiring 30th of October and Application raise date was 2nd of november and it happend three time in span of ten years and i was worried about that but now i am quite sure that Application raised date is the date when they start processing your application date not the date when they receive your application and i went to so many lawyers and they were not sure about it and asked around 1000 pounds just to send application so i decided to send by my self and promised my self if i will get indefinite i will donate 500 pounds and thanks God i got it today, guys i will be happy to assist any one of you if you need my help.
Hi SyedAli,

I have applied my ILR in september. Now I want to prepare my wife's application well in advance to avoid any further delay.

Please could your provide me the information to prepare spouse application?

My Solicotor told me that spouse requires Life in UK test certificate to go on spouse visa. Please could you clear this point?
Shame, most of these solicitors don't know the correct information.
I am trying my best to avoid their expenses services.
I am still waiting for my ILR decision.

Thanks in advance.
WS
HI EMC2,
I believe that u hv applied ur ILR under 10 years long residence and under this category ur dependants can not apply ILR with u unless ur wife has also spent 10 years lawfully in this country otherwise she has to apply for further leave to remain using FLR(M) as per SET(O) guidance as she is not applying for settlement yet so she doesn't need to pass life in uk at the moment. but u hv to provide some documents like bank statements and home office acknowledgement letter and some other documents from the required doc. list of FLR(M).
hope that will help if u hv any other question i ll try my best to answer
regards
syed
Hi SyedAli,

Thanks alot for the information.

Yes you are correct I have applied on 10 years basis. Can I apply her two years extension visa before my ILR decision? Also can I apply her visa using same day service if I recieve my ILR before december?

Please find the following list of supported documents.

1 Spouse Bank statements
2 My Bank Statements
3 Marriage certificate (English translated)
4 Acknowledgement letter from HO
5 Utility Bills
6 Pay Slips

Please let me know if I need more supporting documents for the application.

All your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
WS

EMC2

Post by EMC2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:33 pm

ReadingMI wrote:
EMC2 wrote:
Today i hv got indefinite leave to remain in post after almost 16 weeks, Thanks God, Thank u guys as well to guide me all the way in this process.
Just to let you know my SAR file was showing application raise date is later than the expiry date for example at one occasion my visa was expiring 30th of October and Application raise date was 2nd of november and it happend three time in span of ten years and i was worried about that but now i am quite sure that Application raised date is the date when they start processing your application date not the date when they receive your application and i went to so many lawyers and they were not sure about it and asked around 1000 pounds just to send application so i decided to send by my self and promised my self if i will get indefinite i will donate 500 pounds and thanks God i got it today, guys i will be happy to assist any one of you if you need my help.

Hi SyedAli,

I have applied my ILR in september. Now I want to prepare my wife's application well in advance to avoid any further delay.

My Solicotor told me that spouse requires Life in UK test certificate to go on spouse visa. Please could you clear this point?

Thanks in advance.
WS
Hi EMC2,

Syed is absolutely right. Among the other documents, your marriage certificate, kid's birth certificate with you and your wife's name in it if you have kids, acknowledgement letter from UKBA with cover letter explaining why you unable to submit your passport.
Hi ReadingM1,

Thanks for the reply. Please check my post quoting SyedAli.

Kind regards

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Has anyone received any more ILR's yet?

syed ali

Post by syed ali » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 pm

EMC2 wrote:
syed ali wrote:
EMC2 wrote:
Hi SyedAli,

Thanks in advance.
WS
HI EMC2,
I believe that u hv applied ur ILR under 10 years long residence and under this category ur dependants can not apply ILR with u unless ur wife has also spent 10 years lawfully in this country otherwise she has to apply for further leave to remain using FLR(M) as per SET(O) guidance as she is not applying for settlement yet so she doesn't need to pass life in uk at the moment. but u hv to provide some documents like bank statements and home office acknowledgement letter and some other documents from the required doc. list of FLR(M).
hope that will help if u hv any other question i ll try my best to answer
regards
syed
Hi SyedAli,

Thanks alot for the information.

Yes you are correct I have applied on 10 years basis. Can I apply her two years extension visa before my ILR decision? Also can I apply her visa using same day service if I recieve my ILR before december?

Please find the following list of supported documents.

1 Spouse Bank statements
2 My Bank Statements
3 Marriage certificate (English translated)
4 Acknowledgement letter from HO
5 Utility Bills
6 Pay Slips

Please let me know if I need more supporting documents for the application.

All your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

WS
Hi EMC2,
as per my information the answer to your questions are:

Can I apply her two years extension visa before my ILR decision?
yes you can

Also can I apply her visa using same day service if I recieve my ILR before december?
yes you can do that if u get an appointment for same day service before ur visa expires after getting ur ILR

and the documents listed r absolutely fine
hope that will help
regards,
syed

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:27 am

Do you have to be 18 or over to apply for the 10 year long residence?

Also, do you have to be over 18 to take the life in uk test?

koshur
Newly Registered

ILR+Lawyer?

Post by koshur » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi All

A friendly of mine recently said that he was told that a lot more applications for ILR these days are being turned down.

Is this correct or just scare mongoring?

He has been suggesting I get a lawyer to apply on my behalf, if I had the spare money I probably would.

Is it a good idea to get a lawyer or not necessarily?

Thank you

Koshur

michael08
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by michael08 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 am

does any one know the waiting times for 10 years stay?????
came in as a visitor, changed to dependant's visa then to student, then finally to wp holder.

application sent 26th august 2010
ack received 3rd september 2010

almost 10 weeks now, still waiting. why does this take so long!!1

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:04 pm

10 weeks?!!! Ive been waiting 7 months!!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Where is the justice?

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:19 pm

A friend of mine informed me just now that after waiting for his indefinite visa application since December 2010 more than 10 months, he finally lost his patience and rang home office today. Surprise surprise a lady told him that she cant give any details of the outcome i.e what is the status whether its with case worker or not . All you have to do is wait and HO will contact you.
He applied through Solicitors and they are not doing much, they just email HO every 2 weeks and HO dont send them any reply.

He was so frustrated and was telling me this is against human rights as he feels like being locked up in prison and cant go anywhere. What shall he do any advise before this poor guy goes completely insane

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:46 pm

i agree, this is torture. i cant go anywhere.. i cant go back to visit my family. its a hopeless situation right now. God help us

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Any suggestions please, as keeping quiet will not help the applicants who are waiting. there should be a proper way of contacting HO and they should be able to give straight answers rather than just to get rid of the callers always saying we will let you know.
In my friends case it has now 10 months (40 weeks ) but no update. he is so upset

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:13 pm

if any one has any suggestions please let us know. as i said before.. calling will not help at all. I have asked my lawyer to write to them today requesting a detailed feedback on where my application is at right now

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:21 pm

my friend's lawyers have been emailing HO every 2 weeks but no reply from them, my friend only managed to get them on the phone today after trying almost every day. but that was waste of time as you all know their answer he was almost begging them for the answer but no joy

ku
Newly Registered

Post by ku » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 pm

i think the only thing that we can do is patiently wait and wait and wait till you hear from them,
i've only posted my application 3 weeks back and honestly do not know how long it will take may be ive to wait months and months,
i know how stressful this long wait is,but what we all can do,nothing,ive being following this forum for the past few months and i remember one person said it would be really better to write to ukba rather calling,i mean by post,may be there is a chance that they will reply you,
on the otherhand by reading syed ali's and readingm1, posts they have received their passports in few weeks timescale,so may be its a good news for everyone of us that ukba is speeding up their processing times,
at least its a little hope,

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:14 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Any suggestions please, as keeping quiet will not help the applicants who are waiting. there should be a proper way of contacting HO and they should be able to give straight answers rather than just to get rid of the callers always saying we will let you know.
In my friends case it has now 10 months (40 weeks ) but no update. he is so upset
this is a record. 40 weeks waiting!!!

I think it all depends with individual cases as some guys are getting replies within few weeks of late

doctordoctor
Newly Registered

GOT MY ILR. THANK GOD

Post by doctordoctor » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Guys,
Praise God. I got my ILR today. Applied under long residence rule as a 10 year student. Didnt use a lawyer. Posted Application at the end of August 2010. Waited roughly 10 weeks. To those of you still waiting, I pray you get your ILR very soon.
Peace and out
Me

juniorr

Post by juniorr » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 am

Hi Guys

does PSW count for 10 years ILR....i'm almost 8 years in UK as a student. planing to apply for PSW to cover my 2 years. i would appriciated any inputs

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:03 pm

juniorr wrote:does PSW count for 10 years ILR
Yes.

regards

sasam
Newly Registered

Post by sasam » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone was updating the received/waiting for list.

Also does anyone has any idea of the longest wait anyone endured for ILR on ten year application.

sasam
Newly Registered

Re: GOT MY ILR. THANK GOD

Post by sasam » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:38 pm

doctordoctor wrote:Hi Guys,
Praise God. I got my ILR today. Applied under long residence rule as a 10 year student. Didnt use a lawyer. Posted Application at the end of August 2010. Waited roughly 10 weeks. To those of you still waiting, I pray you get your ILR very soon.
Peace and out
Me
Congratulations, that is very quick. I sent my application on 09/Feb/2010. It is now 37.5 weeks.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:38 am

Hi sasam, I have been waiting since April 1st. Not sure how many weeks its been... ive lost count. Have you done anything to chase your application? Have you tried writing to them? Also have you gone through a lawyer or by yourself?

Im going crazy from waiting. :x

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:51 am

Dear members,

As you might have seen in my previous posts that a friend of mine has now been waiting for more than 10 months ( 40-41 weeks ) now 10 years student.

when he called HO they said that he has to wait and see, his solicitors wrote HO but no reply.

He had plans to go back home and get married but all ruined poor guy, i wish he gets his passport back and all of you who are waiting for their passports so you can get on with your lives.
Good luck

faismala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ALLAH O AKBER THANKS TO ALLAH I GOT MY ILR!

Post by faismala » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I received my passports back from the UKBA today 01/11/2010. The ILR was stamped in Liverpool on 27/10/10. This is the timeline.

Application Type: ILR (10 Years Long Residence,STUDENT )
Application Posted: 29/03/2010
Passport stamped: LIVERPOOL, 27/10/2010
Passports,life in uk cert received: today 01/11/10.

TOTAL WAITING TIME: PRECISELY 31 WEEKS TODAY. Yes! It’s been the longest wait of my life...but it’s well worth it. Thanks a million to everyone here for the support.
NB: Zeddie, I hope yours arrive soon, INSHALLAH,you r next in line.
Guys plz! wait patiently ur prayer will be answered very soon. INSHALLAH

sasam
Newly Registered

Post by sasam » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Zeddie,

I have telephoned them many times ( I have lost count now). But as you know they have a standard reply to telephone calls about progress of application. "There is no decision on your application yet, UKBA will contact you once there is a decision". They do not discuss anything further. I don't think that calling or writing makes any difference. The only reason I call them once a week is to make sure that in case they send my documents back, these documents don't get lost in post.