ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emergency consideration for CoS quota increase

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gadro
Newly Registered

Emergency consideration for CoS quota increase

Post by Gadro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi everyone

My work permit LTR expires at the very start of Nov. I have a T2 application ready to go but I am missing the CoS number.

My employer is a branch of a bigger company. It turned out that only the parent company had a sponsor licence so the branch had to be merged onto the parent's licence. The problem is this seemingly "easy" part of the process took 6 weeks and was threatening to take longer if it wasn't for a very frustrated letter from our boss to the BA.

So finally, now the companies have merged onto one licence and an application can be made to increase CoS allocation based on my circumstances.

But I am acutely aware that a panel reviews this at the start of every month ... so it would not be reviewed until after my current LTD expires. Making my T2 application fail.

I really need some advice or help on what we can do.

Is there some way to expedite a request for CoS quota increase in an emergency situation such as this?

Am I able to submit the T2 application with additional information regarding this scenario and a copy of the pending CoS allocation request?

Any and all help would be appreciated!!!

Gadro
Newly Registered

Post by Gadro » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Bump!! Help!! :)

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 am

I have same problem and my employer tried to push the immigration for making an urgent decision through the local MP. Immigration panel refused my employer request and asked to wait for the panel meeting on Nov 1st which is today. My psw expires on 7th Nov and am waiting for the panels decision, I should hear some thing before 5th Nov and hope fully should be able to apply before 7th. I am really worried about my situation.

Please update your status.

Thanks
Pavan

pokale2600

Post by pokale2600 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Hey pavan,

This might not be a good news for you then

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#424388

UKBA is officially messed up

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:11 pm

My advice would be: do not let your current status expire; lodge an application for further leave and make it very clear to the UKBA that your CoS number is being held up due to the long time the UKBA in Sheffield is currently taking to process changes to sponsor licences and CoS quotas. As soon as you get the CoS number you contact them and tell them - hopefully they will sit on your application long enough for you to do this. Many people are in the same situation - it's a total mess of the UKBA's making. Soon it will probably be in the press and only then will it get some action....................

pavan_thampi
Newly Registered

Post by pavan_thampi » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks Mate,

Please advice me on how to proceed with my leave extension, did u mean to apply for tier 2 with out cos no.

Please reply

Thanks
Pavan.

roadkill1979
Newly Registered

Post by roadkill1979 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:52 pm

pavan_thampi wrote:Thanks Mate,

Please advice me on how to proceed with my leave extension, did u mean to apply for tier 2 with out cos no.

Please reply

Thanks
Pavan.
Can you update on your case please ?

what did you do?