ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi Peeps, something interesting I came across for those that have not read it, If you have time please follow link below and read the report, has example cases, what went wrong, poor customer service, fraud, visas that should have been issued, not issued, vise versa. They did a full investigation from start to finish. Hopefully more Visas should be issued.

Please read report in below mentioned link recently published in July 2010 regarding An inspection of the UK Visa Section: Pakistan settlement applications. This report is comprehensive, they inspected each & every thing in detailed. Hopefully, will have positive impact on settlement visas.

Independent Chief Inspector publishes report on the UK Visa Section: Pakistan settlement applications
Calendar July 26, 2010 | Posted by admin

A report published today by the Independent Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency represents the poorest performance seen in a UK Border Agency business area to date.

The report “An inspection of the UK Visa Section: Pakistan settlement applicationsâ€
Last edited by K44MYY on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:45 pm

quote="sensazn"]

thanx k44my just sent them the email

'UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk'

All the best[/quote][/quote]

Salaam Sensazn, You should receive an email in the morning. Let us know what they say.

All the best
K44MYY

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:52 am

K44MYY wrote:Hi Peeps, something interesting I came across for those that have not read it, If you have time please follow link below and read the report, has example cases, what went wrong, poor customer service, fraud, visas that should have been issued, not issued, vise versa. They did a full investigation from start to finish. Hopefully more Visas should be issued.

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/w ... ations.pdf
Hi Kammy

I remember reading this report just after i had applied for my husband's Visa and you are right there are some very interesting facts. I still don't think the level of customer service has improved but maybe this will eventually lol , but it is interesing to know all the facts and findings and will hopefully have a positive impact on genuine cases.

Have you heard anything on your application?
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 am

Wel i havnt heard anythn :(

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:59 am

shazaz wrote:Wel i havnt heard anythn :(
aw i don't understand why they take soo long once application has been processed! Have you emailed them again, chasing it up? How many weeks has it been now?

z4ydi

first child passport over seas

Post by z4ydi » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:24 am

I have not been on the form for quite a while, though I might be a bit off the topic but it is still a combination of spouse visa and a child being born before visa being granted.
Background:
I am a British Citizen currently living in the UK, my wife is an Afghan national; she applied for a UK Spouse visa on the basis of marriage to join me in the UK, her visa was refused on some silly grounds and we have laudged an appeal around 3 months ago. Our first child will be born in Afghanistan in December and ofcourse my child will be British by descend. I am in a bit of a dilemma because the birth of our child being so close, it is very highly likely that my wife will get her visa after the birth. To ensure that I submit my child’s British passport application in Pakistan through BHC in Kabul Afghanistan (BHC in Kabul does not provide passport services) soon father his birth I have been draft-filling the C2 FROM so that all supporting documentations and information needed can be obtained in timely manner, I came accross the the following problems:
The C2 FORM says that mother should hand in her passport and parents should hand in marriage and divorce certificates as I said my wife's UK Spouse visa is undergoing an appeal process with the UKBA, and ofcourse my wife has to have her passport handy - as soon as the decision is made she must hand-in her passport for getting her visa stamped, and failing to submit her passport on the appointed date by the UKBA will mean a real issue and a long going legal battle again. So the question once again is: Can my wife submit a colour photocopy of her passport instead of the original copy? correct me if I am wrong - I think the guide says to submit (parent passports, Divorce certificate, marriage cert) as riginal?. On the same note if my wife waits for her visa to be stamped and after obtaining her passport she must enter the UK within 3 months from the time which the visa is issued; if she leaves her child in Afghanistan as a desperate measure and comes to the UK and then go back to Afghanistan to apply for our child's passport we will be faced with another dilemma that is: she can not stay more than 90 days outside the UK on a spouse visa whereas it takes 7-8 months for child's passport to be processed > I will be grateful if you could communicate the problem with the relevant departments and your counterparts in Pakistan and provide me with a solution to this dilemma.

Please advice

Thanks

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am

Zahida wrote:
K44MYY wrote:Hi Peeps, something interesting I came across for those that have not read it, If you have time please follow link below and read the report, has example cases, what went wrong, poor customer service, fraud, visas that should have been issued, not issued, vise versa. They did a full investigation from start to finish. Hopefully more Visas should be issued.

Hi Kammy

I remember reading this report just after i had applied for my husband's Visa and you are right there are some very interesting facts. I still don't think the level of customer service has improved but maybe this will eventually lol , but it is interesing to know all the facts and findings and will hopefully have a positive impact on genuine cases.

Hmmm very interesting to read, gives you ins and outs of what goes on, procedure wise etc. They are so not trained on anything and just do what they feel like, was so shocked on the examples cases they looked at. People sending emails after emails just to find out where there passport it.
It mentions the generic emails sent out, and when they give you a proper answer after you have elapsed the 12th week.

No I have not heard anything hoping this week.

Please pray for me and everyone else.

Allah Hafiz
K44MYY

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

K44MYY wrote:
Zahida wrote:

Hi Kammy

No I have not heard anything hoping this week.

Please pray for me and everyone else.

Allah Hafiz
Of course I will pray for you and everyone waiting coz i know exactly what you are all going through. It's just such a shame that after paying so much money, you'd think they could be more helpful! :?

Inshallah it will be good news :)

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Zahida wrote:
aw i don't understand why they take soo long once application has been processed! Have you emailed them again, chasing it up? How many weeks has it been now?

I knw its making me more worried bcz of the fonecall..i hav emailed them they sed vac will contact u, also emaile lahore vac, but no reply

15 weeks tomrw..reali hope its this week..

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:21 pm

shazaz wrote:
Zahida wrote:

I knw its making me more worried bcz of the fonecall..i hav emailed them they sed vac will contact u, also emaile lahore vac, but no reply

15 weeks tomrw..reali hope its this week..
I hope it is this week for you to hun, the wait is just so unbearable. I pray that it is good news inshallah for you and everyone waiting :)

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:47 pm

hey everyone

just an update, my 12 weeks are up to day so i emailed them stating that i need an update on the case and not a genric replay as its no use to me. They didnt email back yet

But the bhc just rang me at my employer and i picked the phone. I spoke to the person told him the main boss was on holiday and the other person incharge was out for a meeting. Hs asked me the other person name and said he will call back later.

He also asked me the following questions:

my job title
date i started job
my NIC no
if my jobs fulltime
contract type
Hours i work weekly
my gross wage
my net wage
payment method
if the employer or anyone there is related to me

i am worried now , i think i confused him in regards to the wage question cuz he asked my wage so i asked him if he wanted to know the gross or net. He said both i told him gross but in reagrds to net since it changes slightly i started to explain to him that we use the accounting software so it changes slightly . He seemed confused . I think i should have kept it short and no go into details.

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 pm

zeddy zed wrote:hey everyone

just an update, my 12 weeks are up to day so i emailed them stating that i need an update on the case and not a genric replay as its no use to me. They didnt email back yet

But the bhc just rang me at my employer and i picked the phone. I spoke to the person told him the main boss was on holiday and the other person incharge was out for a meeting. Hs asked me the other person name and said he will call back later.

my job title
date i started job
my NIC no
if my jobs fulltime
contract type
Hours i work weekly
my gross wage
my net wage
payment method

i am worried now , i think i confused him in regards to the wage question cuz he asked my wage so i asked him if he wanted to know the gross or net. He said both i told him gross but in reagrds to net since it changes slightly i started to explain to him that we use the accounting software so it changes slightly . He seemed confused . I think i should have kept it short and no go into details.
Hi zeddy zed

Inshallah it shouldn't be much of a problem coz all they really need to check is the info provided on wage slips, p60 and employer letter matches to what you have told them. If they need further info or just need to check up on what you have told them they will call back. Don't worry inshallah it will be ok and decision should be made very soon :)

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Zahida wrote:

my job title
date i started job
my NIC no
if my jobs fulltime
contract type
Hours i work weekly
my gross wage
my net wage
payment method

Hi zeddy zed

Inshallah it shouldn't be much of a problem coz all they really need to check is the info provided on wage slips, p60 and employer letter matches to what you have told them. If they need further info or just need to check up on what you have told them they will call back. Don't worry inshallah it will be ok and decision should be made very soon :)

thank u sister

inshallah should hear somthing soon now. hopfully witin the next 2 weeks :)

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:33 pm

zeddy zed wrote:
Zahida wrote:

my job title
date i started job
my NIC no
if my jobs fulltime
contract type
Hours i work weekly
my gross wage
my net wage
payment method

Hi zeddy zed

thank u sister

inshallah should hear somthing soon now. hopfully witin the next 2 weeks :)
when did your wife apply the visa ?

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 pm

applied on the 9/8/2010

Ahmad2010
Newly Registered

Re: first child passport over seas

Post by Ahmad2010 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:28 pm

z4ydi wrote:I have not been on the form for quite a while, though I might be a bit off the topic but it is still a combination of spouse visa and a child being born before visa being granted.
Background:
I am a British Citizen currently living in the UK, my wife is an Afghan national; she applied for a UK Spouse visa on the basis of marriage to join me in the UK, her visa was refused on some silly grounds and we have laudged an appeal around 3 months ago. Our first child will be born in Afghanistan in December and ofcourse my child will be British by descend. I am in a bit of a dilemma because the birth of our child being so close, it is very highly likely that my wife will get her visa after the birth. To ensure that I submit my child’s British passport application in Pakistan through BHC in Kabul Afghanistan (BHC in Kabul does not provide passport services) soon father his birth I have been draft-filling the C2 FROM so that all supporting documentations and information needed can be obtained in timely manner, I came accross the the following problems:
The C2 FORM says that mother should hand in her passport and parents should hand in marriage and divorce certificates as I said my wife's UK Spouse visa is undergoing an appeal process with the UKBA, and ofcourse my wife has to have her passport handy - as soon as the decision is made she must hand-in her passport for getting her visa stamped, and failing to submit her passport on the appointed date by the UKBA will mean a real issue and a long going legal battle again. So the question once again is: Can my wife submit a colour photocopy of her passport instead of the original copy? correct me if I am wrong - I think the guide says to submit (parent passports, Divorce certificate, marriage cert) as riginal?. On the same note if my wife waits for her visa to be stamped and after obtaining her passport she must enter the UK within 3 months from the time which the visa is issued; if she leaves her child in Afghanistan as a desperate measure and comes to the UK and then go back to Afghanistan to apply for our child's passport we will be faced with another dilemma that is: she can not stay more than 90 days outside the UK on a spouse visa whereas it takes 7-8 months for child's passport to be processed > I will be grateful if you could communicate the problem with the relevant departments and your counterparts in Pakistan and provide me with a solution to this dilemma.

Please advice

Thanks
Hi,

It really depends on the reasons for her refusal, wheather to submit the child with mother application or apply for British passport.

Ahmad2010
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad2010 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 pm

zeddy zed wrote:applied on the 9/8/2010
Decision made today, but no employer contacted.

Ahmad2010
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad2010 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:32 pm

ishmail_baybars wrote:I am in UK 3 months on so far on Settlement Visa. I have long way to go to get ILR and wife has been made reduntant at work. Now we are struggling to pay rent and council tax. Anybody know if my wife can get any benefits that wont affect my immigration. My wife is British citizen by birth.
Please help.
She can apply for benefits but likely that it will affect your ILR.

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Ahmad2010 wrote:
ishmail_baybars wrote:I am in UK 3 months on so far on Settlement Visa. I have long way to go to get ILR and wife has been made reduntant at work. Now we are struggling to pay rent and council tax. Anybody know if my wife can get any benefits that wont affect my immigration. My wife is British citizen by birth.
Please help.
She can apply for benefits but likely that it will affect your ILR.
If she does apply within the 2 years it may affect your stay. The whole reason getting visa in the first place is that you don't access public funds. I know how hard it is for you, but never the less you do need to be careful. I would seek advice on the matter before you decide to take any steps.

All the best
K44MYY

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 pm

my wife submitted case on 06/08/10 and have not had employer contact yet....i emailed them on friday and got a reply back saying the its still under process...hmmm whats going on???
submitted at:islamabad vac
application date:06/08/10
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 pm

so does it mean that they are taking about 12 weeks time to start working on the file ????

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

sensazn wrote:

my wife submitted case on 06/08/10 and have not had employer contact yet....i emailed them on friday and got a reply back saying the its still under process...hmmm whats going on???
Well i am quite freshy as compare to you guys as my wife applied only three weeks ago.... :)

Is there anyone else who applied in october ??

khan786

Post by khan786 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:16 am

hoeny123 wrote:
sensazn wrote:

Well i am quite freshy as compare to you guys as my wife applied only three weeks ago.... :)

Yes i applied in october too.. wait is killing me.

Also if they contact employers how long after submitting application do they contact, because i want to start another job at end of year in january.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:15 pm

khan786 wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:
sensazn wrote:

Also if they contact employers how long after submitting application do they contact, because i want to start another job at end of year in january.
Khan, I note your application status from the correspondence and wondering how come your status got changed to visa under process so early.... I applied just over three weeks ago and it still says forwarded to islamabad oc....bit confused on whats going on :?

Also it seems like we are in the same boat as i too may have to change my employer by the start of next year and still don't know what to do....some fellows from this forum suggested to inform them through email about this change of employer....now don't know if it is right to do ??? whats your opinion on that ???

Regarding their contacting employer, according to my observation they tend to contact employers between 12th to 14th week....in most cases contacted in start of 13th week....now you can calculate when is this going to be in your case...
Last edited by hoeny123 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:58 pm

[quote="hoeny123"][quote="khan786"][quote="hoeny123"][quote="sensazn"][quote="zeddy zed"]applied on the 9/8/2010[/quote]

my wife submitted case on 06/08/10 and have not had employer contact yet....i emailed them on friday and got a reply back saying the its still under process...hmmm whats going on???[/quote]

Is there anyone else who applied in october ??[/quote]

Also if they contact employers how long after submitting application do they contact, because i want to start another job at end of year in january.[/quote]

Khan, I note your application status from the correspondence and wondering how come your status got changed to visa under process so early.... I applied just over three weeks ago and it still says forwarded to islamabad oc....bit confused on whats going on :?

Also it seems like we are in the same boat as i too may have to change my employer by the start of next year and still don't know what to do....some fellows from this forum suggested to inform them through email about this change of employer....now don't know if it is right to do ??? whats your opinion on that ???[/quote]

if you are going to change jobs within 12-16 weeks from your submitted application date then i would definitely notify them by sending to their croydon office new employment detail letters. Before doing that though I would email them to notify them and they should advise you what to do (i.e. send new emmployment details).

This is what I did and insha allah it should not be a problem