ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currently on Limited Leave to Remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Currently on Limited Leave to Remain

Post by SoConfused84 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Considering applying for an extension of this as I am having trouble with the Life in the UK test.

How do I go about applying for an extension of my limited leave to remain, and is this looked down upon by immigration?

Also! As soon as I have passed the life in the UK test, if I am on my limited extension can I THEN apply for my indefinite leave to remain, or do I have to wait till the two years is up on my extension of leave to remain?

THANKS.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Apply for FLR(M). After satisfying the KOL requirements, etc., apply for SET(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Currently on Limited Leave to Remain

Post by mochyn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 am

SoConfused84 wrote:Considering applying for an extension of this as I am having trouble with the Life in the UK test.

How do I go about applying for an extension of my limited leave to remain, and is this looked down upon by immigration?

Also! As soon as I have passed the life in the UK test, if I am on my limited extension can I THEN apply for my indefinite leave to remain, or do I have to wait till the two years is up on my extension of leave to remain?

THANKS.
Why are you having trouble with the Life in the UK test?

Are you studying the required study books?