ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting Visa Appeal Allowed - Change in circumstances

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Megan55
Newly Registered

Visiting Visa Appeal Allowed - Change in circumstances

Post by Megan55 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:53 am

My husband's visiting visa was refused back in May and we have finally heard that the judge has allowed the appeal.
The initial happiness and excitement of the ECO and ECM being shown to be wrong has worn off as we're now worried whether they will appeal and win the appeal as my husband's circumstances have since changed. At the time of applying for the visa my husband was a student, he has now graduated, and part (but not all) of the supporting evidence that he would return was that he needed to return by a certain time to complete his final exams. This time has now passed. The judge has stated other reasons being there to show his intention to return, but is it likely that with the delightful attitude that we've encountered so far from the ECO that they will appeal against the allowed appeal and then the refusal be upheld?

It would have been great if the ECO had actually done his job properly in the first place, as we were obviously entitled to the visa at the time we wanted it - it's a really infuriating situation.

Thanks for any replies,
Meg

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:54 pm

I wouldnt worry to much about it. Its very rare that this happens. If it does then normally its on legal technicality. If you have won your appeal, I am pretty confident the visa will be issued.

A word of warning though and that is the max your husband can stay is 6 months and must then return back to his native country. Dont try to get him to stay permamntly on a visitor visa in the UK,cos it wont work.

Megan55
Newly Registered

Post by Megan55 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Oh absolutely, we wouldn't risk anything that could stop us from being able to apply properly for the settlement visa, and this visiting visa was just for a week because he has a lot of loose ends to tie up back home.
And also once he's here he'll need to be helping with supporting me and my kids so staying for a long length of time on a visiting visa really wouldn't be beneficial for us as he wouldn't be able to work.

Thanks for your reply, it puts my mind at rest a lot to hear that.