ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

decentguy_uk

Citizenship application submitted

Post by decentguy_uk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi All

I have submitted my application for citizenship. Did this through my council who offered National Checking services. Paid £45 for this though but at least peace of mind.

Not sure about timelines yet but wanted to share 1 strange thing....

I converted from a permanent to a contractor in March. So as a proof of employment, I had to show my first quarter VAT return receipt. Guidelines suggests that I should submit proof of my annual return but as I have established Ltd company for only last 7 months, I cant submit VAT return.

Person who checked my application herself wasnt sure on what doc to submit.

Anyway, have submitted it. Lets see what is the outcome.

noodles

Post by noodles » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi mate,

Being a contractor myself, I would say you should have submitted past permanent worker docs which include p60s, pay slips etc dating as far back as is applicable to your situation, Umbrella company details if using one, Cert of Incorporation, MOA etc if you own your own ltd company, contract letter stating your daily or hourly rates, bank statements reflecting a monthly total of your daily or hourly rates etc. NCS are not aware of things like these and are mostly used to straight forward permanent worker docs like P60s and pay slips but as they've been able to send it off, the HO might ask you for more details if they're not satusfied with what you've sent.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:20 pm

So if I am applying for BC and I recently converted to Permanent but before then I worked as a contractor with my own company, what tax document am I required to submit please...will it be just for a year or covering the whole of the 5 years as we did when applying for ILR?

noodles

Post by noodles » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Iyanu Oluwa :-)

If you submitted your documents initially for ILR and you had Permanent status, the HO will already have copies of your documents in your profile so you only need let them know that your working condition has changed and provide them with your current employment letter, new pay slips, current employer and address etc but IMO, once you've acquired permanent status, working or not does not really matter but it will always go to your favour to show you're not currently a burden to the economy (makes your application safer)

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Many thanks Noodles for that... :) I will gather all the necessary payslips now, I will have to print off my payslips from the intranet as we don't get paper payslips