ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on costs/logictics Spouse Visa with Children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Clarification on costs/logictics Spouse Visa with Children

Post by DonRaul » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi

My wife is about to apply for a spouse visa in Brazil. She has 3 children (age 8, 13 and 14) whom I adopted in Brazil and we also want to take to the UK. Reading the documentation the VAF4 form includes section 7 which seems to apply for our children. However when I look at the Worldbridge Visa site they say:

You should submit 1 visa application for each individual applying for a visa, including children.

Can someone clarify what section 7 is for, if each of our children requires their own form?

Furthermore the site says we have to pay for each individual making an application. Does this really mean we have to pay 1825 Reais (thats £675) 4 times over??, or can the children be on my wifes aplication and fee?

Finally, is it really the case that all 4 of my family have to go and apply in person in order for their biometric data to be taken? This certainly seems the case, but seems so excessive in terms of cost that I would like to confirm it.

Thanks in advance,
Neil.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:35 pm

1. VAF4A, Section 7 - Same information, in each form, to be filled by an applicant under 18.
2. Every applicant needs to fill a separate form and pay the required fees.
3. Yes, unless you wish to opt for mobile biometrics service (GBP 130 per hour to GBP 939 max.).

regards

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Post by DonRaul » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am amazed anyone can afford to take their families to the UK. The cost is quite obscene.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't end there. Under current regulations the fee to apply for the obligatory Indefinate Leave (ILR) in 2 years time is £1095 and £154 for each child under the age of 18 at time of application. Fees are set to rise. British Citizenship...currently over £700.
When will you be submitting the application? New regulations requiring the applicant to pass a pre-entry English test will be implemented on the 29th November.

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Post by DonRaul » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Casa
This is without the costs of travelling to the location. My family is based 4 hours flight away from the centre in Rio. Thats 4 flights, 4 people in a hotel, and all for some fingerprints! It seems ridiculous. I will spend my first few months in England simply paying for the stamps in their passports.

We are trying to get the application in before th 29th to avoid the language test. I assume this is set as the date they receive the documents/form. I didnt see a place in Brazil for my wife to take any test, so I hope we can get it in asap.

cheers for the warning on future prices....
Neil.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:21 pm

As long as you can submit the application before the 29th you'll avoid the language test. I agree about the fees, they can be crippling.
You're OK with the financial side of the application? Income or savings etc to meet the weekly minimum for all of you?

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Post by DonRaul » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

yes I think so. Though we dont have too much in the bank, I have a very good job offer so I am guessing (hoping) that will see us through. Job begins 15th November so will be around the date of the application.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:01 pm

You don't necessarily need to show savings. ECO's like to see regular income or evidence of a confirmed job offer for ongoing employment. You'll need to show you have adequate accommodation on your family's arrival, which no doubt you've got covered.

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Post by DonRaul » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:58 pm

yes, I have drafted a letter from my parents along with the deeds etc, saying we can stay there. Its a large house so it shouldnt be a problem. By the time they arrive I will have rented a place anyways.

My only concern is the time we have spent apart. In the last 4 years we were apart for 2, and then together for one and then apart for another one. I have some flight tickets to show that we kept in contact,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:57 pm

When did you adopt your 3 children? This must count towards proof of ongoing relationship. You visited during the times living apart? (the flight tickets)? Photos during the visits? I know you have Skype for the most recent 6 months.
The ECO will be looking for evidence that you intend to live together in the UK as a family and that the marriage is genuine. I reckon you'll be able to demonstrate that don't you?

DonRaul
Newly Registered

Post by DonRaul » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:17 pm

we started the process in Jan 2009 and it was completed in Dec 09. all in brazil. we also bought a property together in brazil which is where we lived when we were together there.
we have photos from out visits and the flight tickets too, so I am not too concerned. It would take someone very cynical to not believe we are genuine, but you never know ah!

Many Thanks for your interest/advice. My only concern is really getting everything done before the 29th. I arrive back in the UK on 13th November and need to get all the copies certified and then sent to Brazil. Can we do the online application and biometrics bits now, and then send the documents/application as soon as they arrive in Brazil, or do these have to be done in conjunction/within a certain time of each other?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 pm

1. Submit form(s) and make the payment(s) online.
2. Make an appointment at the nearest visa application centre (Sao Paulo, Rio, Brasilia) to submit the paperwork and biometrics.

For details, check Worldbridge website.

regards