ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Agreement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Tenancy Agreement

Post by tvsgold » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi All,

I am Currently on Tier 1 Visa...I would be applying for my would be wifes visa next month & i took a new 1 bedroom flat...But the agency gave me the tenancy agreement printed on a A4 plain paper & not on his Letter head ...

1) Is this Tenancy agreement acepted by the British High Commision in India ? Or should i ask him to give the Tenancy agreement printed on his letter head only ??

2) Also on the Tenancy agreement he didnt mentioned the size of the Flat ..like there is no description like 1 Double bedroom & lounge open size Spam etc .....Should i Get him these details added ?

3) I got my spouse name added...on her Pre marriage Sirname....But she intends to change her Sirname post marriage ... So which Sirname should i ask the agency to put Pre marriage or post Marriage for my would be wife on the Tenancy agreement along with mine ??

Thanks
TVS

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Per my understanding, you don't need tenancy agreement for applying Tier 1 visa.

my suggestion would be not to confuse the case officer with extra documents. Just submit what is necessary.
That's just my opinion.

manojk005

Re: Tenancy Agreement

Post by manojk005 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 pm

tvsgold wrote:Hi All,

I am Currently on Tier 1 Visa...I would be applying for my would be wifes visa next month & i took a new 1 bedroom flat...But the agency gave me the tenancy agreement printed on a A4 plain paper & not on his Letter head ...

1) Is this Tenancy agreement acepted by the British High Commision in India ? Or should i ask him to give the Tenancy agreement printed on his letter head only ??

2) Also on the Tenancy agreement he didnt mentioned the size of the Flat ..like there is no description like 1 Double bedroom & lounge open size Spam etc .....Should i Get him these details added ?

3) I got my spouse name added...on her Pre marriage Sirname....But she intends to change her Sirname post marriage ... So which Sirname should i ask the agency to put Pre marriage or post Marriage for my would be wife on the Tenancy agreement along with mine ??

Thanks
TVS
If you have got council tax bill then that would be sufficient.

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I apologize,
I thought you are applying for a fresh application. My bad !

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Post by tvsgold » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 pm

I m Applying for a Dependant Tier 1 Visa for my Would be wife.....!! So i have taken a new home just now.....I dont have any Council Tax bills or any other bills yet...as i would b moving to that flat in november end....So the only document i will have is Tenancy agreement...for the accomoation...& so i need to make it full proof document !!

Can the moderators reply pls to my original query ?

Many Thanks
Regards
TVS

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Get a tenancy agreement on your name only. You need not to have name of your wife on that.

The tenancy agreement should have standard details like no of bedrooms of flat, rent, deposit, address of landlord or managing agent and signatures at the end.

and get a a letter from estate agent confirming you are holding a flat from partiular date and confirming amount or holding deposit you have paid.

hope this helpsl

tvsgold
Newly Registered

Post by tvsgold » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:02 am

So it Doesnt matter to have the Tenancy agreement on the Estate Agents Letterhead , it Could be Printed with all the details mentioned above on a A4 Sheet as well ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

See also WHSmith tenancy agreement.

regards