ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:18 pm

just an update...my employer was contacted today, so am insha allah insha allah insha allah will hear soon allah jee will make it easy for me.
submitted at:islamabad vac
application date:06/08/10
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

Zahida

Post by Zahida » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:25 pm

sensazn wrote:just an update...my employer was contacted today, so am insha allah insha allah insha allah will hear soon allah jee will make it easy for me.
Inshallah you should hear some good news within the next 2 weeks :D
Submitted Mirpur: 25/06/2010
Under process at BHC: 16/07/2010
Decision Made: 06/09/2010
Ready for Collection: 14/10/2010
Passport collected = VISA: 15/10/2010

Henah

Post by Henah » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:00 pm

hi just an update.. my cousin who applied for visa on the 3rd of August was granted a visa for his wife yesterday! So hopefully the rest of us have not got long to wait now..

Inshallah all will be well
Visa Submitted: 16/08/2010 (Mirpur)
Online: Forwarded to Islamabad OC 16/08/2010
Status changed: Under Process at the British High Commission 27/08/10
No Employer contact
Ready for collection: 11/11/10
Visa Granted :) ALHUMDULILA

Henah

Post by Henah » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi sensazn... congrats inshallah it will be good news for!!

what did they ask ur employer and was it thru email or the fone?[/quote]
No Employer contact

shaad

Post by shaad » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:11 pm

sensazn wrote:just an update...my employer was contacted today, so am insha allah insha allah insha allah will hear soon allah jee will make it easy for me.

Hi sensazn

Inshallah another 10 - 15 days you will be hearing good news.
I am also waiting, may be tomorrow, day after or next week.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

[quote="hoeny123"][quote="imranh"]i emailed the uk visa section about the fact that i was changing jobs on 18/10/10 and my wife applied 30/08/10. they replied stating that i should provide p45, employment letters, bank statements showing wage going in, wage slips. i replied by stating i can only provide employment letters and p45 as i wont get paid till mid november (first monthly pay). they then replied by stating provide any documents which would help the officer decide your case and if they need more info they may contact you.
i sent the docs to the address they provided in croydon. i then sent a follow up to check whether they have received my docs but they replied with the generic email.

thats my story then...check the posts in early/mid october aswell for good info.

is £23k-£27k enough in terms of salary and benefits??[/quote]

Thanks imran for providing valuable informaiton onece again.

well my situation is that my wife applied about three weeks ago from lahore and unwillingly I have to change my employer. The company is just being closed down soon and the trading will be ceased by the end of this month and due to this there will be no one at the company to take any calls I feel which means that if i leave it like this and the ECO makes a call to confirm my employment refernce then the results could be disastrous. I am not worried about the job as I have already arranged another job and may have to start sometime in the begining of next month but i am more worried now what to do..... but the info you have provided is quite helpful and make quite a good sense...i can surely provide them all the documents like p45, new job offer letter, new employment contract, payslips, new bank statements showing wages from new employer, a letter from my current employer stating they are ceasing trading etc....but the most concerning thing in your reply is whether they would be able to link these new documents with the application. I have asked UKHUB in the email about it and they replied that they cannot gurantee that the documents would be linked to the application due to the enormous amount of paper they receive.....which is a bit worrying for me now :?
[/quote]

your p45 will show your last working day and get a new employment letter form our current employers before they cease trading. when did you apply coz you may have a bit of time yet??

i hadnt realised you already contacted them. i am not sure about this linking the documents??? i did not get this reply from them what did they say exactly?? they should be able to link it if you put the application details on!!!!!! i dont know why you got this reply and i didnt??

please can you provide more info.

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Zahida wrote:
thanks zahida very sweet of you..allah is great and JUST

thanks for the dua really appreciate it
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Henah wrote:Hi sensazn... congrats inshallah it will be good news for!!

what did they ask ur employer and was it thru email or the fone?
[/quote]

hey henah thanks

they contacted today by phone i work at my brothers place i wasnt there but they asked my NI number hours salary, whether permanent, and whether my employers are related to me..

do you have any updates?
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

shaad wrote:

Hi sensazn

Inshallah another 10 - 15 days you will be hearing good news.
I am also waiting, may be tomorrow, day after or next week.
your right shaad insha allah all of us will hear good news i hope ur partner gets visa ... i really need to hear from them soon my wife is 8 months pregnant
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:36 pm

sensazn wrote:
Zahida wrote:
thanks zahida very sweet of you..allah is great and JUST

thanks for the dua really appreciate it

zahida is ur hubby here yet??
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

Henah

Post by Henah » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 pm

hi sensazn no updates from me my 12 weeks start this monday!!

Inshallah u should hear soon :)
No Employer contact

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

imranh wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:
imranh wrote:i emailed the uk visa section about the fact that i was changing jobs on 18/10/10 and my wife applied 30/08/10. they replied stating that i should provide p45, employment letters, bank statements showing wage going in, wage slips. i replied by stating i can only provide employment letters and p45 as i wont get paid till mid november (first monthly pay). they then replied by stating provide any documents which would help the officer decide your case and if they need more info they may contact you.
i sent the docs to the address they provided in croydon. i then sent a follow up to check whether they have received my docs but they replied with the generic email.

thats my story then...check the posts in early/mid october aswell for good info.

is £23k-£27k enough in terms of salary and benefits??

well my situation is that my wife applied about three weeks ago from lahore and unwillingly I have to change my employer. The company is just being closed down soon and the trading will be ceased by the end of this month and due to this there will be no one at the company to take any calls I feel which means that if i leave it like this and the ECO makes a call to confirm my employment refernce then the results could be disastrous. I am not worried about the job as I have already arranged another job and may have to start sometime in the begining of next month but i am more worried now what to do..... but the info you have provided is quite helpful and make quite a good sense...i can surely provide them all the documents like p45, new job offer letter, new employment contract, payslips, new bank statements showing wages from new employer, a letter from my current employer stating they are ceasing trading etc....but the most concerning thing in your reply is whether they would be able to link these new documents with the application. I have asked UKHUB in the email about it and they replied that they cannot gurantee that the documents would be linked to the application due to the enormous amount of paper they receive.....which is a bit worrying for me now :?
your p45 will show your last working day and get a new employment letter form our current employers before they cease trading. when did you apply coz you may have a bit of time yet??

i hadnt realised you already contacted them. i am not sure about this linking the documents??? i did not get this reply from them what did they say exactly?? they should be able to link it if you put the application details on!!!!!! i dont know why you got this reply and i didnt??

please can you provide more info.
Imran, what i meant to say in my previous post was that I asked them what if I have to send additional supporting documents that are extremely necessary for the ECO to come to an accurate and fair decision. I did not ask/inform them of my change of employer yet and they replied that i can send those documents in but they can not guarantee that they will be linked to the applicaiton but they did ask me to include informaiton like my wife's name, dob, gerry reference number starting with gry ending with x and the passport number in order for them to locate the application and link the docuemtns to it.... this is exactly what i got the info from my enquiry to them.

in your case when you asked them later to confirm if they have received the documents what exactly they replied you...can you please explain

Also you as well as i, after i send my new employment details, need to make sure by getting it confirmed in writing from them that they have linked it to the application because if they don't do this then the ECO would make a decision on the basis of current documents...pls note i applied on 12/10/10

sensazn

Post by sensazn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 pm

Henah wrote:hi sensazn no updates from me my 12 weeks start this monday!!

insha allah u should get employer contact within next week
forwarded to oc 06/08/10
being processed 27/08/10
Visa granted 12/11/2010

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:20 am

Shazaz, Zar2009 any updates? my 15th week over today.

Were the last of the July lot.... still waiting I guess.
:roll:
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:14 am

Jus come across this article..quite interestin...

Pakistanis 'may suffer visa bias'

The independent inspector's report is critical of the UK Border Agency
The UK Border Agency (UKBA) may be unlawfully discriminating against Pakistanis, the man appointed to scrutinise the organisation has said.

Independent chief inspector John Vine said it was harder to enter the UK from Pakistan than from the likes of Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

He said staff applied higher evidential requirements for entry and made worryingly inconsistent visa decisions.

The government said the process was designed to target visa fraud.

Pakistan is the fourth largest source of applications to enter the UK.

Race relations

Mr Vine, who was appointed by the government in 2008 to act as the UKBA's watchdog, said there was a worrying lack of confidence in the work of the visa section - particularly in Pakistan visa operations.

He said senior managers were dismissive of appeal decisions and staff applied "higher evidential requirements for entry to the UK to customers from Pakistan, and this was not made clear to them".

Mr Vine said: "I believe this means that the UK Border Agency was not only failing to be open and transparent about their approach towards customers, but also may be discriminating unlawfully in favour of Gulf Co-operation Council customers and against Pakistanis."

The Gulf Co-operation Council includes Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Dubai.

Mr Vine added: "I believe the UK Border Agency must take immediate action to ensure it is acting in compliance with its duties under the Race Relations Act 1976."

'Tough checks'

Pakistan has seen major changes to its visa operation, partly as a reaction to its deteriorating security situation.

Immigration Minister Damian Green said: "Our tough checks are there not to target genuine applicants but those who try to obtain a visa through fraudulent means.

"That is why we will continue to work closely with the government of Pakistan to stamp out any abuse, and why we take a risk-based approach to decision-making, giving extra scrutiny to those countries where historically fraud has been higher."

He said "numerous improvements" had been since the inspection was completed in May, and that 95% of visa applications were now processed within five to 15 days.

Mr Green added that a priority service for the Pakistan business sector has a turnaround time of three to five days.

BBC © 2010

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:15 am

K44MYY wrote:Shazaz, Zar2009 any updates? my 15th week over today.

Not heard anythn kammy..still waitn..

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 am

Henah wrote:hi sensazn no updates from me my 12 weeks start this monday!!

hey henah

finally the process for august applicants as started , i think you should be getting employer contact begining of your 13th week , they called my employer on 1 nov, the first day of my 13th week.

Inshallah all of us wwaiting will get good news amen

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:49 am

shazaz wrote:

Salaam. Nothing still waiting and hoping. InshAllah we will hear soon.
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

Ahmad2010
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad2010 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:52 pm

zar2009 wrote:
shazaz wrote:

Salaam. Nothing still waiting and hoping. InshAllah we will hear soon.
Salaams,

UKBA published as follow: Islamabad

Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
Settlement 12% 17% 25% 48% 70% 88% 96% 99% 99% 371

The above data is for all decisions made in Sept2010

Is this a true fact? 88% in 60 days!

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 pm

[quote="hoeny123"][quote="imranh"][quote="hoeny123"][quote="imranh"]i emailed the uk visa section about the fact that i was changing jobs on 18/10/10 and my wife applied 30/08/10. they replied stating that i should provide p45, employment letters, bank statements showing wage going in, wage slips. i replied by stating i can only provide employment letters and p45 as i wont get paid till mid november (first monthly pay). they then replied by stating provide any documents which would help the officer decide your case and if they need more info they may contact you.

is £23k-£27k enough in terms of salary and benefits??[/quote]

[/quote]

please can you provide more info.[/quote]

Imran, what i meant to say in my previous post was that I asked them what if I have to send additional supporting documents that are extremely necessary for the ECO to come to an accurate and fair decision. I did not ask/inform them of my change of employer yet and they replied that i can send those documents in but they can not guarantee that they will be linked to the applicaiton but they did ask me to include informaiton like my wife's name, dob, gerry reference number starting with gry ending with x and the passport number in order for them to locate the application and link the docuemtns to it.... this is exactly what i got the info from my enquiry to them.

in your case when you asked them later to confirm if they have received the documents what exactly they replied you...can you please explain

Also you as well as i, after i send my new employment details, need to make sure by getting it confirmed in writing from them that they have linked it to the application because if they don't do this then the ECO would make a decision on the basis of current documents...pls note i applied on 12/10/10[/quote]

they sent their generic reply about the 12 weeks processing times and threatening not to reply to any further emails (this was 3 weeks ago)

tomorrow i am going to email them again to make sure that they have received the docs and link them to the application. otherwise i might just a new batch of employment docs if they have not received them.

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 pm

imranh wrote:
hoeny123 wrote:[quote="imranh
they sent their generic reply about the 12 weeks processing times and threatening not to reply to any further emails (this was 3 weeks ago)

tomorrow i am going to email them again to make sure that they have received the docs and link them to the application. otherwise i might just a new batch of employment docs if they have not received them.
pls can you let me know as well if you get a reply to your email

minty

October Application

Post by minty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Sammad

I also applied recently on 20/10/2010 in lahore for my wife. I guess we will both get out responses at similar times. My online status also has not changed and says

appliction forwarded to Islamabad OC 20/10/2010

shaad

Post by shaad » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello everyone who applied in August
Someone messed up with the August spread sheet.
Kindly update the records once again.
I just saw it now and am sure it must have been a mistake by a visitor.

Thanks

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 pm

shaad wrote:Hello everyone who applied in August
Someone messed up with the August spread sheet.
Kindly update the records once again.
I just saw it now and am sure it must have been a mistake by a visitor.

Thanks
Shaad, i visited a spredsheet a few days ago and i m not really sure whether it was august one as it had a long list of candidates even from previous months and most of the applicaiotns on that list had already been completed to the last step. To double check this i have just visited august one this time from the link mentioned in one of zeddy posts and it looks like it is not that one..... so hope that its not my fault :oops: :?:

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:44 pm

K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------