ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC application period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farazfastian

EC application period

Post by farazfastian » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:21 am

Dear Members,

I would like to confirm that now you can lodge EC application within 6 months of approval not 3 months as i read this in the latest Guidance document. Like my approval date is 12 April,2006 so i can apply for EC upto 11 Oct,2006. Is this correct?

Second thing, now they are giving 2 years visa on EC, it means we'll have to apply for FLR(IED) after 2 years stay at UK and have to show economic activites over the period of last 2 years in order to get 3 years FLR(IED)?

Third and last, If i apply 1 month before my EC period ends, is it safe or i should do it more early?

Plz clear my confusions..

regards
faraz

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:42 pm

I would like to confirm that now you can lodge EC application within 6 months of approval not 3 months as i read this in the latest Guidance document. Like my approval date is 12 April,2006 so i can apply for EC upto 11 Oct,2006. Is this correct?
I havent read the latest guidance notes, but doesnt your approval letter have a latest date by which you are expected to get your EC?
Second thing, now they are giving 2 years visa on EC, it means we'll have to apply for FLR(IED) after 2 years stay at UK and have to show economic activites over the period of last 2 years in order to get 3 years FLR(IED)?
Yes
Third and last, If i apply 1 month before my EC period ends, is it safe or i should do it more early?
A month in hand is decent buffer to give yourself when you apply for EC . That should not stop you from preparing for your EC beforehand. Ensure that you have all the neccesary documentation with you so that when there is only a month left on your approval letter, all that is required is to submit an application.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:06 pm

Well i got approval confirmation on phone and still waiting for the Approval letter...

btw following is the excerpt from Guidance Doc

30. The application for entry clearance must ordinarily be lodged within 6 months of the approval of the HSMP application.

Last thing, if i apply with one month buffer can i ask them to stamp my visa with the next month date? I'v heard about it that you can write it in ur EC application but dont know it works or not..

regards
faraz

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:52 pm

You can ask for a specific start date but they may or may not accept it.

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:07 am

Hi

Mine was accepted in BHC Islamabad Pakistan and they gave me 3 months post date EC.

Good luck

nandini
Newly Registered

Post by nandini » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:26 pm

My husband's HSMP approval letter is dated 11/10/05. Since he was dependent on my PFT visa, he was advised to apply for an entry clearance overseas.
He applied from Kolkata on 3/4/06. Still waiting for an answer from the Embassy who keep telling him that there are checks on in the UK.
Has anyone been thru' a similar experience? How long does EC take for a doctor returning from the UK trying to change his immigration status?

nandini
Newly Registered

Re: EC application period

Post by nandini » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:35 pm

Have not seen the guidance notes, but do they mean to say that all hsmp approval holders can apply for EC within 6 months? Even if the older letters said '3 months'?

farazfastian wrote:Dear Members,

Plz clear my confusions..

regards
faraz

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sat May 20, 2006 2:48 pm

If your letter says 3 months, that's what you've got. Only those whose letter states 6 months have that long to get their EC.
________
NEW MEXICO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by WoodieG on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

junior

INFORMATION IMP

Post by junior » Wed May 24, 2006 4:10 am

HELLO ALL,

Can anyone tell me that how long does it takes for the EC application to get back at the BHC, New Delhi ?

An early reply on this shall be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Junior