ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help me i may be on the wrong page!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

please help me i may be on the wrong page!

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:37 pm

hi guys, im new to this forum so it might take a little while for me to pick up on how to use the forum..

I feel if someone can please help me on what ive been told i would be very greatfull and appreciate your opinon and advice..basically id rather make it short so it dont get boring.lol

i applied to bring my wife over in may i got refused in june on some silly little issues like income and not being sure on my wage slips..nothing very mayjor.i then put an appeal in july to the immigration or the ECO if thats who it goes to stating that i will provide relevant documents on what you have refused me on..i then had a reply from them to say we will be writing to you in december because i belive seetlment cases take this long..

now that ive explained myself i would like some advice on the letter ive had receently..
my wife and my solicotor have both recived a letter stating

now bearing in my mind ive only seen the letter once but i will confirm it tomrrow

all i can remember it was a ver short 2 line sentence with three boxes
and one of them was ticked

it says on there :notice of withdrwal of appeal

what does this mean?

please help

push
United Kingdom

Re: please help me i may be on the wrong page!

Post by push » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:27 am

ASH_SKYLINE wrote:hi guys, im new to this forum so it might take a little while for me to pick up on how to use the forum..

I feel if someone can please help me on what ive been told i would be very greatfull and appreciate your opinon and advice..basically id rather make it short so it dont get boring.lol

i applied to bring my wife over in may i got refused in june on some silly little issues like income and not being sure on my wage slips..nothing very mayjor.i then put an appeal in july to the immigration or the ECO if thats who it goes to stating that i will provide relevant documents on what you have refused me on..i then had a reply from them to say we will be writing to you in december because i belive seetlment cases take this long..

now that ive explained myself i would like some advice on the letter ive had receently..
my wife and my solicotor have both recived a letter stating

now bearing in my mind ive only seen the letter once but i will confirm it tomrrow

all i can remember it was a ver short 2 line sentence with three boxes
and one of them was ticked

it says on there :notice of withdrwal of appeal

what does this mean?

please help
What is your VISA status in UK?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:29 pm

anybody pls.

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:30 pm

im a full uk british citizen

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:41 pm

I have a sneaky feeling that the ECM on reviwing the matter upon your appeal and recieving the extra documents that you may have sent, the ECM is now satisfied that your wife should get a visa and have given notice to withdraw the appeal from AIT and issue the visa instead.

I may be wrong because of the lack of information you have supplied, but if you were refused for a minor reason and could prove the decision of the ECO was wrong, and provided teh additional documents, I think they have decided to issue the visa and as a result given notice to withdrwa appeal

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:58 pm

batleykhan wrote:I have a sneaky feeling that the ECM on reviwing the matter upon your appeal and recieving the extra documents that you may have sent, the ECM is now satisfied that your wife should get a visa and have given notice to withdraw the appeal from AIT and issue the visa instead.

I may be wrong because of the lack of information you have supplied, but if you were refused for a minor reason and could prove the decision of the ECO was wrong, and provided teh additional documents, I think they have decided to issue the visa and as a result given notice to withdrwa appeal
hi thanks for your help i really appreciate it..im sorry about the information i gave cause it wasnt very positive or shall i say not as much,i didnt send any documents as such all i sent was a letter to ask what documents will you need for the refusal of my application...i then recieved a letter them saying it will go to tribunal courts in decmeber and we will write to you asking to provide relevant documents..my solictor wrote back to them saying thats fine but we need to prepare the documents that you want so i need to know on what reasons are you not satisfied.We then had a letter recently from them stating:

The respondent has withdrawn the original decision
The tribunal is satisfied that this appeal has been withdrawn

what does this exactly mean?

thanks for your help guys really appreciate it

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:13 pm

It means what I have said in my earlier post. The respondent (ECO) has withdrawn appeal because they accept they may have made the wrong decision initially.

It means they will now grant the visa to your wife. So it looks like good news for you both and start to plan and celebrate it :D :) :wink:

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 pm

batleykhan wrote:It means what I have said in my earlier post. The respondent (ECO) has withdrawn appeal because they accept they may have made the wrong decision initially.

It means they will now grant the visa to your wife. So it looks like good news for you both and start to plan and celebrate it :D :) :wink:
oh my god thanks so much...i hope you are so right because its been so fustrating and i hope all the other people who are going through pain hope it wroks out for them..

now from wht you have said will my wife recieve a letter to ask for her passport...as its only been two weeks so far that i got that letter should i wait a little more while for them to send a notification to bring the passport or should i call the tribunal imigration court?

what would be the next step now?

im so happy and releved on this information fingers crossed hope she gets the visa soon.

hmm

Post by hmm » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm

You can contact the embassy and asked for the status of her visa application. Tell them you had a letter from.... stating that the respondent has withdrawn the original decision but haven't heard anything since.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 pm

She would recieve what you call a "call in letter"basically asking her to call in with her passport (TB certificate - if it applies to you) and a date when she intends to travel.

The time varies on when you recive this letter depending on which country you live in ( in Indo subcontinent it can take anything from2-5 months) but on average it takes about 8 weeks.

Its pointless contacting emabsssy or teh post where you applied as they should already be aware of this, as they themselves made the decison to withdraw appeal and reverse decision................ I think you just need to sit patiently waiting for this letter :wink:

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 pm

batleykhan wrote:She would recieve what you call a "call in letter"basically asking her to call in with her passport (TB certificate - if it applies to you) and a date when she intends to travel.

The time varies on when you recive this letter depending on which country you live in ( in Indo subcontinent it can take anything from2-5 months) but on average it takes about 8 weeks.

Its pointless contacting emabsssy or teh post where you applied as they should already be aware of this, as they themselves made the decison to withdraw appeal and reverse decision................ I think you just need to sit patiently waiting for this letter :wink:
hi thanks again kindly for your help here...i mean i think it is now best to sit and wait for a call in letter like u said...roughly how long do u think i should get a letter in i mean its been two weeks since the letter i recieved..so how long more would you say?

also would it be a good idea if my wife went to the fedex in islambad and gives in the letter that they sent with her passport and a legal letter from my solictor...would they look into it a bit quicker do you think?

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

hi guys..im still waitin patiently but havent heard anything yet..it seems a waiting time now...please pray for me and hope whoever is ging through the same it works out for them to. :cry:

ASH_SKYLINE
Newly Registered

Post by ASH_SKYLINE » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 pm

hi guys ive still been waitin patiently but still havent heard anything as yet...do you think i may hear something sometime soon or what would be the best way to contact them?

thanks guys

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:37 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=9500

Look in this post you will find out who to contact. I think you could be justified in contacting them in view of the length of time that has elapsed