ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

don't apply for a british passport too soon!.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m4nn
Newly Registered

don't apply for a british passport too soon!.

Post by m4nn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:51 am

just would like to ask that if you receive your british citizenship in hong kong for this matter, and you have the certificate, can you apply for a passport on the very same day or the next or so?.

someone i know was told to wait some days for the home office to know that you have accepted the ceremony/certificate, and if you apply too soon, it could be (the passport or your ceremony) refused....

lol, never heard of such nonsense.
they seem worried it will be taken off them somehow....

thanks. :roll:

sami99
Newly Registered

Post by sami99 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:51 pm

sorry mate,
this is real nonsence. Most people (include me) on this forum apply the same day they receive thier naturalisation certificate.

Mhunt
Newly Registered

Post by Mhunt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 pm

sami99 wrote:sorry mate,
this is real nonsence. Most people (include me) on this forum apply the same day they receive thier naturalisation certificate.
But how do you get a countersignature on your passport application on the same day?

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:03 am

Mhunt wrote:
sami99 wrote:sorry mate,
But how do you get a countersignature on your passport application on the same day?
You can get him/her to sing before.

JulesN19

Post by JulesN19 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:30 pm

boloney wrote:You can get him/her to sing before.
There's no need to sing anything, as even the most beautiful audio recording is unlikely to be relevant to the application.

They do, however, need to sign the form.