ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help ! Freedom Pass for disable effect my ILR Application?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ppilhr
Newly Registered

Help ! Freedom Pass for disable effect my ILR Application?

Post by ppilhr » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi

I am applying for ILRinder HSMP JR along with my wife this and need clarification on 'Claiming Benefits’.
6 months back I have been diagnosed partially sight/blind (disability) and in result of this unable to drive and allowed to apply for Disabled person Freedom Pass to travel within London.

Can someone confirm, is Freedom Pass is a benefit or resource to pubic fund? I am not claiming any other fund i-e Disability living allowance etc.

I am really confused, if it is a benefit than what to do now? :cry:

Many thanks,

xyz123

Re: Help ! Freedom Pass for disable effect my ILR Applicatio

Post by xyz123 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:39 pm

ppilhr wrote:

Can someone confirm, is Freedom Pass is a benefit or resource to pubic fund?
dont know where its written but the very fact that you are travelling free on buses and your tickets are funded by taxes paid by other people it is a public fund.

ppilhr
Newly Registered

Post by ppilhr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:36 am

Yes you are right it wasn’t specified any where and I agree it is free travel card. But It was recommended by my doctor (consultant) to use this instead of driving car.

I have booked for PEO appointment tomorrow and really worried if it is going effect my case? Can I reschedule my appointment and cancel this card….????

regards,

Pierrot95

Re: Help ! Freedom Pass for disable effect my ILR Applicatio

Post by Pierrot95 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 pm

xyz123 wrote:the very fact that you are travelling free on buses and your tickets are funded by taxes paid by other people it is a public fund.
Where do you get that from? Sorry I have to disagree with you.
There is a definition of public funds for immigration purposes.
Free travel card is not in the list, same for school or NHS services. I believe the OP should be ok.

====

reji79
Newly Registered

Post by reji79 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi ppilhr,

My case is also similar to you and I am also eligible for ILR soon. Would like to know the outcome of your application. Please update me on this.

Thanks in advance

ppilhr
Newly Registered

Post by ppilhr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:56 am

Hi reji79

I got ILR- no question asked except... do you drive? which i replied 'no i don't. (not sure if there is an relation to Feedom Pass)

I think (not an expert) Freedom Pass is not a stated in claimed benefit list in ILR application form, so it is ok.