ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) final docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lkpone

SET(M) final docs

Post by lkpone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi all

I'm just doing a final sanity check on my ILR application for 9th December at Croydon PEO and needed an expert eye :wink:

I'm applying on the basis of having completed 2 years as an Unmarried Partner/Spouse of a British citizen and just passed my LITUK test on Saturday.

Docs that are DEFINITELY needed:
1. Application form & photos.
2. 3 month pay slips for both of us.
3. 3 month bank statemetns for both of us.
4. Letters/bills either individually or jointly to our address.
5. LITUK test pass.
6. Marriage certificate.
7. Both passports.
8. My ICFN card to hand in.

Docs that I need clarification on for my category (advice requested, please :) ):
1. P60s.
2. Employer letter for me.
3. Spreadsheet of absences.

I've been through all of the guidance and topics in this forum and these last 3 are common docs needed, but mostly in the PBS categories - I've not been able to get any definitive guidance as to whether I'd need these for SET(M). Any advice is greatly appreciated! :wink:

Also, the SET(M) form on the UKBA website seems to only be available as an online application - has anybody filled this in? I just want to know whether there is a printable version at the end. I'm applying in person, so I'm a bit confused about the payment request online etc. :shock:

Thanks in advance! :)

Lindsay :wink:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: SET(M) final docs

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:18 pm

lkpone wrote:I just want to know whether there is a printable version at the end.
How to use this interactive form wrote:1. Use this interactive form if you are able to pay online and have Adobe Reader 8 or higher on your computer. Otherwise, use the paper form.
2. Download the interactive form to your computer.
3. Open the downloaded file to complete the form in Adobe Reader. The form will guide you through your application, explain the questions and check you answers.
4. When you have completed the interactive form:
  • 1. go to the "Finish" page; and
    2. click "Pay and Print" to upload your answers. We will ask you to pay online and show you how to print and sign the offical application form.
regards

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks.

If anybody else can give me answers on the more important question regarding the need for P60, Employer letter & spreadsheet of absences for SET(M) spouse, I'd appreciate it.

Lindsay

cgame

Post by cgame » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:09 pm

i recently applied for ny wifes ilr set(m)

i would send the p60s, not sure on the other docs but theres no harm in sending them. I would send a doctors letter stating when u registered cost me £30 but its evidence for the letters you require in ur name/joint names

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm

I think what's required is specified in the SET(M) form. A spreadsheet giving absences isn't strictly necessary, considering guidance on Time spent outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:32 pm

vinny wrote:I think what's required is specified in the SET(M) form. A spreadsheet giving absences isn't strictly necessary, considering guidance on Time spent outside the UK.
Yeah, I know and that's the reason for my question, because it doesn't state that I need P60s or an employer letter. However, a lot of similar posts for ILR in different categories have asked for this, which is why I'm checking.

My application is based on the fact that I am married to a British citizen and have completed 2 years as an Umarried Partner/Spouse. I can take the documents above as a precaution, but am wanting to know if they're needed, as if I don't have to go through HR to apply for the letter, it'll save a lot of time.

Thanks for any further help! :)

claudiafan

Post by claudiafan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:29 pm

You can have them to be on the safe side, but there is nowhere says they are required. Good luck!!:)