ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1 Visa

Post by bvc07znu » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Hello,

I am not sure if these questions have been asked before. If yes, I am sorry but you can direct me to the page

I am currently on PSW which will be expire last week in dec, 2011. However I want to apply around October. I am currently employed but my salary is 24, 000, rather than the expected 35,000. Thus I want to claim for self-employed activities as well (sole trader).

1- Should I use a business current account or a normal current to show these extra earnings. I will claiming extra income for IT projects

2- Wili it be advisable to claim from my country of origin - earnings for IT projects deployed over there.
2b) How will I show the earnings in that country as the Tax system is terrible. Should I use a current/business account over there too.

3- Once I raise these invoices for my prospective clients, which is the best way to show income - cash, cheque or online transaction

4- I have been told I need to pay tax on this income. Is it better to pay myself salary from the account I eventually setup, so that the income tax I pay won't be enormous.

Thanks for your anticipated help

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:37 am

If you're in the UK, your earnings must be claimed in the UK.

Have you registered with the Inland Revenue as self-employed? That's crucial.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by bvc07znu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks Amanda,

I will register today. I suppose I can make a call.

I have read the guidelines and it does not state the country where you can make earnings. Please can highlight that section for me in your reply.

Regarding the type of account; business or normal current account, please can anyone shed more light on that?

Thanks so much

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm

"Wili it be advisable to claim from my country of origin - earnings for IT projects deployed over there."

I don't understand what you mean by that.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.