ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Stolen - Had My Tier 1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 am

Hi Pearldew,

Whats the news on your visa? As you said you would apply in person using Premium service, how soon were you able to get an appointment? I found that the earliest I can get is 2Dec10.

In the documents to be provided, one was - Home Office letter notifying immigration status. I dont remember me getting any when I got Tier1. I got my Tier1 in Bangalore, India. From seeing some of the posts, I believe the Home Office letter is issued only when one applies for Tier1 inside UK.

I can of course show a photocopy of my Tier1 visa.

Could you plz confirm? Thanks

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Just a quick update:

Yesterday, I went to the Croydon office just to see if there is any chance I can get an appointment somehow - may be someone wont turn up as suggested by the Information Desk officer.

As I began telling my story abt my lost passport and the need for urgent travel, the officer behind the desk asked me suddenly if it was for TOC. I said, "Yes" and he directed the security to let me in!! What a surprise:-)

I have got the Tier1 visa approved now. Got the Home Office letter. Just need to wait for the Biometric card. Couldnt find any way to speed up the process to get the Biometric card sooner

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 pm

zayedshah wrote:I have got the Tier1 visa approved now. Got the Home Office letter. Just need to wait for the Biometric card. Couldnt find any way to speed up the process to get the Biometric card sooner
But, BRP is yet to be introduced for Tier 1 migrants.

regards