ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REPORTING CARD.. OR NOT?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VT

REPORTING CARD.. OR NOT?

Post by VT » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:59 pm

My partner is an overstayer. We moved in together for the second time, with our first child in April 2010. HMRC stopped my claim for CTC and i haven't recieved a payment since then due to them continually messing me around, the way they have treated me, as a BC, is disgusting. Anyway, after 10 months of being thrown backwards and forwards, being dragged through about a million of their different decisions, being told one thing, to being told another.. I have been told that my partner needs to go for ANOTHER interview for a NINO..

The first one was refused because of insufficient identification as all of my partners ID is with the HO.
I have an advisor working on my behalf from community law service and i told her about the letter i recieved yesterday and asked what i should do..
She said that it would be a good idea to get a letter from the HO which states that my partner's identification is with them and that they are aware of his status etc..

I beleive that most(?) immigrants have a reporting card? & maybe this is WHY my partner's NINO request was denied. They haven't got any records of him and that's why i can't claim CTC.

Does anybody think that/would advise us to get my partner a reporting card in order for my CTC claim to be processed?

Please help! ASAP. Need to get the letter sent off, if so

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:10 am

Immigrants do not have a reporting card only those who have been living in the UK illegally and have been caught by the UKBA.
As a result of being caught they are then told to report on a regular basis to the authorities

VT

Post by VT » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:40 am

mochyn wrote:Immigrants do not have a reporting card only those who have been living in the UK illegally and have been caught by the UKBA.
As a result of being caught they are then told to report on a regular basis to the authorities
OHHH! But when i called his solicitor to ask if we could get a lette out of the HO to provide proof to DWP that my partner hasn't got any ID and that the HO are aware of where he is etc.. She advised us to write to UKBA and request a reporting card..? Because he hasn't actually got any ID at all.

How else are we meant to get Tax Credits?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Has your partner claimed asylum, because that is who the cards are given to, not to overstayers. The cards are called Application Registration Cards, or ARC cards.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/support/arc/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

VT

Post by VT » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:12 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Has your partner claimed asylum, because that is who the cards are given to, not to overstayers. The cards are called Application Registration Cards, or ARC cards.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/support/arc/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

That's what i thought, so now i'm confused.. Because it was our immigration solicitor who advised us to write to UKBA requesting one.

What else are we supposed to do? Because if we write to the HO requesting they write to us for the DWP stating that they are aware of my partner being in the country etc. and he is who he says he is, it could take them MONTHS to reply. I don't know what we're meant to do now.
HMRC really need to train their staff.