ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi/Salam

Just thought to drop by and let some of the 'old timers' know that wifey made it over ok, been here a couple of months now and we've had a beautiful baby daughter :)

Hope its worked out for those who were waiting along with me (too many pages to read now! I was back on 361!)
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:43 pm

kaidee wrote:Hi/Salam

Just thought to drop by and let some of the 'old timers' know that wifey made it over ok, been here a couple of months now and we've had a beautiful baby daughter :)

Hope its worked out for those who were waiting along with me (too many pages to read now! I was back on 361!)
Mubarak to you and your wife. wonderful news!!!
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

billo

Post by billo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 pm

sorry, I meant Yasmin 786 good luck with the appeal.
If it helps, this is what we submitted with the appeal and our second application with regards to property:

*letter from parents confirming brother & wife can stay there rent free and contribute a small amount each month towards household costs.

* photographs of property, including front/ back of house, garden & number plate.

*property report from chartered surveyors

* title register & title plans from land registry website

* certified copy of letter from bank that was sent to parents when their mortgage was re-paid.

*certified letter from land registry that was sent to parents when their mortgage was re-paid

I know it looks like overkill but we wanted to provide everything that they could possibly want and not have a reason to refuse it again.
Last edited by billo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

billo

Post by billo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:31 pm

tasawar, I'm no expert on appeals, we just provided every single paperwork which refuted the refusal reasons, and also sent in everything else which was relevant to the application as well, including all paperwork that was submitted with the original application. We organised it into sections in a folder with dividers, numbered each page, had an index, and also several witness statements from family and a very long (5 typed pages) statement from my brother which explained everything, and also outlined the relationship etc.

I personally think, as you've been refused twice, it is imperative that you get really good legal assistance with this.

I'll PM you my number, as I know that it is good to talk to people who have been through the process/ for moral support, but you really need to get a good solicitor/ advisor, or if your wife is confident enough then she can represent you at the appeal. We personally found that with a lot of research and hard work it was possible to do this ourselves, as nobody is going to slog their guts out more for you then yourself/ family.

billo

Post by billo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 pm

all the rest of the July applicants should be hearing something very soon insha'allah - next week for sure!

I think there are only a few of you left now?!

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 pm

zar2009 wrote:
shazaz wrote:Time is going really slow!

I dont undrstnd y i havnt heard anythn yet
Just three of us july applicants left and it seems to be taking forever.
Salaam
Zar2009/Shazaz

What is taking so long? Many other people have had responses so soon.
I'm thinking of getting MP involved, 16th week started yesterday.

have any of you tried calling them? we need to chase them up as visa may have been processed and just left lying around. What do you think?

Please everyone do DUA for me, Shazaz, and Zar2009. we don't know who's prayers Allah will answer. We have waited so long and as some of you on August list have had employer contact etc.

Allah paak please grant us all Visa's. Ameen
K44MYY
What ever Allah wills shall be for none has power but Allah
-------------------------------------------------------

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 pm

billo wrote:all the rest of the July applicants should be hearing something very soon insha'allah - next week for sure!

salaam Billo, please pray for me, Shazaz, Zar2009 whom left from the JULY list, last few and its 16th week for us.
K44MYY

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 pm

MASHA ALLAH, you have been blessed. Please do dua for us left from July list.
All the best.
K44MYY

billo

Post by billo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:32 am

K44MYY wrote:
billo wrote:all the rest of the July applicants should be hearing something very soon insha'allah - next week for sure!

salaam Billo, please pray for me, Shazaz, Zar2009 whom left from the JULY list, last few and its 16th week for us.
Salaam brother,

I will pray that all those waiting get a positive response soon. I know how hard it's been for my brother and sister-in-law, and I pray that Allah rewards your patience.
It really can't be too long now as people that applied after you have received decisions. Insha'allah next week will be your week for celebrating :D
If you don't hear anything by near the end of next week I would definatley contact your MP, as this is now getting ridiculous to say the least.

imranh

Post by imranh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:23 pm

i emailed the uk visa section to determine whether they received my updated employment details (new employment letter, old employment letter with leaving date, P45). Thy replied saying that they have not received it and then said to send it again "for the attention of the Entry Clearance Manager". they should then receive the documents and the documents will be linked to the application. the ECM will ensure that the documents are attached to the file although they are not involved in the processing of my wifes application.

i sent the docs today special delivery so they should receive it by 1pm on Monday. I will email them again on monday afternoon to double check. i must say their reply was very quick within an hour.

does anyone have any further info on who the ECM is/are??

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 pm

imranh wrote:i emailed the uk visa section to determine whether they received my updated employment details (new employment letter, old employment letter with leaving date, P45). Thy replied saying that they have not received it and then said to send it again "for the attention of the Entry Clearance Manager". they should then receive the documents and the documents will be linked to the application. the ECM will ensure that the documents are attached to the file although they are not involved in the processing of my wifes application.

i sent the docs today special delivery so they should receive it by 1pm on Monday. I will email them again on monday afternoon to double check. i must say their reply was very quick within an hour.

does anyone have any further info on who the ECM is/are??
Imran, ECM means Entry Clearance Manager and please also check my post on trakitt pls....

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 pm

good luck ahmad i see from the list that you application is ready for collection , your the first on the august list to be called, well good luck my dua is wid u Inshallah it will be good news

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Sammad wrote:Why was my post deleted?
Your post was not appropaite for an immigration board. That is why it was deleted.Please keep your religious views to yourself.

If you wish to discuss an immigration matter you are welcomed here.

Last edited by batleykhan on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imranh

Post by imranh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:18 pm

ahmad2010 - good luck our duas are with you.

I am just wondering who your employers are as they have not contacted you??

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:42 pm

congratz mate :)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Ahmad2010
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad2010 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:50 pm

zeddy zed wrote:good luck ahmad i see from the list that you application is ready for collection , your the first on the august list to be called, well good luck my dua is wid u Inshallah it will be good news
Thank you,

Inshallah all of us will get a positive response. At the end of day, it is all in the hands of Allah, He knows the best, we are just trying our best. I will accept whatever He give me.

Ahmad2010
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad2010 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 pm

imranh wrote:ahmad2010 - good luck our duas are with you.

NHS

I have submitted a letter from my work to them with application.

shaad

Post by shaad » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 am

Ahmad2010 wrote:
imranh wrote:ahmad2010 - good luck our duas are with you.

NHS

I have submitted a letter from my work to them with application.

Wish you best of luck Ahmed.
I am next in line now.

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Salaam,

Am new to this. I was reading some of the posts and decided to sign up and share my experience regarding the visa situation of my wife, and was hoping someone could tell me waiting times. Any information would be appreciated as the official bodies don’t seem to have much.

Before i continue i would just like to say that i think it is sick the amount charged for a settlement visa and time it takes. Anyways rant over.
My wife submitted her application on 05/10/2010 at the Lahore Gerry’s office. On the tracking website it says Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC.

I personaly think this info is not very helpful as it does not explain the meaning of OC, and its hardly a tracking system if it does not show the stages the application goes through. How are you supposed to track on such information as Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Please can someone tell me how much longer they are going to make us wait?

I wish everyone in similar situation all the best. May Allah accept everyone’s duas. Ameen.

khan786

Post by khan786 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:59 pm

ImranOne wrote:Salaam,

Am new to this. I was reading some of the posts and decided to sign up and share my experience regarding the visa situation of my wife, and was hoping someone could tell me waiting times. Any information would be appreciated as the official bodies don’t seem to have much.

Before i continue i would just like to say that i think it is sick the amount charged for a settlement visa and time it takes. Anyways rant over.
My wife submitted her application on 05/10/2010 at the Lahore Gerry’s office. On the tracking website it says Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC.

I personaly think this info is not very helpful as it does not explain the meaning of OC, and its hardly a tracking system if it does not show the stages the application goes through. How are you supposed to track on such information as Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Please can someone tell me how much longer they are going to make us wait?

I wish everyone in similar situation all the best. May Allah accept everyone’s duas. Ameen.
From what i see n these forums time scale is 12-16 weeks and the 3 tracking stages are
forwarded to oc,
being processed by bhc
then application ready for collection.

I also had my wife's application submitted in Islamabad via premium service which i would recommend a million times to anyone due to a quick and painless process which took 10 min for my wife to submit.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:09 pm

My wife submitted her app at the lahore gerrys and was not given a premium option.

Going by what your saying the tracking website has actually changed its status for your application. I wonder how long before it moves mine to the next stage, as its been 5 weeks and still says application forwarded to Islamabad oc. Does anyone know what OC stands for? Overseas Consulate? I was told the app goes to Dubai.

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 pm

wel the wait starts again from tomorrow..inshallah hoping to hear something this week...will b the 16 week!!

K44MYY

Post by K44MYY » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Salaam Shaz/Zar2009 quick update:

I emailed on Saturday and got the following same old story:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times. The advertised processing time for settlement applications is 12 weeks from the date of application however unfortunately they are currently taking longer than 12 weeks to process - further details are available on Gerrys website. We do apologise for any inconvienience caused.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16th week passing and still no change in status.
How long, just leaving it to Allah.

Everyone please remember us in your duas that we get the Visas. Ameen
K44MYY

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:29 pm

K44MYY wrote:Salaam Shaz/Zar2009 quick update:

I emailed on Saturday and got the following same old story:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times. The advertised processing time for settlement applications is 12 weeks from the date of application however unfortunately they are currently taking longer than 12 weeks to process - further details are available on Gerrys website. We do apologise for any inconvienience caused.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team

16th week passing and still no change in status.
How long, just leaving it to Allah.

Everyone please remember us in your duas that we get the Visas. Ameen
InshAllah hope to hear in this coming week.
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 am

You guys have been waiting since July!!!! surely not. You pay all that money and for this kind of service. I think its time people started complaining. Am pretty sure some kind of contractual agreement is compromised on there part. I will be on week 6 from 2maro (nothing compared to wat you guys are having to wait) Inshallah it will be ok.