ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question, does anyone have an answer???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

womanhandy
Newly Registered

Quick question, does anyone have an answer???

Post by womanhandy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:11 pm

This is my situation: I'm engaged to an British citizen by birth, he owns his own home (no mortage), and has about £7000 savings. He's currently getting £132 a week in pension credits. Does anyone know if a fiance visa would be refused on the basis of the £132 a week? I've tried asking the HO a couple times but have yet to receive an answer from them.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 pm

You will just about get away with it.Your savings might be your saviour.

womanhandy
Newly Registered

Post by womanhandy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Not to be rude, but isn't about getting away with anything. We love each other and want to be together. Neither one of us has a lifestyle that is simple (making do what what a person can AFFORD).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Batleykhan is simply saying that you may just meet the minimum financial requirement. Not sure that I understand your reference to a simple lifestyle etc.

womanhandy
Newly Registered

Post by womanhandy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Oops, when I re-read that I see what you mean. What I meant is that we do want a simple lifestyle. No credit cards, where you buy only what you can afford to pay cash for, and save for anything else.