ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LLoyds Bank electronic statements Stamping

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitin671
Newly Registered

LLoyds Bank electronic statements Stamping

Post by nitin671 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello everyone, I hope someone can suggest me regarding this problem

I guess everyone with lloyds bank account has been encountering this problem.

I have started my maintenance funds from 2nd of August and plan to show it till 3rd of November. However, I haven't been issued the lastest bank statement covering the transactions after 27th of October. Alternatively, I took the print out of online statements and took it to lloyds branch for their stamping. They stamped all the papers and the stamp has branch sort code, branch name and date of stamping on it (but no lloyds name). And they refused to sign on the statements.

I have called home office stating the same and they said that the signature is something that is quite important. As my visa expired on 10th of November, I have to send the application right away. Can you suggest me what I can do now

My plan is to send the application with printed statements with banks stamp on it rite now and later when i get the bank statements (original and expecting in a week), I can send them again.

1) Can this be made possible
2) Do you think the above bank stamp is enough
3) In how many days after I submit the application should I send the original bank statements

I would be greatly thankful if you can help me on this regard.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 pm

yes you can send them, that online stamped statment, and also if you have 1 or 2 month old statment of same account showing the required funds. attach them mule well and make a covering note explaning why you can't provide the orignal and also why you were unable to provide sign (because of the bank policy) and if possiable can you try to get a bank letter confirming your name, address, account no and the money held. that letter will be on the bank letterhead and i am sure the guy over there will have no problem to sing it. same satuation was with me on my extention did the same tactic and was sucessful. hope it will also help in your case.

nitin671
Newly Registered

Post by nitin671 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Aah thanks alot.

So I have got the bank statements till 27th of October .. I can show these I guess. However, since I have changed the address recently, the online statements i printed out has the new address on all pages I printed out.. And the genuine bank statements that I got have the old address (university adress on it)... Do you think this might create a ambiguity for the visa officer.(seeing two different addresses on two different banks statements of same account number). Should I mention that as well in the letter

Many thanks

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 pm

i have no idea about the update you recently added. but if i use my common sence which is not common :lol: you will mention your current address and your previous address in the psw form. and also i think will mention the living dates so it will be clear to them but my advise is if you mention that thing on your covering latter that will be briliant and also helpfull to them as well i think that will be batter as you have no other option because of short time.
and also keep us update do not drop your heart

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 am

I don't know why the HO says a signature is required while in the policy guidance itself, it says

An electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

And thats it I guess?