ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sheant23
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Post by Sheant23 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Hi I just wanted some advise about my situation. I'm a work permit holder my VISA is for 5 years which entitled me to apply ILR , I have my dependents with me my husband and my 9 year old son, I'm due to apply my ILR next year October , but my problem is my husband had a traffic offense ( drink and drive ) last December 2009, he's been in court and payed a fine and ban for driving for 18 months. My question is does it affect my application of ILR because he's my dependent and I'm going to include him in my application ? Is there any possibility that my application will get refuse? please help don't know what to do. thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm

I don't think that his offences would affect your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

cmc_686
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Post by cmc_686 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 am

Sheant23 wrote:Hi I just wanted some advise about my situation. I'm a work permit holder my VISA is for 5 years which entitled me to apply ILR , I have my dependents with me my husband and my 9 year old son, I'm due to apply my ILR next year October , but my problem is my husband had a traffic offense ( drink and drive ) last December 2009, he's been in court and payed a fine and ban for driving for 18 months. My question is does it affect my application of ILR because he's my dependent and I'm going to include him in my application ? Is there any possibility that my application will get refuse? please help don't know what to do. thanks
That shouldn't be a problem, just tell the caseworker what's happened when you fill in the form. The potential problem is the new government might cancel the settlement from work permit or T2 holders.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Application

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 am

cmc_686 wrote:The potential problem is the new government might cancel the settlement from work permit or T2 holders.
Please restrict speculation and scaremongering to this topic only.

regards