ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need guidance about Universit letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shussain452

Need guidance about Universit letter

Post by shussain452 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

hi,
I have recently completed MBA. I have received original Transcript.

Can i apply for PSW visa with the orginal Transcript? where my Transcript shows the My name, awarding body name, title of course,
date passed, date of birht.

Thanks

bethnalblue

Re: Need guidance about Universit letter

Post by bethnalblue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes, you can apply with transcript from your university.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm

thank you about ur responce. i have some douth about the university latter which shows that the orignal certificate will be awarded on (so on)date. what about that latter. i have contacted my uni but they are unable to send that latter as i was an external student MBA topup.
if kindly some one guide me as the awarding ceremony will be held in dec and my visa is expiring in nov.
thanks

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:23 am

"Douth", "Latter", Grammer....MBA student, What university was that then...Reading your post should you actually be considered as Highly Skilled?? This should answer your question though.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingin ... stitution/

Your awarding university should be able to issue this letter to you. Thats exactly what the HO want to check as well.
shussain452 wrote:thank you about ur responce. i have some douth about the university latter which shows that the orignal certificate will be awarded on (so on)date. what about that latter. i have contacted my uni but they are unable to send that latter as i was an external student MBA topup.
if kindly some one guide me as the awarding ceremony will be held in dec and my visa is expiring in nov.
thanks

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:48 pm

thats the problem with asian always leg pulling, negetive thinking

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:00 pm

What makes you think I am Asian.....Anyways I think I touched a bleeding wound there.......
shussain452 wrote:thats the problem with asian always leg pulling, negetive thinking

nitin671
Newly Registered

Post by nitin671 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Hello bobobo

I have obtained the university letter stating that I have completed the course and will be awarded the qualification on a particular date in the future. However, the letter has only my last name and not the full name. And more over , the letter does not have the ending and starting date.

Alternatively, I have been issued the Official University transcript with all the details the home office is asking. Will this suffice the requirement or is a letter compulsory for the visa processing. I believe University transcript with end result stands as a better proof than the university letter. What does home office consider out of the two documents. Many thanks

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 am

If you have the transcripts with all the information the HO need that should be good enough. However a letter from teh university always helps. What you should do is take a printout of the letter requirements and take them to your student office and ask them to incorporate all the details on the letter. This way you are sure nothing will backfire!!

nitin671
Newly Registered

Post by nitin671 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 am

Well.. I have to apply today as tomorrow is the last day of the my stay. I hope the university transcript works. Thanks alot for the reply though. Lets see how it goes.

I wonder how the home office checks the application. Will they consider the entire essence of the information provided or just purely go by the rule book. In any case, I just have to hope.