ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Removed Questin

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

illuminous
Newly Registered

Removed Questin

Post by illuminous » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:51 am

Moderator: Please delete my Account there is no option to delete.
Last edited by illuminous on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 am

Sorry but I am going to be quite harsh with your query.
The forum does not exist to answer your question without YOU YOURSELF doing a bit of work and checking the market. You have 5 yrs experience in IT so you must have heard of GOOGLE.

Please google, look around a little and then ask questions with more info about what you have done and what you have found. This forum too has a SEARCH button. Java/J2EE and SAP ABAP have been discussed in detail before so go through those posts as well.

I have wasted 2mins writing this up and lets be fair, you dont need a lecture on being diligent and helping yourself first. Spoon feeding doesnt help so have a look and post again

KP

illuminous
Newly Registered

KP.

Post by illuminous » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:25 am

Mr KP,
I have read a few posts by you on this forum . You also please don't mind my being a little harsh but i cant help saying what a FREAK you are(i had to tone down the word else the moderator would delete it replace the same with your favorite swear word ) .
I read your sermons on writing proper English in a forum where people were writing decent enough.
You didn't need to answer the question (and waste your 2 minutes ) if that was what you had to say.
You seem to be a intelligent and a well aware guy so you must have heard of a PSYCHIATRIST please see one.

Not meant for you Just a quote from a behavioral study : "People usually replying harshly on internet forum are Socially inept /unsuccessful people who have a non existent social life or are not respected socially the reason they post harshly online is because they are never heard in real life so online is the only place they can get heard "

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:36 am

That was a very sad and childish remark from a married man. I do not think what I wrote was incorrect in anyway. Not sure what you expect forum members to do here -spoon feed you with information?

The ONLY reason I replied is because, if you noticed, NO ONE even bothered to post a reply to such a silly question. I replied to give you a reality check so you would probably understand why no one seems to answer your question.

Your post and personal attack has quite clearly told this forum what sort of person you are. Once again, being an experienced guy and a person with family responsibilities it was not becoming of you to say all that but fair enough, you have a long way to go. At this rate, its best you dont come to the UK and get a shock when you are unsuccessful at interviews and then go on a rant that the UK is a bad place.

As for my own success and mental state of mind, trust me, you dont want to really know who I am or what my professional achievements are.

KP

illuminous
Newly Registered

Post by illuminous » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 am

Mr. KP
With due respect to you and your high achievements (which i am not interested in what so ever they are).
I need not clarify but just for the benefit of those who might see this forum do you really think i had not googled and used search on this forum before posting , the reason i posted the question was because i wanted more clarity on the market in UK as i had heard conflicting reports on this forum . Anyways no reply would have been better than a Harsh reply .
Please do not bother to reply to this message anyways I am deleting my account from this site as i am least interested in talking to harsh people.
Best of luck for you beautiful posts and keep up the attention seeking behavior.

illuminous
Newly Registered

Post by illuminous » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:54 am

and yes , just an advice : Whatever you posted initially could have been said a little politely. No matter how accomplished you are or no matter what someone rights (as long as it is in context of the discussion and is not profane/indecent/blasphemous ) harsh replies just because you are behind the anonymity of the internet should be avoided.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 pm

illuminous wrote: do you really think i had not googled and used search on this forum before posting
No you havent because there have been so many discussions on this before. Many senior forum members as well those who successfully secured jobs in this field have posted excellent information.
If you had seen these, you would not ask such a generic question
illuminous wrote:the reason i posted the question was because i wanted more clarity on the market in UK as i had heard conflicting reports on this forum.
What clarity do you want? All you said is you have 5yrs experience in Java/J2EE, hibernate etc etc and you asked how much salary you can get! And you then asked something as stupid as - What are my chances of finding a Job in UK!!!

If you, once again, used the SEARCH Button, you would have seen what the forum has answered for this before - put your resume up for search, get a skype number etc etc - thing is you havent done any of this and hence the questions
If you googled, you would very easily find what the salary range is for a 5yrs experienced IT guy in J2EE. You would also know which city has more J2EE roles and how salaries vary based on the city. You can also easily find out if there are more IT Telecoms or IT Banking jobs. Those who would answer your question too would say the same. No one can tell you how much YOU will get - it only depends on you
illuminous wrote: Please do not bother to reply to this message anyways I am deleting my account from this site as i am least interested in talking to harsh people.
Go on then, stop posting and delete you account

KP

Idea

Post by Idea » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm

illuminous

if you still visit the forum...
the advantage of anonymous forum is the power to ignore opinions(posts) you dont like. unlike in real life where you may be compelled to reply. So if you dont like something ignore it and dont take it personally

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:33 pm

I fully agree with kenfrapin's comment and his sentiment to the question. There are many posts on here detailing the exact state of the job market and people's experiences with finding jobs (many of them with Java skills). (Seriously, just search this forum for Java and you will see there's lots of detail).

There are just so many people here who want to be spoon-fed and I can imagine that it must just become so frustrating. It is frustrating reading every second question on this forum being something like "I am self-employed, please detail exactly which documents I need to submit?", "I am applying for a dependent visa, how much maintenance do I need?", "Please write a cover letter for me" etc etc. There is a wealth of information and many, many questions on the same topics that's been asked many times before.

The frustrating part for me is that I haven't yet applied for my Tier 1 visa and there's a chance that the rules might change before I can apply. I consider myself highly skilled and I have managed to figure out all the rules through checking the UKBA's website. There is very little ambiguity in their requirements, so these types of questions frustrate me, because it is clear that there are so many people who don't/can't read simple English instructions (if it is something which is not clear then go ahead and ask, but don't expect other people to do the reading for you if it's available right there and clear that you haven't done any research!!). Especially in the case of Tier 1 - highly skilled means that you should be able to also figure some things out for yourself.

These people who expect to be spoonfed are probably the people who go over to the UK and do any job, regardless of the visa they are on. They are probably the ones on which the recent research was based, further strengthening the case for the rules to change. They are the reason that the legitimate highly skilled people out there (who can think for themselves and do a simple search) may not have the opportunity for much longer.

*rant over*