ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying neutralization (Hungary)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamborta

Applying neutralization (Hungary)

Post by jamborta » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi all,

I have been reading about this topic for a while but it is still not clear. My situation is as follows.

I have been a full-time student for the last 5.5 years (working every now and again), there is a gap in the middle for about 5 months when I was doing a bit of a travelling/job hunting.

I guess I need to prove that I was exercising treaty rights.

1, For my students period -
the home office says:
If you are a student, you should provide:
evidence that you have comprehensive sickness insurance cover for you and your accompanying family members
what does that exactly mean? I thought this was covered by the NHS?

2, For the time I was travelling/job hunting, not sure if I was exercising treaty rights. any way to prove it?

thanks a lot for your help.

best,
Tamas

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 am

I assume you actually mean 'naturalisation'.

HO does not accept NHS as CSI in your case. You would have needed a separate cover (search the forum). Absences of up to 6 months are in itself acceptable but HO may ask for proof that you have still resided in the UK. Job searching would need registration as job seeker and/or other proof of applications/interviews/etc.

You may be able to obtain permanent residence but naturalisation is under national rules and an entirely different story.

jamborta

Post by jamborta » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 am

thanks a lot for your reply. that means without CSI I won't be able to get thought?
It is a very strange requirement as there is no need to get health insurance in the UK, I didn't think about it at the time.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Students are explicitly (4d) required to have CSI. Search the forum for details.

jamborta

Post by jamborta » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm

maybe students are required to do this, but this is the first time I hear about it (after being a student for 5 years), this was not enforced/checked/communicated by the universities I attended neither by the HO.