ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for HSMP - approved between 3 April 06-7 Nov 06-Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saf
Newly Registered

ILR for HSMP - approved between 3 April 06-7 Nov 06-Urgent

Post by Saf » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Dear All

I need your urgent advice regarding HSMP approved b/w 3 April 06 & 7 Nov 06.

HSMP approved - May 06
Applying for ILR 1 work permit & 4 years HSMP

My wife joined me in July 2009 (less than 2 years) - Can she apply with me?

I do not required to do life in the UK test, if my wife applies with me, does she has to do the test?

I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks

Saf

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 am

1. Yes.
2. Both of you will need to pass the LITUK before applying for naturalisaton.

regards

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:26 pm

as i see HSMP was approved in May 2006 so covered under JR 5 years and LIUK is not required for both.

My HSMP was approved in August 2006 and i got my ILR without LIUK.
sushdmehta wrote:1. Yes.
2. Both of you will need to pass the LITUK before applying for naturalisaton.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:52 pm

nksg, did I state something different?

regards

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:58 am

well this is what happens.. when we dont read in "Full" :)

but i did not say any thing that would dispute your statement....
sushdmehta wrote:nksg, did I state something different?

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:27 am

In your first response, you used my post as the quote, not the OP's. That means that you are responding to my post (and the content therein), not the OP's! Hence the question.

regards

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Chill Man... i again did not say any thing to dispute your statement... i dont see any difference as we both were trying to say the same thing and to help "OP"
sushdmehta wrote:In your first response, you used my post as the quote, not the OP's. That means that you are responding to my post (and the content therein), not the OP's! Hence the question.

regards

Saf
Newly Registered

Post by Saf » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Many thanks for your help.

Just to confirm few more things:

1-I was on on workpermit for 1 year (TWES) and I hope it also counts towards ILR (as one of the other member also got ILR on that basis)

2- Is the fee for old HSMP with dependant for premium service £1249? I thought the fee would be lower for HSMP.

3-In SET (O) form, section 6, asked for the date first enter the UK, should it be the date when I first entered the UK as a student (July 2003)? Do I have to enter all the absences since that date for the last 7 years?

Many Thanks

Saf
Newly Registered

TWES

Post by Saf » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:30 pm

I had an appointment today regarding settlement - 1 year TWES+4 years HSMP. I confirm that TWES doesn't qualify towards settlement.

nksg

Re: TWES

Post by nksg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

But in your initial query you said
Saf wrote: HSMP approved - May 06
Applying for ILR 1 work permit & 4 years HSMP
You did not metion TWES, any ways can you please share your experiance?
Saf wrote:I had an appointment today regarding settlement - 1 year TWES+4 years HSMP. I confirm that TWES doesn't qualify towards settlement.

sunny1407

Re: TWES

Post by sunny1407 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 am

Saf wrote:I had an appointment today regarding settlement - 1 year TWES+4 years HSMP. I confirm that TWES doesn't qualify towards settlement.
I nearly booked appointment on similar basis (1year SEGS + 4years HSMP) and after a long research concluded that SEGS does not count towards settlement either (or so I have now made to believe)
I cancelled my appointment and will now have to wait till Nov 11 for my application.
I am covered under JR and just hope they don't bring out any new rules in April to prevent ILR to us
any opinions, anyone??

bani

Post by bani » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:49 am

I wouldn't worry because you are covered by 2 HSMP JR's that stipulate that no future changes should affect your 5 year clock and towards settlement. It is the other categories (WP, long residence, etc.) that are vulnerable.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 am

Saf wrote:Many thanks for your help.

Just to confirm few more things:

1-I was on on workpermit for 1 year (TWES) and I hope it also counts towards ILR (as one of the other member also got ILR on that basis)

Many Thanks

Saf please can you show me where or who got ILR based on SEGS or TWES + HMSP over a 5 year period??

If we can find a case of this happening then that might set a very very valuable precedent!!!

sunny1407

Post by sunny1407 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:22 am

bani wrote:I wouldn't worry because you are covered by 2 HSMP JR's that stipulate that no future changes should affect your 5 year clock and towards settlement. It is the other categories (WP, long residence, etc.) that are vulnerable.
Hi bani,

do you then think that the new rules now out (implemented apr11) saying that for ILR you have to have a minimum salary required for your last extension wont' affect HSMP JR cases.

As you know, I qualify for ILR next Nov now and had my last extension under JR (no min salary ever needed then or initial HSMP), so am a bit worried just in case they decide to put the min salary rule on us as well

any ideas anyone?? pleaseee

Saf
Newly Registered

Post by Saf » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi All

I would like to share my experience. One of the members on the board got ILR with 1year TWES+3years Work permit+1 year Tier 1. I booked an appointment with the hope that I would qualify for ILR.

I went to Solihull where they check your documents first and once they are satisfied, they ask you to pay the fees. The case worker checked my TWES on his sytem and he rejected the application straight away as this doesn't count towards ILR.

So anyone planning to apply for ILR on that basis, I would advice not to waste the time and rather wait.

Regards

Saf
Newly Registered

Post by Saf » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:55 pm

The person who got ILR on that basis is kanaparthyprasad. See below his post.
kanaparthyprasad wrote:I have successfully obtained my ILR(premium appointment,liverpool) on the above combination on completeion of five years.
TWES(1 year)+ B&C WP(2 years) + Tier 1(2years)

no questions asked

submitted the following: All leave to remain letters for Twes, b&C WP , tier 1
last 2 years business accounts
6 months current and savings account statement.
last 2 self assessment returns and statements from HMRC

I have had doubts as to if TWES is counted towards the qualifying period and my understanding is that TWES was kind of work permit just like Business and Commercial permits being a king of work permit.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks for that Saf. I feel kanaparthyprasad was probably lucky on the day. In my opinion it was worth a try on your part, with a slice of luck you may have gone through as well!!

I am definitely going to have a go when im due next Feb, if they turn me back before taking my money i wouldnt mind one bit :)

Saf, did they keep any details of your application even though it wasnt processed?