ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zar2009

Re: hi

Post by zar2009 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:57 pm

INH wrote:Hi, Just had an email informing me that my wifes spouse visa application has been processed, and i should wait for VAC to contact my wife to collect her paperwork, we have been asked not to get in touch with Gerrys as this will cause delay on all applications.
How long will it be now?
How do I know what decision has been made?
Thanks
Dear INH

when did you apply?
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Me, hoeny123, Khan786 and ImranOne applied in October.

What dates and where did you apply guys?

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:58 pm

If its ok with the moderators, can someone please set up a spread sheet for October?

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

hoeny123 wrote:
ImranOne wrote:Just out of curiosity how many people have submitted apps in October?
me and Khan786 have applied in october...its ben 4 weeks to me today.
I appiled in October also.

minty

Post by minty » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:19 pm

I am compiling a list of October applicants

Please can you forward your

Type of settlement visa (spouse/fiance etc)
Country/City of application
Sponsors Country and City
Date of App
Date for Online status date for forwarded to Islamabad OC
Date for Online status date for forwarded to Islamabad BHC
Other online status

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm

All October Applicants please provide following details. Thank you

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CP6W7MkJ

khan786

Post by khan786 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:23 pm

INH wrote:Hi, Just had an email informing me that my wifes spouse visa application has been processed, and i should wait for VAC to contact my wife to collect her paperwork, we have been asked not to get in touch with Gerrys as this will cause delay on all applications.
How long will it be now?
How do I know what decision has been made?
Thanks
When did you apply? please do tell :roll:

p.s added my details to oct list
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanx for adding your details to the October spreadsheet Khan786. You submitted ur app same day as me, yet my status has not changed, i dnt understand? do they not deal with them on a day to day basis?

khan786

Post by khan786 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

ImranOne wrote:Thanx for adding your details to the October spreadsheet Khan786. You submitted ur app same day as me, yet my status has not changed, i dnt understand? do they not deal with them on a day to day basis?
It works in funny ways u may get your visa for collection earlier then me.
Just ignore the status for the next 12 weeks then start to worry my brother.

I got a bit of a problem because i gave the permanant contract letter for my current job at nationwide when i applied for visa.

I really do hope they make no employer contact because i most likely will change my job in the next comming weeks. Then again i might just ride out the next 2 months go pakistan for 2 weeks and wait for another job offer...
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Am pretty sure they cant hold it against you if you change your job while your application is under review. Can anyone shed some light on this situation please? If you change your job and then they contact your previous employer what would happen? can you ask your previous employer to forward your current employers details?Please advise. Thank you.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Has anyone applied in september? my husbands on his 7th week i think and we havent heard anything yet?? i really hope we were something soon im counting down my days, but i think ive got my hopes up for a reply around the 14th of november inshallah we hear good news, and hope everyone whos still waiting will hear something very soon the wait is killing me :(
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

dilseabbassi, the current pattern tends to be a decision being made on approx the 10th week, add a few weeks of unnecessary waiting of about 4-6 weeks on top of that and that is when you'll likely get a response.

So 7th week is way too early for the current pattern.

I'd say give it until early/mid Dec as that is likely when u may hear something - inshallah.

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Sorry i meant the 14th december not november lol i just read my post back...yeah early to mid december is when im hoping to hear something, sorry for the confusion :)

safia

Post by safia » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:15 pm

dilseabbassi wrote:Has anyone applied in september? my husbands on his 7th week i think and we havent heard anything yet?? i really hope we were something soon im counting down my days, but i think ive got my hopes up for a reply around the 14th of november inshallah we hear good news, and hope everyone whos still waiting will hear something very soon the wait is killing me :(

hi i alos applied on the 27th of september. i was hoping to hear something in the 1st week lol hope its worth the wait inshallah
'SOF'

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:18 pm

yeah i was the same, was hoping for a bit too much i guess lol where did u apply to?

hoeny123
Newly Registered

Post by hoeny123 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 pm

ImranOne wrote:Am pretty sure they cant hold it against you if you change your job while your application is under review. Can anyone shed some light on this situation please? If you change your job and then they contact your previous employer what would happen? can you ask your previous employer to forward your current employers details?Please advise. Thank you.
Imran, this is what i have been getting information on since last few days and found out from the advices/suggestions on different forums that changing the employer is not a big issue as long as the sponsor provides home office with new employer contact details....the change of empoyer informaiton needs to be with them before the start of 12th week which is normally the time when the ECO opens the file to start woking on it as any information sent after this time may not reach ECO in time and may result in disaster in case th ECO contacts the employer to confirm it...the new documentattion to be sent includes:

- P45 from previous employer,
-previous employer reference letter (stating the date you started and left)
-new employment refrence letter,
-new employment cotract,
-payslips
-bank statement

this is what i could gather during last few days on this issue....if possible then pls check and add anything which you think might be important and missing from the above information.....

riz_ras

Islamanbad dealing with visa applications?

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 am

Salaam everyone. I'm new to the forum, although I have been reading with interest over the last few days since I discovered it. My wife is applying for her visa, she submitted it on 1 November at the Mirpur office. Just wandering if anyone had any idea about the following:

1. When submitting her application at the Gerry office, my wife was told that her application would now be dealt with solely in Islamabad (and not sent abroad) and that the visa office had started a this new policy from the previous week, in order to deal with matters quicker. My question is, has anyone else heard this when they were submitting their papers? I checked on the Gerry and UKBA websites and I couldnt see any information on this. Not sure if Gerry office (or my wife!) have got things mixed up.

2. Is there an excel sheet for November? I know I am being a little keen, but it would be good to know who else is in the same boat as me.

So many sleepless nights thinking about this application and praying for the best. The wait just keeps going on and on.... (been waiting 6 months for my wife's 21st birthday, before putting papers in)

zar2009

Re: Islamanbad dealing with visa applications?

Post by zar2009 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 am

riz_ras wrote:Salaam everyone. I'm new to the forum, although I have been reading with interest over the last few days since I discovered it. My wife is applying for her visa, she submitted it on 1 November at the Mirpur office. Just wandering if anyone had any idea about the following:

1. When submitting her application at the Gerry office, my wife was told that her application would now be dealt with solely in Islamabad (and not sent abroad) and that the visa office had started a this new policy from the previous week, in order to deal with matters quicker. My question is, has anyone else heard this when they were submitting their papers? I checked on the Gerry and UKBA websites and I couldnt see any information on this. Not sure if Gerry office (or my wife!) have got things mixed up.

2. Is there an excel sheet for November? I know I am being a little keen, but it would be good to know who else is in the same boat as me.

So many sleepless nights thinking about this application and praying for the best. The wait just keeps going on and on.... (been waiting 6 months for my wife's 21st birthday, before putting papers in)
Interesting. I was browsing the ukvacpk website and came across the following:
Email

This is the preferred and most efficient form of communication. Please email the UK Border Agency where your visa application was processed:

Non settlement visas: Abu Dhabi: visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

Settlement (with a UKHB or UK Visa Section prefix): UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Settlement (with an ISB prefix): IslamabadSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

I wondered at the time why there was a separate e-mail for Islamabad. Maybe what your wife has been told was correct?!?

safia

to moderators

Post by safia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 am

could we please have a spreadsheet for september applicants .
'SOF'

safia

Post by safia » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am

dilseabbassi wrote:yeah i was the same, was hoping for a bit too much i guess lol where did u apply to?
I applied at islamabad. 2nd time, lets hope its gud news this time to me and everyone else.
'SOF'

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:28 am

riz_ras wrote:Salaam everyone. I'm new to the forum, although I have been reading with interest over the last few days since I discovered it. My wife is applying for her visa, she submitted it on 1 November at the Mirpur office. Just wandering if anyone had any idea about the following:

Interesting article please read:

http://news.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/da ... amabad-700

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 am

zar2009 wrote:

Interesting. I was browsing the ukvacpk website and came across the following:
Email

This is the preferred and most efficient form of communication. Please email the UK Border Agency where your visa application was processed:

Non settlement visas: Abu Dhabi: visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

Settlement (with a UKHB or UK Visa Section prefix): UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

Settlement (with an ISB prefix): IslamabadSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

I wondered at the time why there was a separate e-mail for Islamabad. Maybe what your wife has been told was correct?!?

Thanks for this. Does anyone know what it means by ISB prefix or UKHB prefix?

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:34 am

zar2009 wrote:

Interesting article please read:

http://news.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/da ... amabad-700

This is a quote from the end of the article. Not sure what it means by "processing". Is this routine stuff or the actual decision making?

The home secretary said much of the processing of settlement (long-term) visas had been brought back to Islamabad.

“Increased amount of work is now being done in Islamabad. Some work in UK (on settlement visas) is now being done in Islamabad.â€

ali2102

Spouse Visa

Post by ali2102 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:26 am

Salaam I was just wondering if it was possible to have a list for September. My wife submitted her visa in 20/09/2010 at the Mirpur office. The wait is killing me, i just hope its all worth the wait so I emailed them yesterday.. I know its early but just gave it a go.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Details regarding processing times can be found on Gerry’s website www.ukvacpk.com under ‘Guide to processing times.’ All settlement applications can take up to 12 weeks from the date of application to process. Please contact us if this time has lapsed and you have not been contacted regarding your application.

Your application is under 12 weeks and has not yet been processed.

Thanks

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 am

For those of you wanting to set up a spreadsheet for your respective months. You need to go to google and search "google spreadsheets" then set one up (you will need to register). Hope this helps.