ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Limit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nic44
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Limit

Post by Nic44 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi all

My question relates to the limits imposed on Tier 1 (general) visas between July 2010 and March 2011.

I am sure I read on the UKBA website that if your application was received before 31 March 2011 but the limit for the year was exceeded that you would have the option of withdrawing your application as it would then be assessed under the new rules coming in from 1 April 2011 (which we don't know what they will be yet). However, I'm trying to find that advice now and am drawing a blank - has anyone else read this and if so can you please provide a link?

Thanks in advance for any help!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Nic44
Newly Registered

Post by Nic44 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

Thanks for your reply. I do realise that the limit is capped monthly, however I understood that new rules (and limits) would be in place from 1 April 2011 and was wondering how applications would be treated that meet the criteria currently in place, are lodged in March 2011 but are not granted in March solely because the cap has been exceeded. Would they be assessed under the criteria in place at the time of application, or under the criteria introduced from 1 April 2011?

Cheers
Nic44

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:23 am

wud be accessed under the new criteria...so in short u shud consider it a miracle if u get ur visa when u apply anytime after feb 2011