ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - has anyone submitted Laminated Marklists

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajinsanand

Tier 1 - has anyone submitted Laminated Marklists

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:25 am

Hi,

Can I submit laminated Marklists while applying for Tier 1?

I am planning to apply tomorrow @ Bangalore VFS. I need to submit the Marklist for the MCA and Bachelor's Degree. All the marklist are in bad condiction and I doubt whether it will get damaged when I get it back .

Experts please help.

Regards,
Sajin

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:37 am

sajinsanand wrote:Can I submit laminated Marklists while applying for Tier 1?
As mentioned before, marksheets are not required when submitting degree certificate!
sajinsanand wrote:I need to submit the Marklist for the MCA and Bachelor's Degree.
Please make an effort to read the policy guidance *carefully* to understand what documentary evidence(s) are required to claim points for qualifications and English language and under what circumstances.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

guaravd

Re: Tier 1 - has anyone submitted Laminated Marklists

Post by guaravd » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 am

sajinsanand wrote:Hi,

Can I submit laminated Marklists while applying for Tier 1?

I am planning to apply tomorrow @ Bangalore VFS. I need to submit the Marklist for the MCA and Bachelor's Degree. All the marklist are in bad condiction and I doubt whether it will get damaged when I get it back .

Experts please help.

Regards,
Sajin
As per my understanding you should submit all the possible proofs you have to prove your education. Case Workers at times react very weared or naive and can reject your application on stupid reasons. Hence its better to be safe than sorry. And yes, there is no harm in submitting laminated marksheets. Best of Luck

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:49 am

That's misguiding an applicant - which may be due to personal (biased) opinion, experience(s) with / grudge(s) against UKBA, and/or incomplete knowledge or understanding of what the policy guidance states.

:roll:
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 am

The policy guidance is pretty clear about when "academic reference and transcript" are to be (or can be) submitted.

And marksheets are not necessarily "academic transcripts".

regards

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 am

sushdmehta wrote:That's misguiding an applicant - which may be due to personal (biased) opinion, experience(s) with / grudge(s) against UKBA, and/or incomplete knowledge or understanding of what the policy guidance states.

:roll:
regards
Its purely from the personal experience sushdmehta and no grudges againts UKBA.

I do have the complete knowledge and understanding of what the policy guidance states and i suggest to everybody that Nobody should deviate from the policy guidance , i am only in favor of submitting additional documents to make the case more stronger.

What i was trying to meant was Documents like marksheet can be submitted but ALONG with degree/masters certificate and not as a standlone document. :)

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Only degree certificate needs to be submitted...

You can submit as much evidence as you want but keep in mind that the ECO will go through the whole lot and waste time... so an application that should only take a couple of hours to complete will take longer... and if any doubt is raised about these "mark sheets" then prepare to wait...

here is the ideal document list.

education:
1 degree certificate for highest qualification
NARIC if required

earnings:
salary slips
bank statements

maintenance:
bank statement

english:
IELTS report

having said that I have no idea about your case so this list may not apply to you...

Keep your application straight forward...

hope this helps...

A

Raj09
Newly Registered

Hello Guys...

Post by Raj09 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:35 am

Hello everyone;

I got my Tier1 in just one week.

The pervious comments and guidence on this forum really helped me and because of this I saved my 50000 by not hiring any consultant or agent for this.

As per my experience, its better to submit the documents which are mentioned in the policy guidance.

No need to submit any NARIC letter or certificate from university for English Language if your University is listed in UKBA calculator.

And once again thanks to this forum.

Regards,
Raj

sajinsanand

Re: Hello Guys...

Post by sajinsanand » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 am

@ Raj: when did you submitted your application?

Raj09
Newly Registered

Post by Raj09 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:00 pm

@Sajin: 1st of Nov.

By the way , quota for november month is full. The quota was full on 10th of Nov.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:51 pm

I applied on 11th Novenmber 2010 :( . fingers crossed....