ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WCATT Stamp 5

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

room1102

WCATT Stamp 5

Post by room1102 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 pm

I applied for WCATT Stamp 5 based on 8 years residency in Ireland. I checked Anpost delivery record online that INIS in Burgh Quay received my application in 29th October this year. I would like to know how long does it usually take them to decide my application. Also, if they granted me the Stamp 5 based on residency for 8 years in Ireland, will this help my citizenship application if I am unemployed (but have not claim social welfare) for sometimes.

Thank you;

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 pm

i believe nowadays it takes 1-2 months for WCATT applications.
WCATT will not have any effect on your citizenship application. It will not help you in any case.

rlow68

Re: WCATT Stamp 5

Post by rlow68 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:26 am

room1102 wrote:I applied for WCATT Stamp 5 based on 8 years residency in Ireland. I checked Anpost delivery record online that INIS in Burgh Quay received my application in 29th October this year. I would like to know how long does it usually take them to decide my application. Also, if they granted me the Stamp 5 based on residency for 8 years in Ireland, will this help my citizenship application if I am unemployed (but have not claim social welfare) for sometimes.

Thank you;
You are not working and not claiming welfare, then legally how are you surviving in this country?

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:57 am

Some people have enough savings to last until they find another job or are able to survive on a partner's income.

room1102

Post by room1102 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:32 pm

rlow68 wrote:
room1102 wrote:I applied for WCATT Stamp 5 based on 8 years residency in Ireland. I checked Anpost delivery record online that INIS in Burgh Quay received my application in 29th October this year. I would like to know how long does it usually take them to decide my application. Also, if they granted me the Stamp 5 based on residency for 8 years in Ireland, will this help my citizenship application if I am unemployed (but have not claim social welfare) for sometimes.

Thank you;
You are not working and not claiming welfare, then legally how are you surviving in this country?
Wico is corrected. I have couple of properties. I am living on my rent money. Some people living on their partner's income but I am not married but I am lucky enough that I can live on my rental income.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Fairplay to you room1102. Hope you get your citizenship soon.

regarding wcatt it should be done with in 4 to 6 weeks.

GoodLuck
Last edited by Aceform on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

room1102

Post by room1102 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 am

Aceform wrote:Failplay to you room1102. Hope you get your citizenship soon.

GoodLuck
Thank you Aceform but I do not think they will give me the citizenship because I do not have a job. From what I understand in this forum, it is a unsaid rule that no job no citizenship I think. Even tho I have rental income but INIS would not see it like the way I hope but thank you again

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29 am

room1102 wrote:
Aceform wrote:Fairplay to you room1102. Hope you get your citizenship soon.

GoodLuck
Thank you Aceform but I do not think they will give me the citizenship because I do not have a job. From what I understand in this forum, it is a unsaid rule that no job no citizenship I think. Even tho I have rental income but INIS would not see it like the way I hope but thank you again
Don't lose hope mate. Another suggestion is register yourself as self-employed as you are getting rental income. Don't think you need to pay taxes if the income is below the threshold and you can show the expenses as well. Just a suggestion

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 pm

Aceform wrote:
room1102 wrote:
Aceform wrote:Fairplay to you room1102. Hope you get your citizenship soon.

GoodLuck
Don't lose hope mate. Another suggestion is register yourself as self-employed as you are getting rental income. Don't think you need to pay taxes if the income is below the threshold and you can show the expenses as well. Just a suggestion
I am very sure you will be approved, if you are not taking the dole, but can show that you have worked in the country, lost your job through recession, and can show evidence of the rental income. i.e by sending them your statements of account showing the rental income from your tenant. I can even say you are a lucky man, as majority that lost their job do not have rental income, and have no choice than taking government assistance until they can secure another job which is not guaranteed in a short time, and they have finished their savings. So dont despair. You are safe

d9562591
Newly Registered

Post by d9562591 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm

sorry to piggyback this thread, I have just qualify for 8 years for WCATT, I am wondering how long do they take before they are approved? I need to travel home from 23rd Dec for Christmas, is it advisable to apply now, I have all applications and documentation ready for post by tomorrow. Any expert or anyone has just received their stamp know the timeline now?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Usually it should take between 4 to 6 weeks. But it's not guaranteed. And it's xmas time as well. I would hold off applying now, if I were you.

Good Luck

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi d9562591,
It can take anything from 4-6 weeks. it is been reported in few posts on this forum. [could be more keeping in mind holidays for Xmas are almost here] So if you are planning to travel in Dec and have valid Visa or GNIB card for few months, than advice be to enjoy your break and come back and apply.

Regards
Tiggs

d9562591
Newly Registered

Post by d9562591 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately I have just send it, seeing that no reply, as I will be away for 2 months until end of Feb 2011, I thought I should apply for it now. Now I can only hope.....hope I have not done a big mistake!!!

room1102

Post by room1102 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 pm

d9562591 wrote:Thanks for all the replies, unfortunately I have just send it, seeing that no reply, as I will be away for 2 months until end of Feb 2011, I thought I should apply for it now. Now I can only hope.....hope I have not done a big mistake!!!
I got my WCATT now. What is next?

I applied in 29th of September and I just got my passports and approval letter back from INIS saying that my application for WCATT has been approved and now I need to register with GNIB before my current permission to remain expire in order to make the WCATT valid, so it took between 4 to 6 weeks like people mentioning in this forum.

If you going to travel in December, I hope you will get your passport before you travel because no one really works in government department the week before Xmas, so good luck to you!

scorpion64
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion64 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:34 am

[quote="room1102"]I applied for WCATT Stamp 5 based on 8 years residency in Ireland. I checked Anpost delivery record online that INIS in Burgh Quay received my application in 29th October this year. I would like to know how long does it usually take them to decide my application. Also, if they granted me the Stamp 5 based on residency for 8 years in Ireland, will this help my citizenship application if I am unemployed (but have not claim social welfare) for sometimes.

Thank you;[/quote]I applied for Wcatt a month b4 you still no answer or any movement yet. Worried about my original documents
which i sent by registered post[quote][/quote]

room1102

Post by room1102 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:14 pm

scorpion64 wrote:

Thank you;
I applied for Wcatt a month b4 you still no answer or any movement yet. Worried about my original documents
which i sent by registered post
Before me? Have you check with the AN POST website and see if they have actually recevied it. Also, wrtie to INIS with a simple letter and query about your application. I think this would be the best thing to do if you have not heard from INIS after 4 to 6 weeks time frame like many people mention in this forum. Do not be surprised because sometime things do get lost within INIS itself! Best of Luck to you!

scorpion64
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion64 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:50 pm

yeah i send a letter to department today. now lets see.do u have any idea how much time they r taking theses days.

csr

Post by csr » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 am

So, now we can obtained this stamp by appointment as well.
Will they give on the same day?

Any body done this in-person?

The Without Condition endorsement can be obtained either by appointment or by post.
Appointments are available on Tuesday or Thursday mornings from 10.00am until 11.30am.
Applicants can arrange appointments by telephone via the Immigration Helpline, (01) 6167700, Option No. 3 (5).

Without Condition Endorsement
Categories of qualifying persons

THROUGH PARENTS:
When one of the applicant's parents was born in the State.
Original documents required:
Mother’s or father's long-form civil birth certificate
If claiming through mother, civil marriage certificate is required because of possible change of maiden name
Applicant's long-form civil birth certificate
Applicant's current passport
THROUGH GRANDPARENT:
Applicant must produce Foreign Births Registration certificate issued by Dept. of Foreign Affairs plus applicant's passport
NATURALISATION/ POST NUPTIAL CITIZENSHIP (PNC):
Applicant must produce original naturalisation certificate/Post Nuptial Citizenship (PNC) certificate or Irish passport plus applicant's passport
PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition endorsement may have this stamp renewed in their current passport on production of both expired passport containing the endorsement and their current passport.
If an applicant has a parent who was granted citizenship by naturalisation/PNC/parentage/etc before the applicant in question was born, it is also open to him/her to obtain a Without Condition endorsement in his/her foreign passport.

The Without Condition endorsement can be obtained either by appointment or by post.
Appointments are available on Tuesday or Thursday mornings from 10.00am until 11.30am.
Applicants can arrange appointments by telephone via the Immigration Helpline, (01) 6167700, Option No. 3 (5).

Alternatively, individuals may make an application in writing by registered post to the

Without Condition Endorsement Section
INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Accompanied by the relevant documentation and a short covering note including all their contact details.

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

That's "Without Condition" you're referring to (Stamp 6 no?) whereas this thread refers to "Without Condition As To Time".

They are different.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 pm

csr wrote:So, now we can obtained this stamp by appointment as well.
Will they give on the same day?

Any body done this in-person?

Without Condition Endorsement
Categories of qualifying persons

THROUGH PARENTS:
When one of the applicant's parents was born in the State.
Original documents required:
Mother’s or father's long-form civil birth certificate
If claiming through mother, civil marriage certificate is required because of possible change of maiden name
Applicant's long-form civil birth certificate
Applicant's current passport
THROUGH GRANDPARENT:
Applicant must produce Foreign Births Registration certificate issued by Dept. of Foreign Affairs plus applicant's passport
NATURALISATION/ POST NUPTIAL CITIZENSHIP (PNC):
Applicant must produce original naturalisation certificate/Post Nuptial Citizenship (PNC) certificate or Irish passport plus applicant's passport
PREVIOUSLY STAMPED:
Any applicant who has a previous Without Condition endorsement may have this stamp renewed in their current passport on production of both expired passport containing the endorsement and their current passport.
If an applicant has a parent who was granted citizenship by naturalisation/PNC/parentage/etc before the applicant in question was born, it is also open to him/her to obtain a Without Condition endorsement in his/her foreign passport.

Alternatively, individuals may make an application in writing by registered post to the

Without Condition Endorsement Section
INIS
3rd Floor
13 - 14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2.

Accompanied by the relevant documentation and a short covering note including all their contact details.
Please read the section:

Please Note:

An application which does not have original documents will not be accepted and will be returned.

New applications for Without Conditions As To Time (WCATT) Stamp 5 can only be accepted by post.

source : http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

room1102

Post by room1102 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:13 pm

scorpion64 wrote:yeah i send a letter to department today. now lets see.do u have any idea how much time they r taking theses days.
Sorry, couldn't tell you when they will answer you but best of luck to you tho!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:21 pm

scorpion64 wrote:yeah i send a letter to department today. now lets see.do u have any idea how much time they r taking theses days.
40 days according to http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements