ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between Tier 1 acceptance and entry clearance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Time between Tier 1 acceptance and entry clearance

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:09 pm

When I first applied in march 2008 I got a letter back from Workpermit.com that basically said I was successful and that I had 6 months to get entry clearance before entering the UK. They only stamped the visa in my passport when I went for entry clearance(which was several months later) and did all the biometric data etc.

Do they now issue the Tier 1 visa in your passport when your application is successful. in other words do they do entry clearance at the same time as the application or was mine different because I went through an agent and I had to entry clearance separately is that why I had 6 months to get entry clearance?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 pm

PBS is a single step process (approval = entry clearance /leave to remain), unlike HSMP which was a two step process (approval + entry clearance / leave to remain).

regards